Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009 Washington Capitals thread

Caps v Kings tonight, they lost to them earlier in the season, Kings have won 4 of the past 5, playing well.

Kozlov left the devils game with a mild groin tweak, missed the last 2 periods. Looks like he is not going to go tonight

Ovey-Backstrom-Semin

Flash-Fedorov-Fehr

Laich-Nylander-Gordon

Brash-Steckel-Bradley

Erskine-Green

Mo-Poti

Schultz-Juice

Neuvirth is still backing up Theo with Johnny injured, but Theo getting the start again

I know BB moves the lines but why put Nyles with non-finishers when he was playing so well .... I like the all F line though. Fehr is really getting his chances to prove himself and seems to have really good chemistry with Flash.

i like how the third line could be reffered to as Looks No Good. haha just kidding, although it was the first thing that popped into my head. lol.

Throw my previous lines out the window. Looks like eric fehr is getting rewarded for his recent strong play

Top line at the morning skate

Ovechkin - Fedorov - Fehr

the OFF line!!!

I hope Fehr takes advantage of this chance.

He will got to the net or the corners hard, and get the garbage, and has good enough hands (although still getting the timing down at the NHL level) that he will be able to be a threat un-marked with the other 2 on the ice

A goal tonight by Ovey will be goal #200, the only other players to get to 200 in 4 seasons, Gretzky, Lemiuex, Hull and Bossy.

Not bad

A goal tonight by semin gives him his 20th on the year

Ov got his 200th, Semin got 20 as well. and Hull took just over 4 seasons. So its just Gretz, Lemiuex, Bossy, and Ovechkin. what company.

Crazy game though, only got to see the 3rd period, but the caps never gave up. Give credit to Quick, if it wernt for him, it would have been 7-5 caps.

Ov got his 200th, Semin got 20 as well. and Hull took just over 4 seasons. So its just Gretz, Lemiuex, Bossy, and Ovechkin. what company.

Crazy game though, only got to see the 3rd period, but the caps never gave up. Give credit to Quick, if it wernt for him, it would have been 7-5 caps.

Caps played shit from about mid way through the first to the end of the second, that cost them the game.

Good start, good end, crap in the middle.

D was terrible, Theo was slow, kings pushed them round

Great win last night on VS boys!

All information in this post is courtesy of CapsChick (CC) over at www.DCCheapSeats.com

To that end, let’s check out where the team stands in terms of “on pace” numbers for the year...

stats1.jpg

What’s interesting is how many players are on pace to surpass whatever they did last year. Everyone but Bradley (victim of improved teammates and thus less ice time), Fedorov (injured) and Erskine (injured) is on pace to pass last year’s totals in at least one category - goals, assists, and/or points. Eight different players have already eclipsed what they did last year in at least one category.

Even more telling is the fact that a number of players are ahead of last season’s pace in all three categories, showing not only the continued dedication to secondary scoring and beyond but also a continued growth in individual performance. There are eight players whose goal, assist and point pace are all up from last year - and with the exception of Nylander, every single one of them is under 26.

After tonight's goal from Green, I truely believe that he can hit the 30 goal marker, with the pace he's on, but hey you never know.

As much as I don't want to see it the Caps need to lose a couple to humble themselves and start taking the PK seriously.

13 games in a row allowing in a PK goal is not a stat they should be proud of.

It was amazing to see the kings flying up and down the ice though. They definitely buried every bad play in the neutral zone from the caps. They are going to have a great team in the coming years.

Nylander is on the top line in practice this morning. He has been playing well of late

Ovey-Backstrom-Nylander

???? - Fedorov-Semin

Fleischmann-Steckel-Fehr

Brashear-Gordon-Bradley

Also, Alzner has been recalled

Laich is not skating (but was helped of the ice after blocking a slapper last night, tarik reporting it was off his calf)

Kozlov still not going

I'm going to assume either Kozzie or Laich are going to be ok to fill in on the 2nd line, which is why they didn't assign anyone to play the left on it.

Also, caps claimed Staffan Kronwall from the leafs on waivers. Probably a hershey fill in now alzner is up. That puts them to 50 contracts, so with Johnny going out for the next 8 weeks for hip surgery, they are unable to claim legace from the blues as a backup (if they wanted to).

When I read "Caps claim Kronwall" I was excited, but no, detroit are holding on to their guy !!!

Kronwall is a good pick up for the Caps. I feel bad for the guy because he was never really given a chance by the Leafs due to depth, but he has the capability to be a solid defensive-minded guy. Because he was claimed does that mean he is assigned to Washington? If that is the case and they want him on their AHL team I could see Toronto reclaiming him.

Kronwall is a good pick up for the Caps. I feel bad for the guy because he was never really given a chance by the Leafs due to depth, but he has the capability to be a solid defensive-minded guy. Because he was claimed does that mean he is assigned to Washington? If that is the case and they want him on their AHL team I could see Toronto reclaiming him.

I'm not 100% sure how that works, he was claimed being sent down, so does that put him in hershey or washington?

I'm pretty sure it's a hershey signing as the caps just called up Alzner today after putting in the claim.

But I'm not sure how the CBA works in whether or not he has to go back through waivers all over again to keep going to the AHL level

I'm not 100% sure how that works, he was claimed being sent down, so does that put him in hershey or washington?

I'm pretty sure it's a hershey signing as the caps just called up Alzner today after putting in the claim.

But I'm not sure how the CBA works in whether or not he has to go back through waivers all over again to keep going to the AHL level

He's on the Caps roster and would have to clear waivers for them to send him to Hershey. It wouldn't make much sense if a team could claim him off waivers when he was being sent down, and then were allowed to send him down to their own AHL team.

So what... could the caps dress him for a game THEN send him down?

Sure, but he still has to go through waivers to go down. Once a player has been around for a while they must go through waivers every time they go down. I believe the only exception is for a rehab/conditioning stint and the player must agree to it.

So what... could the caps dress him for a game THEN send him down?

Sure, but he still has to go through waivers to go down. Once a player has been around for a while they must go through waivers every time they go down. I believe the only exception is for a rehab/conditioning stint and the player must agree to it.

If they do that wouldn't Toronto be the first to be able to reclaim him this season? I seem to remember that happening with a few people, someone between Anaheim and Phoenix maybe, and Karel Pilar.

Kronwall hasnt passed immigration yet. Thus we wont see him for a little while.

BTW another great game from Mikey. So glad the Caps locked him up for awhile.

Getting a work visa usually takes a few days.

Anybody going to watch Caps Redline tonight on CSN at 930? I have an adult game but I was just wondering if anyone out there knew if episodes would be broadcast on capitals.nhl.com for viewing at anytime?

Anybody going to watch Caps Redline tonight on CSN at 930? I have an adult game but I was just wondering if anyone out there knew if episodes would be broadcast on capitals.nhl.com for viewing at anytime?

I didn't catch it, but I did record it. Comcast are rebroadcasting it saturday again though, if you missed it

Mike Green scores tonight (he has 2 tonight so far, end of the 2nd).

Thats goals in 7 straight games, tying the NHL record that has stood since 1984.

With their next game against the lightning saturday, hopefully he can break the record.

Mike Green scores tonight (he has 2 tonight so far, end of the 2nd).

Thats goals in 7 straight games, tying the NHL record that has stood since 1984.

With their next game against the lightning saturday, hopefully he can break the record.

Green was exceptional ... the refs left a lot to be desired. 10 straight minutes of PK killing for the Caps in the 3rd,

Yeah, there was some BS reffing going on there. I know the caps sometimes take stupid penalties, but Semin wasn't even playing last night!!!!

I'm supposed to believe the rangers didn't take a penalty from the 13 minute mark of period two, but the caps did. How Poti got 2 for diving but Lundquvist didn't get an oscar for the same thing is beyond me

Yeah, there was some BS reffing going on there. I know the caps sometimes take stupid penalties, but Semin wasn't even playing last night!!!!

I'm supposed to believe the rangers didn't take a penalty from the 13 minute mark of period two, but the caps did. How Poti got 2 for diving but Lundquvist didn't get an oscar for the same thing is beyond me

you really think Poti didn't deserve a dive on that? and not for nothing, not a single penalty call made on the caps in the 2nd or 3rd was a BS hook... delay of game, high stick, dive and cross check were all legitimate calls. if you wanted to complain about the ridiculous amount of terrible off-sides calls I'd agree with you lol