Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

NHL fashion police?

I don't care if they want to do it or not, but not if it's because a sponsor is behind it. I hate when players where the wrong color tape on their socks though, I make my guys wear clear or the right color.

As for AO being the most marketable, that's nonsense. The guy is uglier than sin, speaks passable English, and plays in a city that can't even sell out their own games. There are a ton of guys more marketable than him, the NHL just sucks at it. I think Iginla and a handful of other guys are much more marketable than AO. That they even attempt to market Crosby is surprising.

In defense of the league, Ovechkin does look like a ragged bum or a hired-in ringer from a beer-league game.

Some of those are just retarded. If I was in the NHL I would be naked rather than wear only RBK clothing before and after game time, keep people the hell out of the locker room all together.

I can't even imagine the response from RBK if the Pens win the cup, "lead" by Sid the Kid. I'm starting to not like him, the camera is always on him despite where the puck is. Every Pens game I've seen is just the announcers talking about him non-stop.

I don't like the RBK wear before and after the game. From a very young age, kids are told to dress up for games...shirt and tie. The NHL, for the most part, is a very well dressed leageue...now they want guys arriving in sweats?

Or is the idea to arrive in suits and change to RBK? Isn't that what they do now...? And what does this mean for UA...they seem to have a pretty good prescense around the rooms I've seen in pregame shots.

most of this stuff sounds like bs to me!!! why would they want to ban the jersey tuck?? as chadd mentioned some of it is a safety concern, but other than that the rest is just retarded.

I don't get it... the NFL allows tinted visors.

The player has to get a medical exception in order to wear a tinted visor in the NFL these days.

I don't like the RBK wear before and after the game. From a very young age, kids are told to dress up for games...shirt and tie. The NHL, for the most part, is a very well dressed leageue...now they want guys arriving in sweats?

Or is the idea to arrive in suits and change to RBK? Isn't that what they do now...? And what does this mean for UA...they seem to have a pretty good prescense around the rooms I've seen in pregame shots.

I'm pretty sure the rule will defined as "if apparel is worn, it must be RBK."

so, no wearing stuff like warrior hats, nike bauer sweatshirts, etc. nothing against normal clothes.

Next step, ban the playoff beard. If not everyone can grow one, then it won't be uniformed across the league.

You can thank patrick kane, nicklas backstrom and phil kessel for that :o

The Devils do have a facial hair rule for the regular season.

I'm pretty sure the rule will defined as "if apparel is worn, it must be RBK."

so, no wearing stuff like warrior hats, nike bauer sweatshirts, etc. nothing against normal clothes.

You'll end up seeing what the Dream Team did in Olympic basketball...throw a towel over the "offending" logo and wear whatever you want.

I guess the hope of having Perron on camera in an MSH hat have died then eh?

Here's an interesting website about the uniform rules and regs for NFL, MLB, and NBA players. It also lists how much players have been fined for their various uniform violations.

UniformViolation.com

I thought I heard Dieon Sanders say he was fined in almost every game he played for either the extra sweat band he wore around his neck, or shoe/towel violations.

Here's an interesting website about the uniform rules and regs for NFL, MLB, and NBA players. It also lists how much players have been fined for their various uniform violations.

UniformViolation.com

dang, they take this uniform stuff serious $1000 for just playing with his pants pocket out, not even talking about unapproved logos. So imagine someone with jersey tuck paying $1000 for it.

The player has to get a medical exception in order to wear a tinted visor in the NFL these days.

These days? It's been since '98 and it's not hard to obtain an exception. Like I said, all you have to do is prove something like mild migraines, which isn't tough in the NFL.

First off, isn't the sweat suit required attire for the olympics?

And I would assume that you arrive in your normal clothes and then change into Rbk gear, but I haven't read too much into it.

These days? It's been since '98 and it's not hard to obtain an exception. Like I said, all you have to do is prove something like mild migraines, which isn't tough in the NFL.

For some of us, 10 years qualifies as "these days".

First off, isn't the sweat suit required attire for the olympics?

And I would assume that you arrive in your normal clothes and then change into Rbk gear, but I haven't read too much into it.

I can't remember specifics...but the Olympics suits were, say, Reebok and the Nike guys threw towels over their shoulders to hide the Reebok logos on TV. Or Vice Versa...can't remember. I'm talking about the branding angle...not the dress suit v. sweat suit argument.

RBK paid to be the official performance gear of the NHL. Getting rid of the UA stuff is exactly what that rule is all about. RBK has been pushing that for a couple years now.

Cutting/unzipping the inner legs is also a safety issue. I always forget the coach that outlawed that practice for his skaters a couple of years back.

It's also against USA Hockey rules

Certainly doesn't stop it. Half my team wore our pants unzipped. The only thing the refs would whine about at the beginning of the season would be the zippers and velcro being a "safety hazard". Easily fixed with tape over the velcro and removal of the zippers. No one tore their pants though. Just those with zippers did this, including myself. I've never been penalized for it, on a state level or national level. Kind of similar to the removal of stickers on a helmet. The majority of teams do this, and it's all over the country. No one will ever, ever call that rule into play, because it is totally ridiculous.

Cutting/unzipping the inner legs is also a safety issue. I always forget the coach that outlawed that practice for his skaters a couple of years back.

Certainly doesn't stop it. Half my team wore our pants unzipped. The only thing the refs would whine about at the beginning of the season would be the zippers and velcro being a "safety hazard". Easily fixed with tape over the velcro and removal of the zippers. No one tore their pants though. Just those with zippers did this, including myself. I've never been penalized for it, on a state level or national level. Kind of similar to the removal of stickers on a helmet. The majority of teams do this, and it's all over the country. No one will ever, ever call that rule into play, because it is totally ridiculous.

It's not called because refs choose what rules they want to enforce, that's what led to USAH having to do the new standard thing a couple yers ago. Like them or not, the rules are what they are. If they're in the book, you should enforce them. To do anything else opens you up to legal liability.

It is enforced by Hockey Canada. I've heard of teams coming over from the US who had to zip up.

I'm starting to not like him, the camera is always on him despite where the puck is. Every Pens game I've seen is just the announcers talking about him non-stop.

Yeah, logic dictates that you not like a person because a network and a league decide to cover him so much. He probably did have a meeting with the director of the broadcast so they could set up an iso cam on him.

This never happens in other sports, I mean the NFL never talks about Tom Brady too much or MLB doesn't blab about A-Rod all the time.... :rolleyes:

All star players have the focus on them, Malkin gets his share as well. Any broadcast is going to talk about the stars far more than the 4th line center. People are so thin skinned these days.

NHL is becoming more and more like the euro leagues. first the sponsoring on the jerseys, and now this. I dont know if there are any other swiss people on MSH, or people that live in switzerland, but here each team signs a contract with a certain equipment company, and each company carries different equipment, one carries The Hockey Company + Busch (independant in switzerland) and Graf. then another carries NBH, Warrior, Torspo and Salming, and finally one carries Easton SWD and franklin and Montreal. Players have to use equipment from these brands or they get fined from the league, I must admit though, what i do like in the Swiss league is everybody with the same helmet, like in the AHL, I think it looks neater.