Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

merle720

Hespeler done too?

Miserable fuckers at Huffy killed what was a good brand. On the bright side, maybe someone with a clue will be able to buy the assets (name) when Huffy finally goes tits up. Hopefully Keith had a clause in his contract to cover this.

i liked alot of the under gear ,pretty mobile protective stuff......except my shinpads the knee in those cracked :P ,but yea thats no good

well Hespeler would have been under a while back had Huffy not triedt to take them on..but its not profitable..what can you do..some good stuff..but they haven't been a leader in the market for a number of years...

it will be interesting though if they offer to sell it off..like Vic did a while back...

If they did offer to sell it off and I wasn't an 18 year old kid I'd really look into it. Its a shitty thing to see a company with such history go down the shitter.

well Hespeler would have been under a while back had Huffy not triedt to take them on..but its not profitable..what can you do..some good stuff..but they haven't been a leader in the market for a number of years...

it will be interesting though if they offer to sell it off..like Vic did a while back...

GenX wasn't losing 9 digits a year like Huffy is. In fact they've had more years in the red than profitable ones over the last ten years. Huffy had multiple offers to purchase the Hespeler brand and for some reason they refused to sell. Must be a better write off to close it down than sell it off.

Not sure where you heard that Jim. I think your a little mixed up on the whole huffy taking them on thing. The only reason why Hespeler would be done is HUFFY.

I can verify Chadd's comments. Until I talk to someone who can give me some proper answers, I would not consider Hespeler as dead. I will be more than willing to share any info I get in the next few days. And will do so as soon as i get it.

If any one has some real info please share as i would love to hear it.

GenX wasn't losing 9 digits a year like Huffy is. In fact they've had more years in the red than profitable ones over the last ten years. Huffy had multiple offers to purchase the Hespeler brand and for some reason they refused to sell. Must be a better write off to close it down than sell it off.

Sounds like they are the hockey equipment version of the Charlestown Chiefs. Maybe we will hear that an investment group down here in St. Petersburg in interested in them too :lol:

Sad news to hear about Hespeler if it is true. I just did a review of the Hespeler Alpha and it is a great stick. Their problem was when they started trying to sell too much budget equipment for the masses a few years back. Once you lose respect, it's hard to get it back. Franklin had the same problem b/c for so long you couldn't take them seriously so when they tried to sell high end equipment everbody just laughed at it. They both had top shelf stuff but nobody wanted to pay that much for those brands.

Sort of like VW and their Phaeton sedan right now.

Guess I got to get on the horn with JR and get me one of the last Alphas ASAP.

Guys,

It true they are done. With Huffy for now I guess. Time will tell what will become. The info is just trickling in. As I hear more, I'll pass more info on.

Chadd and JR could one of you confirm my over/under on this one? LOL

If anyone has questions let me know.

Sounds like they are the hockey equipment version of the Charlestown Chiefs.  Maybe we will hear that an investment group down here in St. Petersburg in interested in them too :lol:

Who ownnnnnnns Hespeler? :D

Guys,

It true they are done. With Huffy for now I guess. Time will tell what will become. The info is just trickling in. As I hear more, I'll pass more info on.

Chadd and JR could one of you confirm my over/under on this one? LOL

If anyone has questions let me know.

Wow, I had 12 months as the over/under. I was taking the under but I was thinking 8-9 would have been a better guess than 1.5.

sorry to change topics somewhat, but did the nemesis alpha shafts ever come out?

If not I have the inserts I pulled out of my OPS you can try.

nah, that's ok. where were the inserts located in the shaft anyway?

One near the handle and one above the blade. They added 10g to the weight and it was still 450g for the OPS.