Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

I'm so excited for Be a Pro I've been wanting it for a while I hope it can pronounce the names of draft picks =/. Still look amazing but I wish you could do be a pro in the Russian Elite or at least develop there before your drafted but enought with my bitching, THIS GAME LOOK SWEET !!!!!11!!!!!1 :lol:

I know one person who has a PS3 and about 15 that have 360's.....but I am trying to convince the PS3 guy to get a 360 so I can play him.

Boo. -1 <_<

in that new be-a-pro feature i wonder if you get drafted by a random nhl team and have to work your way up in their system.

I hope you can at least choose what team's system you play in. As a Rangers fan, I would HATE to have to play a few SEASONS as the Devils, Islanders, or especially the Flyers. :(

i know that in previous madden games if you aren't happy with the team that drafts you, you can request a trade. however, if you do this too often, you earn a reputation for having a bad attitude and will have trouble finding teams that want you.

I hope so too. I would like to get brought up through Hamilton (I worked for them last season) and end up playing in the NHL for NYR. That trade is like Madden'08. You can request to be traded, but after a certain part, your reputation turns to ass clown!

I would think that if you can't request a trade, if you don't like the team you get drafted by, you could just not save the game and start over until you get drafted by the team you want. That's what I did in Madden anyway ;) .

"Since NHL 09 features six on and six online leagues and the new be a pro mode, it only makes sense that they combine the two to create the first quality sports MMO Title right? With the EA Sports Hockey League, this holy grail of sports games is about to be achieved. The league allows you and your fellow puckheads to join a team or "guild" in nerdspeak, of up to 50 people and compete for the world championship. As with the be a pro mode, you will create your player, choose his playing style, and start with a basic set of attributes. Then you can set up a team, choosing your name, jerseys, (from the pool of NHL, AHL, and euro league options, along with a few custom jerseys) and invite friends to the squad. Only 6 players from a team can compete in any given game, but you have another 6 players from your team online, they can start a game representing your organization. The competition is broken up by skill based divisions, which you can clib by improving your team's winning percentage. If your club is struggling, relegation is a possibility. After a yet to be determined deadline, EA will take a snapshot of the league standings and select the top teams from the best division to compete in the playoffs for the cup. The winning teams and star players will receive big prizes from EA, which have yet to be revealed"

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-s...e-informer.html

Not mine but comparisons of 2k9 and 09 graphical wise

http://ds-designs.se/images/other/nhl2k9vsnhl09.jpg

here's what I see graphic wise

2K:

+Bigger equipment selection *no contest*

+Facial expressions

+They don't look like idiots when they celebrate

+Faceoffs are looking better than EA's

-All proportions are terrible including equipment, players have gotten better but the goalies look horrendous

-Jersey numbers and letters still look like the ones you see on cheap knockoffs

-Texturing looks off, colours look washed out and I don't think anyone can shoot properly in the position Nash is in

-Milan is skating on his flats, not his edges

-Kipper's head is squashed inside his mask and he looks like Frankenstein

-Massive player shadows

EA:

+Good colour balance

+Better proportions

+More graphically pleasing to the eye

+Vibrant colours

+Better lighting

+Normal maps look great on letters, numbers and textures are well done

-Shoulders on players are too big

-Visors look terrible

-Lesser equipment selection

-Certain places look too 'plastic'

-Goofy celebrations

-Players suffering from "mannequin syndrome"

Here is my break down

EA - Skill Stick

2K - No Skill Stick that is the only reason for me. If they chance the 2k controls to a form EA's then I would buy it in a second.

Here is my break down

EA - Skill Stick

2K - No Skill Stick that is the only reason for me. If they chance the 2k controls to a form EA's then I would buy it in a second.

2k had 4- way "skill stick" in 2k7.

Not mine but comparisons of 2k9 and 09 graphical wise

http://ds-designs.se/images/other/nhl2k9vsnhl09.jpg

here's what I see graphic wise

2K:

+Bigger equipment selection *no contest*

+Facial expressions

+They don't look like idiots when they celebrate

+Faceoffs are looking better than EA's

-All proportions are terrible including equipment, players have gotten better but the goalies look horrendous

-Jersey numbers and letters still look like the ones you see on cheap knockoffs

-Texturing looks off, colours look washed out and I don't think anyone can shoot properly in the position Nash is in

-Milan is skating on his flats, not his edges

-Kipper's head is squashed inside his mask and he looks like Frankenstein

-Massive player shadows

EA:

+Good colour balance

+Better proportions

+More graphically pleasing to the eye

+Vibrant colours

+Better lighting

+Normal maps look great on letters, numbers and textures are well done

-Shoulders on players are too big

-Visors look terrible

-Lesser equipment selection

-Certain places look too 'plastic'

-Goofy celebrations

-Players suffering from "mannequin syndrome"

Agreed.

Definitely looks like things such as stick tape are pictures in 2k, out of place and the wrong shadowing. Players definitely don't look quite as life-like.

EA has them beat for graphics hands down, but as far as physics, gameplay and realism go, who knows.

Definitely looks like things such as stick tape are pictures in 2k, out of place and the wrong shadowing. Players definitely don't look quite as life-like.

EA has them beat for graphics hands down, but as far as physics, gameplay and realism go, who knows.

i'm counting on the euphoria physics in 09 to not let me down

so far in those videos from gamespot they seem to deliver.. players react better to getting hit into the boards, finally!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nhl...;om_clk=topslot

There's the link for Q&A with one of the producers regarding the EA Sports Hockey League. Sounds awesome!

What "class" are you guys going to be?

Forwards: dangler, grinder, playmaker, power forward, sniper

Defensemen: defensive defenseman, offensive defenseman

Goalie: stand up, hybrid, butterfly

I was being sarcastic, but with you and I on the same squad playing realistically we would have a difficult time with two forwards that view the defensive side of the red line as a foreign country.

I was being sarcastic, but with you and I on the same squad playing realistically we would have a difficult time with two forwards that view the defensive side of the red line as a foreign country.

Hey, I backchecked last game...I was even on the PK. It was amazing.