Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nhl...;om_clk=topslot

Finally. I knew it was gonna be right after the finals.

All new Be-A-Pro Mode. Lace em up, sign with an AHL team and work your way up to the big show. Pick from grinder, speedy skater, sniper etc; and you're expected to play your role. Snipers are expected to snipe, if you're a checking d-man, you're expected to lay people out and shut down the top players.

If coach doesn't like how you're playing, YOU CAN GET BENCHED.

You gotta work your way up to the NHL and if you're not good enough it's gonna be a while before you get in. If you are in and you aren't playing like you're supposed to, expect to get traded.

Other key points:

-Added one-hand deke moves to skill stick

-Create-a-play extended to the full length of the ice

-Lift attacker's sticks

-Full skill stick on d, be able to actually swing your stick around and block passes

-6-on-6 Online play

NOW I can't wait.

Hope create-a-team is back. I wonder what the mystery feature will be?

I always wondered why they didn't do the skill stick on D and just using the left trigger plus right analog to check. Probably so you can buy this year's edition. :P

You can choose goalie as a position, pretty interesting.

You can do that in NHL 08

As far as the game goes it looks sweet. As a true MSHer, i hope they actually have updated equipment :lol:

As far as the game goes it looks sweet. As a true MSHer, i hope they actually have updated equipment :lol:

I think he's talking about Be-A-Pro mode

I think he's talking about Be-A-Pro mode

Oh my bad. That would be pretty tough at first, but then you would get good at it and i bet it would be really fun

yeah, i go to create myself last year, and much to my chagrin, NHL 08 was lacking in:

NBH supreme90 gloves

Vapor XXXX skates

One90 stick.

sigh. maybe this year.

its needs the custom equipment that 2k has and the fantasy draft ill end up getting both cause im weird like that..

+1 on the equip. NHL08 had options, but was pretty limited.... The EA franchise always looks flat-out amazing, but the game play itself is pretty bland. The Be-a-Pro mode sounds really cool. Anyone play any of the FIFA EA games to give a little feedback on it?

Can the game be played without using the skill stick (i.e. change the setup to a more traditional controller setting)? I rented 08 and played it briefly, but the whole skill stick thing has made the game too complicated for me, I feel the same way about Madden, just way too many things to try to control.