Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theelite

Your first love... the curve of your choice

the original thorton curve on the eastons. its funny i cant really remember what it looked like all i know is that i loved it.

It is basically the Lidstrom these days.

Thornton wasn't nearly as deep and had much less loft. I remember cleaning out the Peranis in Pittsburgh every time I went back to visit my in-laws because there were a couple guys back here who loved that curve.

the original thorton curve on the eastons. its funny i cant really remember what it looked like all i know is that i loved it.

Thornton wasn't nearly as deep and had much less loft. I remember cleaning out the Peranis in Pittsburgh every time I went back to visit my in-laws because there were a couple guys back here who loved that curve.

Was this curve similar to the old Louisville Lockjaw Thornton pattern?

i used the sherwood bourque for a long time, had some other sticks close to it, but always found myself seeking out bourque 7000's. haha, that was a mid-toe curve, now im all about the heel...using mission ribero's now.

Was this curve similar to the old Louisville Lockjaw Thornton pattern?

I don't recall the lockjaw Thornton

Bauer P10. Still use it, have used it for 10 years since it was the Bure. Getting harder and harder though, now have to use the custom ID program.

coffee curve ( banana style ) because thats the only way to snipe the "can of beans" on the top shelf....

remember there are two top shelf phrases after a guy scores...

A) If your teamate has a break away and he goes top shelf on the goalie

then yell from the bench...."SHAW", "SHAW", "SHAW" becaues that means

"Shelf at Will"....

B) If your teammate scores because of scrum in front of net and goalie down and goes shelf, then yell...."SHIN", "SHIN", "SHIN" than means

Shelf if needed.....

p106 linden on bauer woody blades. pattern has never been the same since

No it hasn't, I stopped playing for a few years to focus on football and when I picked it back up last winter I went to pick up a couple of the new P106's to find out they aren't like the old Linden.. That was the only curve I used for like 6 years

I love the Easton Forsberg since the first day I picked up a stick. I've used it ever since.

I wish that they had a stick like the Forsberg or the PM9 that was identical to it except had a completely closed face. That would be so lovely.

Easton Ciccarelli (Thornton in later years) and no, it was nothing like the Lockjaw Thornton.

Koho Sundin

Koho Stevens

Titan Daigle

Titan Lemieux

Christian Fedorov and Janney

The old Sherwood Coffey till they made it a banana...

For the most part, I've always been a Coffey man....

I am currently using a SW RM19 Stastny OPS, made specially for a LHS in Minnesota. This pattern is, so I was told, the original Coffey PRO pattern. But it is almost exactly as deep as the retail coffey, only the blade is shorter and smaller (in height).

I loved the old Bauer Clark curve (only the lie was too high for me). Would love to get a hold of one and then get some custom blades made up to its specs only with a lie 5.

I had a Canadian a long while back with a huge mid curve -- loved it. No clue what the pattern was. Maybe some of you guys know which one I'm talking about?

Currently using the easton forsberg. I use junior sticks and the blade descriptions are usually not at all the same compared to seniors, for example, I picked up a couple of tps tkachuks because it was suppose to me similair to the forsberg, curve wise it is but the lie was ~4, and one time I wanted to try a higher lie and saw some cheap lindros on ebay for sale, thinking I was gonna get some 6 lie blades to try, ended up with lindros in 4.5 lie.

Last practice I dug up some old Flite blades that by Chadd's description sounds like an old easton thornton, its marked as a Lidstrom curve but looks straighter and has less loft.

The old original synergy sakic curve.. i hate the new one on the cnt and such.

What did the old sakics look like? I remember when I started and was using easton intermediate sticks and could not get any muster/accuracy behind the current sakic, a combination of too much curve and open-ness, but it could also have been due to the fact I was using a flex too high for me. ;)