Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeystud11

Unbreakable Laces

i suppose you could wax your own laces with a heat gun / hair dryer and some easton stick wax, pina colada of course.

i'd probably try a pair of these if we had them in stock, not gonna order them from TX though.

anyone know what they go for?

Looks like the "real" company just signed up. Nothing better than a bait and switch thread...send the plant, gets blasted, they come in to save the day and deny it all.

Looks like the "real" company just signed up. Nothing better than a bait and switch thread...send the plant, gets blasted, they come in to save the day and deny it all.

is that something that has only occurred AB? Or has that always happened?

Yes the official post....I saw that there were quite a few people coming from a link over to our site so I thought I'd check it out. I'm not going to talk up our product. Although we are getting trashed a little but thats fine, everything you bring up only helps us in the long run. I do however like the site, though.

I will say one thing, the hckystud doesn't work for me, all of our test laces went out to players in Texas so it would make sense for him to see them in Texas.

I'm a fan of the Boston Creme Pie smell so if there is enough demand for that I'd be willing to look in to it.

I'm sure you have a great product, I just don't think that it is feasible for a store to stock it - as a storeowner you want to have repeat business with a high-profit margin item like laces.

If I miss some let me know.

The wax is not specifically guaranteed because it was impossible for us to find a perfect solution, although we did try to get the highest quality wax we could get and put more on it than standard waxed laces have. If there is a problem with the wax going out we will decide on replacing them on a case by case basis.

The reason we had to limit the warranty to a one replacement per purchase is because during our testing some of the testers would bring back laces saying they broke when what they did was sit there with a knife intentionally trying to break them knowing they could just get another pair. And again there are special circumstances and we will try to rectify them.

We use a mix of Kevlar for its strength and toughness and Strong-Pulling-Nylon that gave us a good amount of abrasion resistance.

We do have metal tips and so far we have yet to pop one off, but if it does happen it will fall under the warranty.

We are not a huge corporation, our goal was just to make a quality product in a segment of hockey equipment that lacks great alternatives. Yes we might not sell a lot of these to pro-shops but maybe by having this quality product get out into some players hands when we decide to create other products our brand name will have quality associated to it.

by any chance has the laces been introduced at the semi pro/pro levels? College level?

my beefs is that the marketing lists the laces as unbreakable. To me as a consumer, the durability claim on the product is hard to believe without any empirical data to support it.

a simple side by side tension test showing the breaking point of this lace and regular laces may suffice.

I would also be concerned with elongation of the lace under load. Stock laces that are sold on my laces seem to have at least 1/2" elongation per 2" section just does not cut it. The elite laces that i have used shows maybe an 1/8' per 2 inch section. The Grafs that I am currently using may even show a bit less than that. Do you have any data like this that can support the case for the product?

If that information is there great, that may help sell the product.

We have had some junior players wearing them as well as some ex-pros during testing. Right now we have started talks with a few equipment managers about outfitting entire teams though.

As far as tension tests go, We have the individual breakdowns.

Kevlar - 23 g/d roughly 1150 kg/meter pull strength

Strong Pulling Nylon - 8 g/ roughly 400 kg/meter pull strength

Cotton Laces- 3-4 g/d on average 100 kg/meter pull strength

As far as elongation data we do not have any at this time but it is a great idea and we will work on getting some together

Thanks

So the original poster was so curious about these new laces everybody in Texas is wearing, and was so impressed with the website he somehow found that he joined this site to post about it? Yeah, sounds legit.

Eitherway, maybe we should give this bloke (UnbreakableHockey) the benefit of the doubt. Afterall he could turn out to be another Keith from Sprung. I know allot of people were skeptical of that product to begin with. ;)

Sounds like a bait and switch to me as well. I am in Texas, and deal with players from all over Texas, and have not seen nor heard of them. Whatever...

When my laces break, it is not tensil strength issues that cause it, nor might prevent it. It is an abrasion that worsens over time from repeat abrasions. Like a earlier post stated, the eyelits eat them. In ice the all have broken due to getting cut from skate blades.

I think an earlier post also eluded to the type of damage these would cause our hands when tightening. I get my hands torn up from tightening with some laces, and I imagine these would do great damage...maybe...?!?