Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

ONE95 Skates, size 6

I am d in both.

Any differnce in comfort or performance when you changed?

Im really intrigued as our shop contact in the US is taking pre orders from our team.

Can't comment on performance. I've only skated on them an hour. Comfort felt great though. I think they are a little more comfortable than my one90's and I loved the fit of those.

Yes, they can ship them with holders unassembled. In Drew's custom order, he wants to go with PITCH3 on them, and since C+ has the same drill pattern, not to mention that you need a really clean drill bit to drill through the new insole (NBH changed drillbits and upped the RPM on their drills) I'll just remove and put PITCH3 on them when they ship to me.

Don't know if this is the right one95 thread but NBH is coming out with a lightspeed power holder in white right? If so, it can be mounted on these skates easily? Anyone who has both one90's and 95's, was their much of a difference when it came to holders?

Don't know if this is the right one95 thread but NBH is coming out with a lightspeed power holder in white right? If so, it can be mounted on these skates easily? Anyone who has both one90's and 95's, was their much of a difference when it came to holders?

ONE95 ships with LS2 holders and LS2.1 steel.

The new thing is the LS2.1 steel, which has the extra length of the LS2Power runners, but fits in the regular LS2 holder. LS2Power holder is gone.

I sent an email to the folks at Kemp's and asked about sizing. They said they spoke with NBH and that the One95s are NOT sized down a half size compared to regular Supremes. I'm sure I've read elsewhere on MSH that they ARE sized down like the One90s. I'm currently wearing 8090s in 7D, trying to figure out if I want to go 7D as well, 7EE because 8090s ran wide compared to the other Supremes of their period, or 6 1/2EE because of a possible half-size downsize.

Of course the easy answer would be wait and try them on. However I know of no one in Western Washington that'll be carrying them. I could head north to British Columbia, but I've already heard the going price up there could be $799.99CDN vs. $649.99 through Kemp's. I'd LOVE to support a LHS, but dang it my budget won't allow for it if I want these skates. I also don't want to be "that guy", who tries stuff on in the LHS and buys online.

Thanks

moose77 Posted Today, 03:09 PM

I sent an email to the folks at Kemp's and asked about sizing. They said they spoke with NBH and that the One95s are NOT sized down a half size compared to regular Supremes. I'm sure I've read elsewhere on MSH that they ARE sized down like the One90s. I'm currently wearing 8090s in 7D, trying to figure out if I want to go 7D as well, 7EE because 8090s ran wide compared to the other Supremes of their period, or 6 1/2EE because of a possible half-size downsize.

Of course the easy answer would be wait and try them on. However I know of no one in Western Washington that'll be carrying them. I could head north to British Columbia, but I've already heard the going price up there could be $799.99CDN vs. $649.99 through Kemp's. I'd LOVE to support a LHS, but dang it my budget won't allow for it if I want these skates. I also don't want to be "that guy", who tries stuff on in the LHS and buys online.

Thanks

I've only tried on a teammates pair of One90s and have never worn 8090s, however; I do know that the teammate who has a pair of One90s takes a 7.5 and was an 8 in Vapor XX's before that and have read here that others went a half size down when coming from Vapors. I also remember reading on here than 8090s are about a half size down from Vapor XX's, but are a wider skate with more depth. From reading the One95 threads it seems the length is the same as the One90s, but the width and depth is similar to the 8090s. Based on all of this information I'd say it's likely you're a 7D in One95s if you're a 7D in 8090s and they fit you properly. Your best bet is to try them on if you can, but that's my best guess based on the available information.

Thanks

I will be waiting at Kemps on April 14 to try them on.

They do, they lost their account. That simple.

Yeah, ok. Lets see Graf, or any company for that matter, drop a big account because some local joe wants to sell at MSRP. Not gonna happen, economics dont work that way.

Hockey gear,guitars,watches, all the same business principles apply. Its all about the dollar from the manufacturers position, and in reality, as long as the business has paid for the merchandise and its not on terms or floor plan, its their right to sell it for whatever they want to, legally. If they are a big enough customer, there is no risk of being cutoff.

And therein lies the problem.

A VERY large sporting goods chain in the central United States lost their Graf account recently. Also, a rather large guitar store here lost their Gibson account for going below MAP. Not saying it will or won't happen, but at least shops have been put on notice.

They do, they lost their account. That simple.

Yeah, ok. Lets see Graf, or any company for that matter, drop a big account because some local joe wants to sell at MSRP. Not gonna happen, economics dont work that way.

Hockey gear,guitars,watches, all the same business principles apply. Its all about the dollar from the manufacturers position, and in reality, as long as the business has paid for the merchandise and its not on terms or floor plan, its their right to sell it for whatever they want to, legally. If they are a big enough customer, there is no risk of being cutoff.

And therein lies the problem.

The rule is that you cannot advertise it lower than a certain price. It is the contract you sign when you open an account. They can pull your account - I know the account that Drew's talking about :) :-/

i jsut dont get why the company would care its not them losing money if a store buys them they already paid NBH there money now the sell that skates and if they wanna sell theem and loose money cant they haha? if that makes sense to any one