Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

Is toe dragging and then shooting top corner far post considered glitching? This is a real effective way to score but my bro complans to me and tells me this is called a curve shot or something and is a glitch. It seems legit to me as NHL players do it all the time

the only time i complain about stuff not being legit is when someone uses it as their only means of scoring. if someone does it only like once and is trying other ways of scoring then i dont have a problem with it

the only time i complain about stuff not being legit is when someone uses it as their only means of scoring. if someone does it only like once and is trying other ways of scoring then i dont have a problem with it

same for me, guys that use glitches use em all the time, they usualy cant play that well, they just know how to do that and thats all they do over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over...

what i fail to understand is how someone can have fun doing that...

Hold down the left trigger (on 360) and he won't hit the defenseman. When you hold the trigger not only does it keep you facing the puck, but it makes the right stick only work for shooting commands. It's really useful for trying to get rebounds, because you can slam on the right stick to shoot and you won't touch anybody.

Legend, cheers! :)

Try practice mode and mess around doing some stuff whilst holding down that left trigger or the L2 button on ps3. Thats how you do the 360 deke, and if you hold it down and start a deke then let it go and finish your deke you can do some pretty cool stuff for examlpe:

Hold it down and skate in to the net, move so that your guy starts to 360, then let go the triger and your guy will kinda 'back in' on the goalie like Martin St. Louis did to Fleury once in a shootout. Its pretty cool some of the stuff..

when you play be a pro mode is it possible to make the all star team?

I dont think so, i put it on beginner and played a few seasons getting 200+ points each season, never made it. My overall skills are now 89 (sniper) and i play on allstar, still.. no all star games.

I've never not made the All-Star game. I'm usually a fourth liner even though I'm leading the league in points. I just got moved up to the second line this last time, but still no PP or PK time...

Had it for two weeks, just made the MN Wild last night. I actually got a bit nervous before the game about getting sent down!

I do have a list of complaints though:

1. I had to make my guy a couple inches taller to use the next flex up and that boosted the stats way more. Maybe "too" realistic. But the whip flex is always useless...so why have it in there?

2. Taking penalties way too easily, even if they are rare for everyone else.

3. Lines aren't well made...Serge Payer was the top line center and literally lost every single draw except maybe 5 out of the 200+ he took. No way to fix that.

3. Lines aren't well made...Serge Payer was the top line center and literally lost every single draw except maybe 5 out of the 200+ he took. No way to fix that.

Agreed. Chemistry or some sort of more active team role would be killer. The coaches would listen to you more as you progress from rookie to veteran and so on, making it more likely to be A or C if you make choices or suggestions that work better.

I can't wait for 10, but at the same time I'm afraid it's just going to be 09 with a few tweaks.

i'm pretty sure that's what it will be, just another game with tweaks

The EA philosophy, just improve what's there...people will still buy it anyway. People were all boned up over BAP and then pffft.