Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2008-09 Gear Sightings

Nothing too surprising, but last night Iggy was back in a 4500 bucket, U+ skates, and was using an SE with the regular old graphics.

he seems to do what ever he wants when it comes to wearing equipment

I assumed that when the poster was in Alaska and said the skate owner was well known. Pretty small sample size to choose from.

yeah, I figured it would be easily assumed when i posted it, but I wasnt sure if it was some prototype deal or something. they were some sick skates though.

Haha not anymore. The only thing he will be wearing is a cast from now on ;)

HAHAHAHAHA dont we all love a good joke about injuries ;)

Looks like the holes decrease in size as they go down the shaft. I guess that's supposed to correct the high kick the 9k had.

Looks like the holes decrease in size as they go down the shaft. I guess that's supposed to correct the high kick the 9k had.

I would think the opposite. Larger spanning double arches would provide less strength, wouldn't they? I thought having smaller holes would cause the lower portion of the stick to be more rigid, and thus flex less. I would assume the purpose of the smaller holes would be to focus flex in a specific area on the shaft between the larger and smaller holes or to address the breakage issue the 9k's were having.

Yes, when the area up the shaft is more flexible it should focus the kick at the stiffer portion, which as you said is at the bottom of the shaft.

I dont know if this has been mentioned but Im watching the Flames game and noticed Phaneuf is using a warrior stick now... not sure which one

He's got just the strip along the face, and most likely the back....must be a gram whore like the rest of us :D