Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009 Washington Capitals thread

Correct, but the penalty went to Theo. I saw no roughing in the replay. I just think he was knocked into and had nowhere else to fall. The blocker to Hartnell's head was IMO Theo trying to catch himself.

Correct, but the penalty went to Theo. I saw no roughing in the replay. I just think he was knocked into and had nowhere else to fall. The blocker to Hartnell's head was IMO Theo trying to catch himself.

Agreed. There should've been no call on the penalty. But if I saw super-fro in my crease I would've punched him too ... by accident of course.

Good game tonight. Tues game was so frustrating. A 3 minute lapse and they just lose it defensively. Almost had the same relapse tonight. Gave up two breakaways. Defensively they lose track of forwards way too easily. They really need a stay at home D man for the deadline.

Good game tonight. Tues game was so frustrating. A 3 minute lapse and they just lose it defensively. Almost had the same relapse tonight. Gave up two breakaways. Defensively they lose track of forwards way too easily. They really need a stay at home D man for the deadline.

Eh I am against the whole stay at home D man philosophy. Every player should fit your team's style and not adapt your style to fit that player. A stay at home D man would be great provided he is a good enough skater to play the Caps fast paced system and can transition from the Offensive zone to D zone quickly.

Doubt Anaheim would do it but I'd love Neidermeyer as a rental.

I know it's stupid to complain when the team is doing so well compared to the past 8-9 season, but god damnit am I sick of seeing them play down to competition. Atlanta are behind the Lightning in the division.

This should have been a 6-1 or 6-2 win. With Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom, Fedorov, Laich, Flash, Fehr playing great lately, Mike Green etc etc, there is no way the caps should only be eeking out one goal wins over one of the worst teams this season.

It's stupid

i have noticed that trend with the capitals this year. but i will say one thing. They are one of the most exciting teams in the NHL to watch day in a day out.

i was watching NHL on the FLY and they are beginning to compare Mike Green with Paul Coffey. they brought up his ability to put the puck in the net with bobby orr. i think its great to see a d-man like green doin so well.

I know it's stupid to complain when the team is doing so well compared to the past 8-9 season, but god damnit am I sick of seeing them play down to competition. Atlanta are behind the Lightning in the division.

This should have been a 6-1 or 6-2 win. With Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom, Fedorov, Laich, Flash, Fehr playing great lately, Mike Green etc etc, there is no way the caps should only be eeking out one goal wins over one of the worst teams this season.

It's stupid

While granted Atlantas record is bad. They have been playing pretty sharp as late. Also inter division games are usually much tighter because you play that team more often, so you have a history from years past on how to play certain players or teams styles.

I wouldn't mind if they won a 1 goal game if the thrashers came in and out worked the Caps. But cut out the stinking penalities and stop letting the stretch pass beat the 2 defenders.

i have noticed that trend with the capitals this year. but i will say one thing. They are one of the most exciting teams in the NHL to watch day in a day out.

i was watching NHL on the FLY and they are beginning to compare Mike Green with Paul Coffey. they brought up his ability to put the puck in the net with bobby orr. i think its great to see a d-man like green doin so well.

Green's stats this year are pretty damn good. 54 points in 49 games. Rafalski is in second place with 51 points but he's played 61 games. Not to mention Green's on track for a 30 goal season. Too bad he missed games earlier this season, at his current pace he could've broken 90 points. I think it's a little early to start to compare him with Coffey and Orr though.

Wow. Caps are 9-0-1 when Fehr scores this year. That's insanely good.

Yeah but he was better as Jersey #14! He should've called me before he changed #'s!

Fehr has been great this year and hopefully he will re-sign on the cheap and get a full season next year.

Semin needs to use his slapper more often. He's got a wicked shot. Soft goal by Thomas but hey who cares.

Did anybody else hear someone in the crowd trying to start the "nanana goodbye" chant right before Semin scored? Way to jinx it buddy.

Theodore looked really good though, except for that one he let in by Chara. He probably should've had that one.

As a B's fan I would love to face the aps in the plaoffs. All four games were very close and could have gone either way. I can't wait until April.

It is available on the Caps' website. Anyone heard of this for the female Cap fans? Seems to be a pretty big hit following Hockey n' Heels which was launched a couple years ago...

www.scarletcaps.com

Rock the Scarlet?

Horrible game yesterday Caps, but no need to mention it. Rumor was that Phoenix had a scout at the FLA game. Possible moves being made for Derek Morris? Stay tuned...

Well, after Sundays abortion of a game, the caps better play big tonight against the canes. Here are the lineups from Tarik

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kozlov

Fleischmann-Fedorov-Semin

Laich-Steckel-Fehr

Brashear-Gordon-Bradley

Erskine and Nyles are the healthy scratches tonight (kronwall in for Erskine).

This is nylanders 4th healthy scratch in a row.

And here is more from tarik...

The bigger story, though, is that veteran Michael Nylander will be scratched for the fourth straight game. With the trade deadline looming in 24 hours, it certainly raises questions. Would he be willing to approve a trade now that it looks like he might not play much, if at all? Is there anyone out there who would be willing to take on his contract?

This certainly bears watching.

Alex Ovechkin smeared a shaving cream pie in the face of Alex Semin in "celebration" of Semin's birthday today. The funniest thing to me was that Boudreau was in on the prank. Boudreau walked into the room, called Semin into the hallway, which allowed Ovechkin to race over and get him undetected.

Also, I failed to mention that there was a Phoenix pro scout watching Sunday's game at Verizon Center. He could have been looking at the Panthers, but he was more than likely looking at the Caps, who are believed to have interest in defenseman Derek Morris

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/

Another southeast opponent at home ... a similar loss.

Lack of focus and drive. Caps seem to be just going through the motions. I know Schultz is our new whipping boy but man does he make it easy to pick on him. I've never seen such weak attempts to get the puck out of the zone.

Let's hope they right this ship sooner rather than later. Tomorrow should be interesting.

And the douchebag celebration after fed's goal, no doubt for don cherry, but stupid, especially when 5-1 down

Well from the replay it looked like they got tripped. Semin and the rest didn't jump into Feds he sorta fell with them on top of him.