Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeyman9621

Celebrations?

fell on my face after i scored once. it got more of a reaction than the goal did. yeaa me.

LOL :P

If only it wasn't true. As long as you make it look good.

Lately the first thing I do is ask what happened. Shooting through screens, getting popped as the shot goes off, getting smacked in the visor, etc... When that stuff happens you don't see the puck hit the net.

The Blind man. Put your glove over your face and turn your stick around upside down so it's like a cane. Then run into the other teams bench. It's probaly the greatest cely I have ever done.

And you still have the ability to walk? Did you play a girls' team?

He did it in roller against some joke team. He showed me it a week ago and I tried it at hockey program then got kicked off..

I never do anything fancy. I didn't really do any celebrations until my first 5 point game. Our team shot it into the right corner, I just skated as hard as I could into the corner and wildly threw it in front. It hit the goalie's skate and in. Turned around, banged my gloves on the glass and gave everyone a high five on my bench.

Another time we were on the powerplay. I was screening the goalie. Our defensemen takes a point shot, I get shoved down and end up onto my knees but the defender just leaves me. The puck slides along the ice in front of me and I just shovel it backhand with my back to the net. I turn around (still on my knees) and see the puck came out. I'm wondering why everyone stopped playing and then my teammates all jumped on me because I scored.

As i noticed, the mentality in the us/canada is a bit different.

when someones doing a celebration here, its ok and no one cares or gets that mad as you.. sure it pisses you on but you dont flip the bird and wanna play unfair or fight. but that are just my 2 cents

The craziest celebration I have ever done would have to be the kyack, I slid on the ice and used my hockey stick as an oar like I was kyacking

a kid on my team does this awesome taunt, after he scores he puts out his stick like a bow, puts his hand at the back of his jersey to fake like he is getting an arrow, then right when they change the scoreboard he " shoots the arrow "

a kid on my team does this awesome taunt, after he scores he puts out his stick like a bow, puts his hand at the back of his jersey to fake like he is getting an arrow, then right when they change the scoreboard he " shoots the arrow "

He sounds like a douchebag with no class.

A buddy of mines brother who played junior had a sick cele. He got traded because of issues with the coach, the next time he played the team he ended up scorin a hatty went by the bench and tipped his helmet to him. He got thrown out tho.

Anyways all this stuff about classless acts is an overhyped thing, imo. You guys make it seem like people are coming out to the rink and saying "man hockey sucks cuz that kid celebrates". Like some stuff like kayaking or signing the puck is taking it over the edge. But like when i score I dont think about what im going to do, it isnt something I think about. It all just depends on the situation. Like if I score and im excited im gunna get some fist pumps goin, or jump into the glass in front of the fans.. or if im in a close game with lots of chirpin etc. i might blow a kiss and taunt a little, all be prepared to defend myself too. Thing is its not like its premeditated, its an automatic instinc to how im feeling when i score. I mean ive scored in OT to win tournys and put my hand in the air like it was nothing, but then ive also got really excited and taunted after scoring the opening goal. Say what you want about a lack of respect for the game, but im not disrespecting the game by being happy and excited after scoring a goal. And if you think celebrations are gunna hurt the game that much, then the game ahs bigger problems to worry about.

There's a difference between exuberance and pre-planned and choreographed displays. Lack of sportsmanship should always be concerning in sports.

Not much for celebrating, usually just a tap on the glove of the guy who passed it. I might raise my stick every now and then but not too often.

That's pretty much exactly what I do as well.

A guy who used to play with us scored a goal, got confused as to where he was on the rink and went and high fived everyone on the oppositions bench. Pretty sure they were kickin our asses though so they didn't really mind.

I usually just skate back and thank whoever passed it or knock gloves with our own goalie...thank him for the saves that are bailing us out in defence.

This year I've started to not do anything at all. Just skate back to the bench/centre ice after I score. I like it more than the whole stick raise thing.

But we had a huge tourney at our school and whenever we score our players would jump up and hoist themselves up on the glass and all our buddies who are watching come and pat us and yell and stuff. It's sweet

Run to my players and hug them screaming "YEAH! WOOO THAT'S IT BABY!"

Or I just go skating as fast as I can and then slide on the ice (ahh good ol' soccer celebration :P)

When anyone on my team scores (usually me ;) ) everyone on the ice just gathers up and says stuff like "nice shot" or something along those lines to the goal scorer, then all 5 guys who were on the ice skate in a line, tapping everyones glove as they go by, through the bench and the goalie. Nothing crazy or ridiculous, just a good old-fashioned celebration.

Ambro: That's what my team does too.

I don't mind goal celebrations, but I don't do them, kinda pointless in my opinion unless it's in SD Overtime.

Your a fool when you celebrate like e.g. the arrow guy, and your team loses 5-8, and if your winning big it's just as lame. "Uh I scored, 15-1, look at me! look at me!"

Last night was the first time this season I've celebrated a goal, 15seconds to go I scored the game-winner shorthanded.

Our coach actaully emphifises that we raise our arms and celebrate, because it has an effect on the ref in close situations. Last game there was a pile-up infront of the goal on our guy's jeered, the goalie scrapped it out of the net before the ref could see it in, but he gave as the goal (which was the right call). It tipped the decision in our favor that our guy's celebrated, made him think well it must have been in then...

When you don't have video-reply available it's actually quite important to show it was a goal.

But I still hate most goal-celebrations, think more of it as mockery than display of emotions.

There's a good player on one of our rival teams, that stands still with his one arm streched high (with his stick in it) and pump's his fist with the other. It's a true display of self-arrogance when you view it in person, we won the game 5-4 on afterwards I tipped him on the shoulder on pointed at the scoreboard.

Which pretty much made my day ;)

Man some of you guys are uptight. I'm almost as old as chippa, but I apparently still have a sense of humor. Some of these are cracking me up. I'd be embarrassed to see any of these during an NHL game or even a serious High School game, but most of us just play for fun.

I think it really depends on the league you play in. In my beer league, we have our own message board where 90% of the posts are X-rated insults hurled back and forth. If we taunt each other off the ice, why not do it on the ice. Heck, there are teams we play against where I know almost every player they have. If you can't taunt your friends who can you taunt?

I've never done much more that a fist pump or a rasied stick myself, but you all have given me some inspiration. There is a particular goalie who with any luck, is gonna be sharing his water bottle with me next time we play...

Pull any of these in my beer leagues and you'll get laughed off the rink. If you're my age and still acting like you won the cup after a goal and you've got bigger problems than just embarrassing yourself.

Man some of you guys are uptight. I'm almost as old as chippa, but I apparently still have a sense of humor. Some of these are cracking me up. I'd be embarrassed to see any of these during an NHL game or even a serious High School game, but most of us just play for fun.

I think it really depends on the league you play in. In my beer league, we have our own message board where 90% of the posts are X-rated insults hurled back and forth. If we taunt each other off the ice, why not do it on the ice. Heck, there are teams we play against where I know almost every player they have. If you can't taunt your friends who can you taunt?

I've never done much more that a fist pump or a rasied stick myself, but you all have given me some inspiration. There is a particular goalie who with any luck, is gonna be sharing his water bottle with me next time we play...

I completely agree. As long as the other teams have nothing against the extravagence of the celebration, it's fine. I personally think that some of the stuff said there is pretty FRICKIN hilarious. I rarely celebrate; usually I just skate away. However, if someone pulled an "over-the-top" celebration, I'd laugh, be like "oh, watch this" and top it :D .

Pull any of these in my beer leagues and you'll get laughed off the rink. If you're my age and still acting like you won the cup after a goal and you've got bigger problems than just embarrassing yourself.

Like my post said, it depends on the league. My league is more about having a good time then playing serious hockey.

How sad is it that you can't cut loose and enjoy yourself while playing the greatest game in the world? You're what, 33? 34? 35? You're not dead yet. Live a little. Show some emotion. Stop worrying about looking respectable. It's OK to act like a kid every now and then. If your league thinks less of you for showing some emotion, it's time to find a new league because they are taking themselves way to seriously.

I spend over 40 hours a week at work being respectable and dignified and professional. When I'm home I get to be husband and father. For those couple hours a week when I play hockey, I get to be a kid. Nobody is going to take that from me.

A fist pump or a rasied stick is acting like I won the Stanley Cup? WTF? Next goal I score is for you chippa, I'll be sure to disgrace the game with a quality celebration.