Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrooklyniteAlmighty

Brooklynite Almighty

Man if I was going full retail I'd get Sherwood RM19 one pieces with Crosby curves for $150 out the door all day long - talk about a stick - but luckily my favorite sticks are only $30-$35 one piecers at retail... :-)

And what stick would that be?

does msh get a specialty stick in the future? can we help design the graphics?

Something black with yellow white and silver accents? Oh wait, someone sent me a couple that look like that. :unsure:

Disclaimer: no, we're not doing a stick, Chadd is talking about some testing he is doing for a manufacturer whose stick are those colors and have nothing to do with MSH in any way, shape or form.

Disclaimer: no, we're not doing a stick, Chadd is talking about some testing he is doing for a manufacturer whose stick are those colors and have nothing to do with MSH in any way, shape or form.

Party pooper :P

Something black with yellow white and silver accents? Oh wait, someone sent me a couple that look like that. :ph34r:

Lord Almighty what could it be??? :lol:

Man if I was going full retail I'd get Sherwood RM19 one pieces with Crosby curves for $150 out the door all day long - talk about a stick - but luckily my favorite sticks are only $30-$35 one piecers at retail... :-)

And what stick would that be?

The RM19 or the ones I use?

Something black with yellow white and silver accents? Oh wait, someone sent me a couple that look like that. :ph34r:

It's not the Almighty.

I would love to work with you guys to make a stick. Technology and everything. I will pay to produce it. Not just graphics. If you guys were serious. I would love to do it.

Lets see what the future will bring.

I don't believe we will be doing an MSH branded stick for a long time, if ever. Thanks for the offer though

Just a joke about using MSH colors.

I just can't get over the name of this company, if the hockey thing doesn't work out he can jump into hip-hop wear. I asked the guys in the dressing room last night if they would use a company named Brooklynite and they all laughed with a "HELL NO". Maybe Joe's market is the 13-18 crowd, and not 20+ guys from Calgary, but not one guy on the team had any interest of bearing Brooklynite.

Unless Joe's product has technology that blows the top/mid end sticks out of the water, I don't see Brooklynite catching on, especially not to the $200M potential Joe envisions. I quess we will wait on reviews.

Joe you should look at what Sande Hockey is doing, try to build your way up through the junior/college and semi-pro ranks, try & built buzz and then go retail.

That's the kicker: planned obsolescence. A company comes up with gimmick X, everyone gets excited, tons of people buy the product, then next year they come up with gimmick Y, and gimmick X product goes on closeout. It must be a successful business model because that's what everybody does...and it must be because the products are made for professional athletes and trickle down to recreational users who don't put nearly as much stress on them. We might get six months to a year out of the same stick an NHL'er uses for a couple games.

That's actually the appealing thing about the Dolomite for me (until Spyne anyway). It's the same thing they've had for a few years, and before that it was the same thing for another brand name. Just a good solid stick.

It doesnt have to be MSH brand. It can be a Brooklynite. We can make it a charity thing. All proceeds go to charity or what ever. Would be interesting to see what we can produce.

Again, we're not interested in doing anything with anyone on sticks at this time. We are an independent website and partnering with anyone on an item like that could appear to compromise our integrity, something we have no desire to do.

Joe you should look at what Sande Hockey is doing, try to build your way up through the junior/college and semi-pro ranks, try & built buzz and then go retail.

Gary tried going straight to retail

It doesnt have to be MSH brand. It can be a Brooklynite. We can make it a charity thing. All proceeds go to charity or what ever. Would be interesting to see what we can produce.

Again, we're not interested in doing anything with anyone on sticks at this time. We are an independent website and partnering with anyone on an item like that could appear to compromise our integrity, something we have no desire to do.

Gary tried going straight to retail

I read some of the old threads on Sande and it looks like it was a tough go, but from his website it looks like he is trying to get leagues signed and then go from there, which I think is a good idea(not that I really know anything about it)

I read some of the old threads on Sande and it looks like it was a tough go, but from his website it looks like he is trying to get leagues signed and then go from there, which I think is a good idea(not that I really know anything about it)

Reebok tried the same thing at a higher level and it hasn't really helped them at all.

I am, I spoke to the head of the largest junior league in the country and he wants to work with us and support our company. We will be working very closely with them. Great guy I might add.

Is it me or does the show look just like a Warrior............the graphics.

So the USHL is dropping an exclusivity agreement with RBK/CCM for Brooklynite hockey?

I believe he said the largest junior league, not the best. While the USHL certainly is the best league, it only has 12 teams. The NAHL and EJHL are both much bigger, and I believe there are several Junior B leagues out there that have 20+ teams. I guess thats my long-winded way of saying, I don't think he was talking about the USHL.

If I had to venture a guess I would say it is probably not the USHL, NAHL, or EJHL, it may be one of the other "Junior A" leagues out there or one of the Junior B leagues.

so today is the first time i even looked into this mess. Kind of reminds me of the South Park where "the boys" stay out of the whole cripple episode...

Cartman: Beep beep beep. Move it, Kenny! Beep.

Jimmy: Hey there fellas.

Stan: Oh hey Jimmy, hey Timmy.

Timmy: Timmih!

Jimmy: Say, would you guys like to join our club? Oh, I'm sorry. You can't. You aren't crippled. [start laughing. The boys go back to playing with their trucks.]

Kyle: What?

Jimmy: To be in our club, not only do you have to be c-c-crippled, but you have to have been born that way. Do you know what that means? No butthole Superman asswipe Christopher Reeve!

Stan: That's nice, guys. We're just gonna stay out of this one. [Jimmy and Timmy turn and walk away]

The NAHL and EJHL are both much bigger, and I believe there are several Junior B leagues out there that have 20+ teams. I guess thats my long-winded way of saying, I don't think he was talking about the USHL.

If the guys can get it cheap at that level they may use it but it's not like they're going to inspire others to use the product. It's a huge waste of time and energy to break even or make a couple pennies. You're also talking about the age that is most influenced by advertising and the least likely to buy something with religious overtones. Bad move on so many levels, it's going to result in far more negative feedback than any benefit you may get out of it.