Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009 Washington Capitals thread

I'm not a doctor...

I think separated shoulders can be bad if ligaments/tendons are stretched. Once that happens its tough to make a full recovery. That's from what I know.

Don't understand why the Caps didn't bring Osala up. He's been doing great in Hershey.

Because Giroux not only has NHL experience and a wealth of AHL experience (NHL goal scorer), but he is currently leading the AHL in scoring.

Really I am more suprised that the Bears still continue to win though all this

I believe they won their 11th straight tonight, franchise record. Oscar Osala has to be carrying such a tremendous load right now without Aucoin and Giroux up front.

Sami Lepisto on his way back to hershey, which means Green is likely going to go on wednesday.

In other news, after the horrible game he had last night, that must feel like a demotion (which it is, but because of injury) based on play not bodies.

Hopefully he plays well down below and gets another chance this year again

was impressed with Giroux's performance against the Canes, couldnt tell that he wasn't a regualr in the NHL, what happened to Green, i thought i was missing something.

was impressed with Giroux's performance against the Canes, couldnt tell that he wasn't a regualr in the NHL, what happened to Green, i thought i was missing something.

Yeah I thought he played well, especially around the boards working the cycle.

Green was out for a shoulder injury probably resulting from the pronger hit resulting from the game vs the ducks. I saw him in the lobby during the game against the islanders. He looked in good spirits as he was mackin on some smoking hot blond.

against the boards, and especially behind the net is where i noticed him the most, that and coming into thier zone.

Oscar Osala was just named the AHL's rookie of the month, in only his third month playing professional hockey.

"Osala, 20, scored 10 goals in 14 games during the month of November, helping the BEARS to the top point total in the American Hockey League entering December. He notched his first AHL hat trick November 15 against the Philadelphia Phantoms. Osala also enjoyed two different two-goal games during the month, scoring twice against the Phantoms on November 2 and two against the Binghamton Senators on November 26."

Giroux got pulled up first but Osala's gotta be next on the list if the injury trend continues.

Giroux got pulled up first but Osala's gotta be next on the list if the injury trend continues.

Keith Aucoin was actually the first called up. He was having a hell of a year in PA.

Sami Lepisto on his way back to hershey

I don't mind seeing Lepisto QBing the power play, but after his behind the net giveaway in the Islanders' game (resulting in a bang bang goal) and being out-muscled behind the net in the Hurricanes' game (resulting in the GWG), perhaps an extra stint in Hershey will help him regain confidence.

poti, semin, green, fehr and sloan are all participating fully in this mornings practice, so may have reinforcements coming for the bruins game.

Clark skated before practice and should get his cast of in the next day or two.

If the caps can get healthy now, they should be able to pull away in the SE, but if you hear Boudreau talk about first place, he refers to it only in the instance of the eastern conference, thats where he wants to be first

Good to hear the boys are starting to get healthy considering we have to play the Bruins in 24 hours. It'll be a great 2 points to pick up at home, that is for sure.

Flash not on the ice?? Yikes, I haven't heard any mention of this. Any idea of where his ailment originated?

edit: From capitals.nhl.com...

The Caps’ overall team health is expected to improve just a bit in time for Boston’s visit. It’s possible that defensemen Mike Green and Tyler Sloan and perhaps forward Alexander Semin could return to the lineup for Wednesday’s game.

Not sure, Tarik said he spotted him limping and with taped ankle for the past few games

here is some more

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsi...ate_8.html#more

Alexander Semin and Tom Poti are possibilities. Coach Bruce Boudreau said both players will take the pregame warm-up before deciding whether to play or not.

If Poti decides he can't go, and the Caps don't recall an insurance policy in the coming hours, that would leave them with only five defenseman. That right there tells me Poti is pretty sure he can play

Tarik has some good stuff on his blog, about osala, the injuries etc