Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeyman9621

Celebrations?

I have one that I am trying to stop...the "sword sheath," when I slide my stick down my top hand like a sword. It doesn't look that bad and I even do it when I'm getting off the ice or something, just a bad habit...I don't overdo it or anything however.

I think it was buzz that scored a goal and threw himself on the ground and acting like he was swimming. I tried doing it and slid too far into the boards. :ph34r:

Once i scored such an easy goal i just shrugged as if saying "WTF is wrong with that goalie?" I came down the wing and he just didnt back up and cover his angles. As a result i shot into an open net.

hah at a tournament once a guy I play with scored on a goalie and just yelled at loud as he could "NO GOAL, TOO EASY"

I have one that I am trying to stop...the "sword sheath," when I slide my stick down my top hand like a sword. It doesn't look that bad and I even do it when I'm getting off the ice or something, just a bad habit...I don't overdo it or anything however.

After every shift, no matter what happened, I'd always put my left glvoe under my right armpit and skate barehanded to the bench, i've done it so often that I don't even realise it anymore.

I did the gun a couple of times, you trow your glove in the air and simulate a shooting move (I think Selanne did that back with the Jets) and I did the canoe move a couple of times. Never during an organised hockey game, it was always with friends.

No, I remember someone shooting top shelf, knocking the water bottle off the top of the net, skating towards it, taking a swig, and handing it back to the goalie. That was me :)

cant you get in trouble for that if you cant im gonna do it lol that would be sweet

No, but I did give a 1st goal puck to someone. Sure it was the dick coach of my old team, but I'm still charitable like that.

some ones GOTTA tell the story about spraying the goalie with his own water bottle.... (i remember it from CB) hopefully hes transfered over... it was a classic.

That was me...

End of the game scored a goal, went behind the net, grabbed the bottle, took a swigger, then sprayed the goalie. He flipped out, I got jumped...

Good times.

No, but I did give a 1st goal puck to someone. Sure it was the dick coach of my old team, but I'm still charitable like that.

I've done that for guys that act like little girls when they score in a beer league. Right before the following faceoff I get the puck from the ref and give it to them to frame.

Playing our rivals in a regular season game, very dirty team and have the cowbell chanting booing parents. Down 2-1, I score the tying goal, they start booing me and chanting. Scored another goal about 30 seconds later, sprinted down the ice, jumped up the boards right next to their parents and threw my hands in the air, and sprinted down by their bench and back to mine to shake my teams hands. They started booing, I got a penalty, coach got pissed, I came out of the box and got the hat trick. They have got to be the dirtiest organization, parents included, in New England. (even though i sound like an asshole)

This isn't a celebration, but it was brought to my attention a few weeks ago that whenever I skate back to the bench for a line change, I do this weaving pattern, like I'm snow skiing or something. :P

I had no idea what everyone was giggling about until they told me.

In the city finals game the otehr team had a loser patch of 14-18 year old kids and they were yelling out we sucked and stuff. When we scored the winning goal, I went by and blew them a kiss, my friend couldnt go the next shift becasue he couldnt stop laughing.

Not much for celebrating, usually just a tap on the glove of the guy who passed it. I might raise my stick every now and then but not too often.

When I was playing deck hockey in HS, I was on a team that was like 0-11 my freshman year and we ended up going into overtime the last game and I scored the game winner with like 30 seconds left. We hadn't won a game all year so no one knew what to do. My buddy decided to run up to me and jump in my arms. To bad I wasn't ready. I turned towards him as he was jumping at me and tried to catch him, he knocked me over and I hit my head on the floor and was out cold for almost a minute. Nothing tells a guy he scored a great goal like knocking him unconscious. :lol:

I started doing something pretty much by accident. I just let out a loud WOO. After I was told it was really annoying I started doing it whenever I was out there and my team scores.

Anything more than a stick raise and maybe the excited yelp when the puck goes in and you're overdoing it. Maybe a fist pump or two on a really meaningful goal but that's about it. Come on, guys, don't let the NFL and NBA jackasses taint the game of hockey. Have a little respect for the game and your opponent.

Please see the Hull quote above.

a yelp and a stick raise wont do much if its a championship game winning goal imo

Then feel free to pump the fist a couple times, hug the teammates and all that stuff. But a lot of this other stuff is just ridiculous and only serves to call attention to yourself, not a very "hockey" way to go about it. For those who like to try and humiliate the other team with your celebrations, don't try it in a game I'm in or I'll teach you the hard way how to respect the game.

I don't mind missing a game or two if I get to teach an important lesson like that either. Then again, a lot of the refs around here would tell the guy he deserved it.