Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

I just checked out the whole list of improvements from http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?t...=0&tstart=0. It sounds like a lot at first but I only expect it to seem like an incremental change, which is ok. EA had a lot of things right in 2008, so it seems fitting. Anyway,

they really do need to heavily update the equipment. I am excited about being able to change D on the fly without having to change forwards. I

hope there are many more double minors and majors and hope goalies get lots of little injuries, just like in the NHL!

updated gear list (hopefully not the full list of new stuff but this is from what i've seen)

Gloves:

Warrior Franchise gloves

NikeBauer Vapor XXXX Gloves

08 RBK pro gloves

Sticks:

NikeBauer Vapor XXXX

Easton S17

some weird looking all silver Easton stick (could just be the angle and the lighting)

Skates:

Easton S15

NikeBauer One95

NikeBauer Vapor XXXX

New RBK 9k

More to come I guess

SE?

updated gear list (hopefully not the full list of new stuff but this is from what i've seen)

Gloves:

Warrior Franchise gloves

NikeBauer Vapor XXXX Gloves

08 RBK pro gloves

Sticks:

NikeBauer Vapor XXXX

Easton S17

some weird looking all silver Easton stick (could just be the angle and the lighting)

Skates:

Easton S15

NikeBauer One95

NikeBauer Vapor XXXX

New RBK 9k

More to come I guess

SE?

didn't have any colour on the logos, everything was just pure silver but like i said, it wasn't very clear and the way that EA had the lighting going on made it look like it was coated in this white film so it could be an se

I hope they have more equipment than that. At least some Eagle gloves, some Easton gloves, and hopefully they will have the NBH 5500 helmet.

Thats what I'm thinking. How many seasons will I have to play before my guys actually in the show? I can barely make it through one or two seasons per calander year before the new game comes out.. Gotta play 3-4 in the AHL before even making the NHL? Who has that kinda time?

I can barely stand playing one season and once tried to do year two of a dynasty and it was painful. Going off of how it's described, if you can pick what organisation to go into I'm going to go on the lowest-rated one in the game. Then hopefully your guy can be called up that season, then I'll tank it and be dealt to another team.

LT will make you take a swig of water, RT makes you spit, LB will let you tape your stick and RB tightens your skates. :P

That would be pretty funny, if that was the case.

Possibly. I can see the different types of players (sniper, dangler, etc.) having different preset skill sets, then going up depending on how you perform. I just hope that if it's based on a combine-like deal from Madden, I'm quitting right now.

when does nhl 09 come out?

USA - September 9th

UK - September 12th

Taken from the Amazon websites as they have pre-orders up allready.

I just bought a PS3 just for NHL09...oh man, I can't wait. What a difference between the PS2 versions and this, it actually is almost like a real hockey game.

I just bought a PS3 just for NHL09...oh man, I can't wait. What a difference between the PS2 versions and this, it actually is almost like a real hockey game.

I'm going to do the same thing, except I plan on getting a 360. :D