Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperMan3

Fav-Re? to the Jets

And the season just got worse for the Bills. I figured they'd split with the Jets (and maybe even sweep 'em).

I heard they wanted a pick and a player from Tampa (Greise)...they take a Cond. pick from NYJ....WTH?

It's a nice pick up for the Jets, this is someone who can mentor Kellen Clemens into actually not sucking. It's bittersweet because now Pennington will be gone, and my jersey will be obsolete =(

But this year, I think Favre will lead the Jets to the playoffs, but we're not going to win the division. I think at most this season, we will get last wild card spot. But hopefully we can run the table with the Patriots this year.

And the season just got worse for the Bills. I figured they'd split with the Jets (and maybe even sweep 'em).

I heard they wanted a pick and a player from Tampa (Greise)...they take a Cond. pick from NYJ....WTH?

Packers play Tampa this year, they didn't want him going there at all.

why doesnt he jus retire?!

i think this season will prolly be his last, but only he knows i guess...

The Jets are looking for Favre to be the face of this team until past 2010.

i think this season will prolly be his last, but only he knows i guess...

He already did that once this year

Hopefully we won't have to hear about him anymore now.

In the largest media market in the country and playing the Patriots twice a year? No way this dies down.

I have been over this issue with Favre for three years now. Any respect that I have had for him is long gone not only as a player but as a person.

That conditional will most likely be a third rounder, Favre would have to be in for 50% of the Jets offensive plays this season for that condition, per ESPN.com. That isn't a bad pickup for a guy you don't want anymore and being able to ship him out of the conference.

That conditional will most likely be a third rounder, Favre would have to be in for 50% of the Jets offensive plays this season for that condition, per ESPN.com. That isn't a bad pickup for a guy you don't want anymore and being able to ship him out of the conference.

Packers are hoping that he retires after this season, because we all know that the NFL will schedule the Jets in Green Bay next year. I would guess a monday night game unless both teams suck this year.

Packers are hoping that he retires after this season, because we all know that the NFL will schedule the Jets in Green Bay next year. I would guess a monday night game unless both teams suck this year.

Won't happen. We played the AFC East in 2006. 2009, we play the AFC South.

As a die hard Packer fan, I'm glad the distraction is gone. Favre did amazing things in Green Bay, but he torched that bridge. I've been saying for the 3 years, Rodgers needs to be played. He's a much better quarterback than people give him credit for. Hell, he almost made the comeback against Dallas after Bretty threw it in the trash. McCarthy has won my undying respect sticking with Rodgers.

I'm getting a "12 >> 4" tattoo.

Even if both teams do suck, they would probably schedule it. Most of the Monday Night Football games are usually lame match ups anyway.

As sick and tired I am of this story, I still hope Favre does well with the Jets.

The Packers front office has to be the biggest collection of morons outside of MLSE.

Has anybody come up with an explanation as to why exactly they didn't want him back? As far as I see it, there are only two possible reasons:

1. They think Aaron Rodgers is better than Brett Favre.

2. Some other BS that involves a combination of emotions, hurt feelings, and a whole bunch of other things not related to putting the best possible team on the football field.

The NFC is wide open this year, GB had a chance with Favre to easily be among the two or three top teams favored to make the Super Bowl, and then once you are there, as we saw last year, anything can happen. Now the Packers have shipped off a NFL legend and a team icon for basically nothing, they've completely fucked the duck in their handling of the whole situation highlighted by trying to pay him off $25 million just to not play, and when the dust settles they are left with a team that is indisputably worse than when they started. Brett Favre ends up on an AFC team with just about zero chance of winning a championship, fewer offensive weapons around him, and an overall much worse situation than he was in last year.

As soon as Favre said he wanted to play again, the Packer front-office should have welcomed him back with open arms and thanked their lucky stars that they just got back the runner-up to the MVP award last season.

Won't happen. We played the AFC East in 2006. 2009, we play the AFC South.

As a die hard Packer fan, I'm glad the distraction is gone. Favre did amazing things in Green Bay, but he torched that bridge. I've been saying for the 3 years, Rodgers needs to be played. He's a much better quarterback than people give him credit for. Hell, he almost made the comeback against Dallas after Bretty threw it in the trash. McCarthy has won my undying respect sticking with Rodgers.

I'm getting a "12 >> 4" tattoo.

I am also a die hard Packer fan. The distraction is gone, but we no longer have one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history. Rodgers was great against Dallas and i am hoping that it is a sign of things to come.

On a side note what is the bridge in green bay gonna say now? It used to say "from brett to donald were in the drivers seat". from aaron to donald just doesn't have the same ring to it.

i really hope aaron rodgers does well this year

+1 I agree completely. The packers are the team I turn to after week one when the lions season is mathematically over.

Why should he? This is a guy who was runner-up for the NFL MVP last year (though it wasn't close), so somehow I don't believe playing flag football at the company picnic is going to assuage the competitive juices.

I don't think that they consider Rodgers better than Favre, rather they want to find out what they have in Rodgers.

Why would 'you want to see what you have' though when what you already had gives you a very very good shot at the Super Bowl? If the Packers were a middle of the road AFC team, then it's a different story, they aren't getting by the Pats, Colts, and Chargers anyways....but in a wide open NFC with a strong team I have no idea why they would willingly downgrade themselves at the game's most important position.

Rodgers is in an impossible spot here. I hope he has a great season, but I'd be shocked if he is in the top half of the quaterbacks in the league this year.

Why should he? This is a guy who was runner-up for the NFL MVP last year (though it wasn't close), so somehow I don't believe playing flag football at the company picnic is going to assuage the competitive juices.

Maybe he should of thought about that before he retired. He had three years to nail down the thought process of retirement and he still failed at it. As far as I'm concerned I'm very happy that Green Bay isn't taking Favre back and is moving on for the better or worse with Rodgers. Now I get to watch Brady & Co. steam roll the Jets, so I guess at least something good did come out of this.

I don't think that they consider Rodgers better than Favre, rather they want to find out what they have in Rodgers.

Why would 'you want to see what you have' though when what you already had gives you a very very good shot at the Super Bowl? If the Packers were a middle of the road AFC team, then it's a different story, they aren't getting by the Pats, Colts, and Chargers anyways....but in a wide open NFC with a strong team I have no idea why they would willingly downgrade themselves at the game's most important position.

Rodgers is in an impossible spot here. I hope he has a great season, but I'd be shocked if he is in the top half of the quaterbacks in the league this year.

In a season where the Packers are in a rebuilding mode, it makes sense not to have your quarterback of the future rotting on the sidelines. They need to see Rodgers in some real NFL games so they can find out what it is they've really got.

Maybe he should of thought about that before he retired. He had three years to nail down the thought process of retirement and he still failed at it. As far as I'm concerned I'm very happy that Green Bay isn't taking Favre back and is moving on for the better or worse with Rodgers. Now I get to watch Brady & Co. steam roll the Jets, so I guess at least something good did come out of this.

Don't be so sure, Favre has had some fun against the Pats.