Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009 Washington Capitals thread

I heard a distant rumor from the grapevine that he might be out for a couple more months, I was specifically told possibly "the rest of the season".

On another note, OV better come back for the second period!

Congrats...

Alzner-first NHL point, assisted Brashear's tally...

Brashear-first GWG in a Capitals' uniform

Johnson-first win against the Islanders.

Congrats boys! Very unselfish by Ovechkin dishing it to Backy for the EN. Class act.

Congrats...

Alzner-first NHL point, assisted Brashear's tally...

Brashear-first GWG in a Capitals' uniform

Johnson-first win against the Islanders.

Congrats boys! Very unselfish by Ovechkin dishing it to Backy for the EN. Class act.

The isles were the only eastern conference team Boudreau hadn't beat, so that's another notch in the hat.

I heard a distant rumor from the grapevine that he might be out for a couple more months, I was specifically told possibly "the rest of the season".

Can you elaborate? I heard he was skating just not good enough to go. I'd assume anything season ending he would already be on LTIR to save the Caps cap space since we desperately need it.

Also, apparently Ovie's problem was a glove equipment problem.

As to the goal off the ref's foot why was that disallowed? Not that I am complaining cuz I was happy when I was eating my dollar hot dogs that it was no goal. But I know in just about every other sport the Ref is considered part of the field of play.

Can you elaborate? I heard he was skating just not good enough to go. I'd assume anything season ending he would already be on LTIR to save the Caps cap space since we desperately need it.

Also, apparently Ovie's problem was a glove equipment problem.

As to the goal off the ref's foot why was that disallowed? Not that I am complaining cuz I was happy when I was eating my dollar hot dogs that it was no goal. But I know in just about every other sport the Ref is considered part of the field of play.

Semin said in an interview recently that he is not close to coming back. He is skating, but not shooting.

The disallowed goal, if a puck goes in off an official, it is not allowed per the rules.

Comcast sports net showed Ovey wincing and favoring his left arm going down the to the locker, so I think it was more than a glove issue, that may be what they are saying today, since they have back to backs and don't want his shoulder targeted by the leafs or canes.

Also, anyone notice Kozlov was using Easton instead of warrior sticks last night?

78.5 Disallowed Goals – Apparent goals shall be disallowed by the Referee and the appropriate announcement made by the Public Address Announcer for the following reasons:

(i) When the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick.

(ii) When the puck has been kicked using a distinct kicking motion.

(iii) When the puck has deflected directly into the net off an official.

Kozlov has been using an S17 since at least the beginning of the year hasn't he? I though he permanently left warrior at the start of 07-08 when he was shaky with that horrendous gold Warrior twig...?

Kozlov has been using an S17 since at least the beginning of the year hasn't he? I though he permanently left warrior at the start of 07-08 when he was shaky with that horrendous gold Warrior twig...?

Yup Viktor has been rocking the S17 all year. I'd love to pick one of those up at the team sale ... his Warrior has a sick curve.

78.5 Disallowed Goals – Apparent goals shall be disallowed by the Referee and the appropriate announcement made by the Public Address Announcer for the following reasons:

(i) When the puck has been directed, batted or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick.

(ii) When the puck has been kicked using a distinct kicking motion.

(iii) When the puck has deflected directly into the net off an official.

Thanks I never knew that.

Maybe Semin will be back soon??

He’s been skating and when we chatted with Boudreau on Wednesday, he hoped Semin would be ready to return as early as Saturday’s game against Toronto.

“We have our fingers crossed,” Boudreau said. “It’s got to be tremendously frustrating. He’s leading the league in scoring, getting publicity he’s never had before and it’s an injury that you keep thinking is going to get better. It’s just not getting better.”

Comcast Sports Net and Lisa Hillary did a piece on him last night, had video of him skating, shooting, and passing at a recent practice. I was at the bar so I had no idea what they were talking about but it was great to see him skating around and dangling.

The Washington Capitals have recalled Sean Collins from the Hershey Bears.

25 y/o defenseman from Ohio State University, should be fun for him and Steckel to play together.

Comcast Sports Net and Lisa Hillary did a piece on him last night, had video of him skating, shooting, and passing at a recent practice. I was at the bar so I had no idea what they were talking about but it was great to see him skating around and dangling.

She was saying he should suck it up and play through whatever injury he has, since he can practice.

I guess she didn't see fedorov try to suck it up earlier and come back too soon

Any word on Fehr's injury he looked like he was shot he was in so much pain on the bench.

What is the record for most injured people on a team cuz we have to be getting close.

Any word on Fehr's injury he looked like he was shot he was in so much pain on the bench.

What is the record for most injured people on a team cuz we have to be getting close.

Semin now on long term injured reserve.

Fehr looks to be out because the caps have recalled giroux for tonights game against the canes.

Injuries are now

Defense

Poti

Green

Schultz

Erskine

Sloan

Pothier

Forwards

Fehr

Semin

Fedorov

Clark

I haven't heard anything since the game, but as an amateur doctor it looked like a separated shoulder.

I haven't heard anything since the game, but as an amateur doctor it looked like a separated shoulder.

I kinda thought the same thing. The injuries really are getting ridiculous now. They practically have a whole new team!!

Major bummer that Semin's out for a while. Didn't he get injured last year too?

Yeah I assumed Fehr separated his shoulder. Isn't a separated shoulder one of those things its either pop it back in aka easy or if its really messed up surgery is needed?

Don't understand why the Caps didn't bring Osala up. He's been doing great in Hershey.

Yeah I assumed Fehr separated his shoulder. Isn't a separated shoulder one of those things its either pop it back in aka easy or if its really messed up surgery is needed?

Don't understand why the Caps didn't bring Osala up. He's been doing great in Hershey.

I remember when Mitchell from the Leafs had a shoulder separation earlier this year they were talking about different levels of separation. I think there are five, but I could be wrong. The severity of the separation would dictate if there needs to be surgery or not. One of my good buddies had a really bad shoulder and it would pop out all the time when he played baseball. He would pop it back in and keep playing. So I think it really just depends on how bad it is, and if the player can deal with the pain.