Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009 Washington Capitals thread

I think that even with all those players out tonight, as long as you guys have Ovy on the ice...anything can happen. And my habs won't have Tanguay or Kovalev (supposely), Komisarek...and it will be Halak in nets instead of Price...should be an interesting game!

Alzner shouldn't see the AHL again

I saw some Habs who should!!!! Cripes. Good game by your crew though. I thought Montreal was turning the corner in the 2nd Period...sadly, I was mistaken.

Fun fact from capitals.nhl.com....

It was Theodore’s second shutout in this building. The first was a 1-0 win over Washington on Dec. 13, 1999 while he was with the Canadiens. That game was such a walk in the park for Theodore that he needed to make only 19 stops and was not named as one of the game’s three stars afterwards.

Congrats to Coach Bruce!

"The victory was Washington coach Bruce Boudreau's 50th since he took over the team on Thanksgiving Day 2007, tying him for sixth place among Capitals. He reached 50 wins in 84 games, the fastest to the mark in team history" tsn.ca/nhl.

I will be there Friday for the game. It's the one time that my youth teams will be in town when the caps are so I will have some of the families from both teams. Hopefully the caps will have a couple healthy bodies for the game as they are going to need it

Gets worse, Brooks Laich had to practice D today as the caps are so close to the cap they can't bring anyone else up and poti hurt his groin last night.

So, poti, green, erskine, schultz on D, Clark, Semin, Fedorov, Gordon up front all out, if the caps can pull out a win tomorrow it will close to a miracle

This might be the first time I've heard someone lament Poti being out since his BU days.

I hope Alzner stays. I was working for most of the game, but i did see he logged over 22 minutes of ice time. He should be great.

He's played rock solid since the call-up, however the Caps are going to need to either do some cap space vodoo or dump some salary via a trade *cough*nylander*cough*.

I will be there Friday for the game. It's the one time that my youth teams will be in town when the caps are so I will have some of the families from both teams. Hopefully the caps will have a couple healthy bodies for the game as they are going to need it

Gets worse, Brooks Laich had to practice D today as the caps are so close to the cap they can't bring anyone else up and poti hurt his groin last night.

So, poti, green, erskine, schultz on D, Clark, Semin, Fedorov, Gordon up front all out, if the caps can pull out a win tomorrow it will close to a miracle

This might be the first time I've heard someone lament Poti being out since his BU days.

When they signed him I would have completely agreed, however, he has become a pretty dependable d-man, not something I ever associated with him :lol: , and apparently is great for the younger guys in the locker room and at practice.

On a side note, pretty good gameplan for tonight.

Going to one of the guys we play hockey with, poker night, and caps game on the 60 inch screen. Got a sixer of leffe blond to go, nice evening all round

Other than the arena, anyone know where we can catch this non televised game? I assume there will still be cameras recording the game, anyone know of a website?

Oh how I hate being a poor student. Wish tonight was a rush game, I'd definitely be going. I'll just nab the updates from capitals.nhl.com, but thanks!

Yeah I just found out today my Gf's parents (STH's) don't want to go tonight thats why I am going.

1500AM is the radio broadcast.

urgh. why does it seem lately the caps heart isnt in it till the 3rd? Granted i was unable to see the game, but trying to come back 4-0 in the 3rd is no good strategy. The caps better be healthy when i see em on the 16th

Was at this game sitting in a suite, sweet.

They went up 1-0 with a ppg in the first. Backy's centering feed bounced off a defender and in. You could say it was lucky but OV was sitting on the far post with nothing but net in front of him so I'd say there was a pretty good chance it was gonna hit twine.

The tying goal was legitimate (as in no unlucky bounces), though Alzner did miss a poke check I think he played it well.

Their 2nd goal was infuriating to the max. On a PK Stecks had possession along the boards about hash marks deep facing toward the end boards. He tries to pass the puck across the net instead of behind it, resulting in the pass going off Laich's skates and through Theo's 5er. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! This was a real back breaker.

Toward the end of the 2nd and probably up until the caps started their comeback in the 3rd, you could hear some boo-birds flying. Fickle fans really annoy me. I can't stand fans that boo their own team. The atmosphere was great as they scored two within a few minutes, the place was rocking despite some of the "fans" leaving with 10+ minutes of game clock remaining.

As a committed season ticket holder, I'll support my boys through thick or thin. I enjoyed watching it despite the outcome. I liked the way Helmer played, thought Alzner did a good job (can't expect a D-man to make every play every time). Flash really seems to be a puck magnet, which I'm loving because he's bearing his colors as a real offensive threat.

p.s.- I just starting posting on MSH and would love to get plugged into the DC-Metro MSH community. I play in a beer league out in Ashburn VA and go to pickups atleast 2 times a week at various rinks. Hit me up.

I play in a beer league out in Ashburn VA and go to pickups atleast 2 times a week at various rinks. Hit me up.

Me too. I sub in occasionally, have you heard of the Lower Cases?

I heard of them. Someone told me to watch out for this guy who lifts the puck above your head to score empty netters.

p.s.- interpathway is a wanna-be friend. He scored a sweet ass empty netter a week ago in the game where he got the assist for my GWG and season first. Not bad for a "sub". Intersubway!

be thankful that game wasn't televised. What a lack of effort and poor performance. It seems the Caps were just a split second off on all their passes, nothing was tape to tape.

Anderson made some big saves when necessary. The most frustrating part was watching the Caps almost effortlessly score 2 more goals to keep it close ... if you could do that in about 5 mins why not skate hard the whole game and you would've easily beaten the Panthers who were without Zednik, Stillman, Booth and others.

I know we are very injured but I really believe the Caps put no effort in last night, they brought their away game home ... it was like a Hanlon game.

But I will say I am very impressed with Bouwmester. He was out there just about every shift with Ovechkin and is amazing defenseman. If the Panthers want to get rid of him since they cannot re-sign him they can have Nylander in a heart beat.

Was at this game sitting in a suite, sweet.

They went up 1-0 with a ppg in the first. Backy's centering feed bounced off a defender and in. You could say it was lucky but OV was sitting on the far post with nothing but net in front of him so I'd say there was a pretty good chance it was gonna hit twine.

The tying goal was legitimate (as in no unlucky bounces), though Alzner did miss a poke check I think he played it well.

Their 2nd goal was infuriating to the max. On a PK Stecks had possession along the boards about hash marks deep facing toward the end boards. He tries to pass the puck across the net instead of behind it, resulting in the pass going off Laich's skates and through Theo's 5er. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! This was a real back breaker.

Alzner was out of position along the boards before that play. He had several chances to dump it for the change but tried to get too fancy. Had he and several other Caps made the simple smart play it would've never been close.

And the goal went off of Alzner's skate not Laich from Stecks.

This thread has been neglected a little for the past day or two :(. Caps need a nice rebound win at home tonight, no more shootout losses to the Isles please. Anyone know who is starting in net for the NYI?

Any insiders/locals have info on Semin? It seems like every other day they say "just a few more days" until he's back. Is his injury something major that they are trying to play down?

Between Semin and Briere my fantasy team is getting killed...

This thread has been neglected a little for the past day or two :(. Caps need a nice rebound win at home tonight, no more shootout losses to the Isles please. Anyone know who is starting in net for the NYI?

McDonald (is that his name?)

As for the caps, Fedorov practiced full speed on the top line yesterday making folks think he would be a go tonight.

But he is out.

They reassigned Mink, and called up Aucoin (who is the AHL's top scorer this season to date)

Kozlov has been bumped to the 2nd line and Nylander is playing top line right wing.

So, here are the lineups for the caps tonight...

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Nylander

Fleischmann-Aucoin-Kozlov

Laich-Gordon-Fehr

Brashear-Steckel-Bradley

However, Boudreau said this about it...

"I just wanted to see how he felt," Boudreau said of moving Nylander. "It could last one shift or it might not even start that way."

Asked for his reasoning behind the switch (or experiment, depending on what happens tonight) Boudreau said: "I've got my reasons. But I'm not telling you."

Got this info from Tarik

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/

So, how's that for an update.

I'll be down in the bedroom, putting away my laundry (If I do it on a non game night, I put it away when the game comes on). I will have, as always, my main hockey buddy, my little beagle mix alfie, who will make himself at home on a pillow, and watch the game with me, then use my leg as a pillow when the laundry is away. Good times for me and my happy little buddy.