Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psh

Forsberg Skated with Electrodes...

One more shot for Foppa.....in Philly?

November 2, 2009 // 9:34am ET

Flyers scouting Forsberg

TheFourthPeriod.com

The Flyers are keeping their eyes glued to unrestricted free agent center Peter Forsberg, who will play for Sweden in the Karjala Cup, which gets underway Thursday.

According to the Philadelphia Daily News, Flyers scout Ilkka Sinisalo will head to Europe to watch Forsberg, who spent one and a half seasons with the Flyers.

While the Flyers denied having interest in Forsberg at the beginning of the season, the team has been battling injuries and might have had a chance of heart.

The Flyers won't be the only team in attendance, as representatives from the Washington Capitals, Colorado Avalanche and Montreal Canadiens are all rumored to be heading to Finland to watch the tournament.

Im kind of getting sick about hearing this guys return to hockey every year. He trains his butt off all year, plays three games, and then gets re injured. When will he throw in the towel?

Its called passion for the game, something thats nice to see really. Heres a guy who clearly loves hockey so much that hes unable to realize the damage its doing to his body and instead of quitting, he just keeps trying.

Im kind of getting sick about hearing this guys return to hockey every year. He trains his butt off all year, plays three games, and then gets re injured. When will he throw in the towel?

Its called passion for the game, something thats nice to see really. Heres a guy who clearly loves hockey so much that hes unable to realize the damage its doing to his body and instead of quitting, he just keeps trying.

I agree with Leafs, he's a trooper that's for sure

+1 unlike all these other older guys that skip camp or hold off for half a season cause they are lazy/greedy.

Not when it's given to you, it's not.

If you're willing to throw money at a guy with a physical history like Forsberg's, you have to be willing to assume a certain risk. He may stay healthy through the rest of the season...but he may not. Everyone knows that. How much are you willing to gamble to have a shot at having him in your dressing room when mid-April rolls around?

Not when it's given to you, it's not.

If you're willing to throw money at a guy with a physical history like Forsberg's, you have to be willing to assume a certain risk. He may stay healthy through the rest of the season...but he may not. Everyone knows that. How much are you willing to gamble to have a shot at having him in your dressing room when mid-April rolls around?

Given how bad his injuries are, I can't believe teams are signing him blindly hoping that he will be ok. He has to be offering some type of assertion that he will be able to play.

I'm sure you're aware that just about anyone who has played the game at any kind of competitive level has offered similar assertions from the trainer's table. I, for one, have forcefully insisted "I can go" on a number of occasions when I (and everyone else in the room) knew that I had no business in the line-up. Almost everyone has been there.

Coaches, doctors and management see this kind of stuff a lot. They're not just going to take Foppa at his word and ask him to "pinky swear" that he won't get hurt. Everyone knows that he wants to be in the game...it is the organization's job to (try to) make sure he's not going to break like an egg within the first week. Obviously, his history with injury is no secret. They know what they're dealing with.

Buyer Beware.

Peter is going to play with Modo for the rest of this season. He is actually playing tonight!

Good for him and good for hockey. Maybe he will be ready for the olympics.

Markus Naslund is going to make a comeback too, playing with Forsberg in Modo.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=298688

I had read that this was likely to happen. Apprently MoDo is struggling on the ice and financially. The fact that Naslund and Forsberg grew up in the community and played for MoDo and are now waiving their salaries suggests that they have a strong attachment to the team and want to try to do what they can to save it from financial failure. If I'm not mistaken, Forsberg was a major contributor of funds to build MoDo's arena a few years back, too.

It sure would be fun to see Forsberg and Naslund skate together. Do any Swedes read this and, if so, are you aware of any decent quality internet feeds for Elite League games?

This a precursor for the Olympic games. Both Forsberg and Naslund are slated as 1st and 2nd liners if they can stay healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if Forsberg then made a bid to come back to the NHL after the Vancouver Games depending upon his health and performance....and who needs his services come deadline time. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him in Philly come Springtime for a run at the Cup.

Man I really hope he stays healthy, I miss watching that crazy swede play. If he's not making a ridiculous pass, he's punching a goalie in the cup. Nonstop entertainment!

I am looking at the first game with Forsberg and Näslund playing together and WOW. They could even out play teams in NHL...

How did the game end up? I read somewhere that Forsberg has 6 goals and 6 assists in his first six games with MoDo. Add Naslund to that mix and who knows what the potential is.

Its 7 in 7 now. 14 points in 7 games... The old boy still got it :D . 4-1 Modo. And 1 point for Näslund. An assist on Foppa´s goal.