Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Demon

What do you do for a job and do you like it?

I am currently a Crew Trainer at McDonalds, used to love it, but it's been awful now for a little bit. I'm trying to explore other non McJobs right now.

i work(ed) in an italian ice place. All the free ices we want, $10 an hour, and the comfort of air conditioning. Too bad they treat me like shit :angry:

Awesome actually. Were a "trial area" so I'm not sure if it'll go international anytime soon. I got to make'em all and give'em all a go as well. Haven't worked a "sandwich shift" yet though.

I work at EA BlackBox. I absolutely love it so far but the long hours are tough. They treat their employees better than any company that I've ever heard of though.

Statistician for Stats, Inc.. My schedule is flexible, I watch sports all day and do data entry for one or more of the major professional sports, college sports, European soccer, Golf, NASCAR, etc., and get paid to do it. :) My last major project involved playin' an Xbox to help improve their sports games. Life definitely could be worse.

I just started as an inside sales rep. at the software company "Computer Associates" (CA for those who are familiar with it).

So far so good. Very good pay and some nice perspectives... :huh:

I'm a graphic artist working on Department of Defense computer based training projects. In other words I slap borders and drop shadows on images of sailors doing all kinds of stupid crap. It sucks, my boss is a nasty self serving psycho and the work is about as boring and unfulfilling as it could possibly be. I'm working at home right now which is nice but I'm getting a little sick of spending 95% of my week in my apartment.

LOL so basically you work for the company that owns the Islanders...boooooooooooooo :)

I thought nobody would know this.... :P

They should have sponsored a more exciting team IMO, but at least they do care about sports as they sponsors some other major sports...

In fact, I don't think they care that much. As long as they have a good ROI (return On Investment) on this...

I don't work right now (and never have). But in a couple weekends I am thinking about getting qualified to ref hockey. If not I will probally just go into the mall and find a job at American Eagle or something (if I'm old enough). I dont think I am old enough to work at a pro shop though.

LOL so basically you work for the company that owns the Islanders...boooooooooooooo  :)

I thought nobody would know this.... :P

They should have sponsored a more exciting team IMO, but at least they do care about sports as they sponsors some other major sports...

In fact, I don't think they care that much. As long as they have a good ROI (return On Investment) on this...

Yeah, I know all :P

I'm originally from Long Island.

i love my job, i work at a place called Sportway, its like go-karts,batting cage and mini-golf.. work as track guy, put people on and off go karts, stuff like that, easy and lots of hot chicks, its the easiest job in the world

I work at the Quad-City Times. It is a very prominent newspaper in Iowa and Illinois. Right now I work as 1 of 2 staff members on a new project created by Northwestern University and the QC Times. It is a website that has content for teenagers that is by teenagers and pulled from various newswires. The content is updated daily on the website and then once a week there is a newspaper with all the best content from the site. I write articles for it and do alot of administrative/office stuff too since I am an intern with the editor. It is really starting to take off and gain alot of popularity in the area, which is good. We have also been featured in a couple other newspapers from all across the country.

The website is www.yourmomonline.com. Feel free to take a look and pass it on to friends, but the content is mostly intended for teens in the area. Alot of it will apply to anyone though. Enjoy :)

Not to bad for a senior in high school aye?

he didnt get along very will with his boss.

A little of topic but the Computer Associates headquarters here on the island is absolutely gigantic. Its like a whole city in there. They hang the biggest american flag i have ever seen on that building.

I'm a Radio Producer. I produce Commercial/Promos and Station Imaging for 3 stations. (a Light AC, a Country and an Oldies station).

I like it...The people are great, the job is creative...steady work, but rarely crazy. It can get pretty hectic around Christmas though when everyone wants last minute advertising.