Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Blackstone Flat-Bottom V Thread

I'm glad it is working out for you guys we are having as much fun as you. It is great to see new players to NHL guys "lit up" over a simple skate sharpening procedure. The University that is doing the study is also quite impressed with the results that it is producing. I am exceted to get some of the results back so that I can share them and make it so that it is in simple terms so we can all understand what is going on with the fbv, other than it works great. I know I get a kick out of watching my kids do things that I have not seen them do before, yesterday one of the parents said that they have never seen my son skate so fast. I just smiled and said thank you but inside I was thinking "if you only new!"

Neat: http://www.epinions.com/msg/sec_~forums/sh...316/pp_~4#posts

Look at the last post there

You didn't give me creit for

"$47.50 for 200 pairs of skates

OR

$77.50 for 600+ pairs of skates"

It's copyrighted:)

If seriously, these thing are cool indeed. I bought a Blackstone Portable Turbo Spinner last summer. Best sharpening in Ukraine now! Have Pro guys line down dayly...And I don't even have much experience in sharpening.

I have so many teams ask me to get them team portables. I just hold my fingers oin hope that Steve gives me the distribution rights for Ukraine and Russia.. Blademaster has a bunch of distributors in Europe, that's why they may be ahead in numbers. But Blackstone Spinner System sure kicks butt!

Edited by Ivan

I'm glad it is working out for you guys we are having as much fun as you. It is great to see new players to NHL guys "lit up" over a simple skate sharpening procedure. The University that is doing the study is also quite impressed with the results that it is producing. I am exceted to get some of the results back so that I can share them and make it so that it is in simple terms so we can all understand what is going on with the fbv, other than it works great. I know I get a kick out of watching my kids do things that I have not seen them do before, yesterday one of the parents said that they have never seen my son skate so fast. I just smiled and said thank you but inside I was thinking "if you only new!"

Neat: http://www.epinions.com/msg/sec_~forums/sh...316/pp_~4#posts

Look at the last post there

You didn't give me creit for

"$47.50 for 200 pairs of skates

OR

$77.50 for 600+ pairs of skates"

It's copyrighted:)

If seriously, these thing are cool indeed. I bought a Blackstone Portable Turbo Spinner last summer. Best sharpening in Ukraine now! Have Pro guys line down dayly...And I don't even have much experience in sharpening.

I have so many teams ask me to get them team portables. I just hold my fingers oin hope that Steve gives me the distribution rights for Ukraine and Russia.. Blademaster has a bunch of distributors in Europe, that's why they may be ahead in numbers. But Blackstone Spinner System sure kicks butt!

Well if you think that was good wait till you try the new spinner. You will need a second machine and have to hire a new person to sharpen.

Never sharpened skates before, but the X01 looks like a good investment to me. Question - with the X10 holder, can you sharpen blades alone w/o the boot ?

At $1500 for an X02, I'll be taking my dirt nap before I break even ;)

Nah, Just take them in after EVERY ice session :P :ph34r:

But seriously, I would love to try this out on my sons skates. Who has this in the US that I can send some steel to?

Edited by bheidepr

just curious to see if there are going to be any other spinner sizes available because I'd need a 7/16 spinner. I've always found 3/8 too sharp and 1/2 not sharp enough, so a 7/16 option would be essential.

just curious to see if there are going to be any other spinner sizes available because I'd need a 7/16 spinner. I've always found 3/8 too sharp and 1/2 not sharp enough, so a 7/16 option would be essential.

A 1/2 spinner feels much sharper than a regular 1/2 inch so I would not go the extra to get the 7/16. Personally.

Hey OTG,

Yes it is indeed going well. My guy is really skating well on the 75/100 that you suggested. I haven't exactly mentioned it to the teammates just yet...it's too much fun watching the other parents stare at my son.

Also, Markham is a little far most on the team. I will have to let them in on it prior to the play-offs though <_<

Hey OTG,

Yes it is indeed going well. My guy is really skating well on the 75/100 that you suggested. I haven't exactly mentioned it to the teammates just yet...it's too much fun watching the other parents stare at my son.

Also, Markham is a little far most on the team. I will have to let them in on it prior to the play-offs though <_<

I would be willing to get the FBV for our other stores that have spinners were abouts is your team located?

a 7/16 spinner is available. KNow that for sure coz I got one with my machine

The FBV is ammmaaazziinnggggg...had the 2 inch with 5/8 bite put on one of my sets and it was unreal...need a little more grip though so I'll be changing the 5/8 to a 1/2. I noticed the difference even when I was gliding to a face-off. A+++++ for the FBV.