Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psh

Forsberg Skated with Electrodes...

What about gonchar's special skates? Wonder if those would do foppa some good.

They would support his ankle, but he always complains about mobility in the boots that are stiff enough to support his weak ankle.

Always loved forsberg, since the days of the great stanley cup Avs. Hope he can make a comeback and have one more solid season. Its really inspiring to see him trying everything even electrodes on his foot to try to play again, as a Sabres fan I get to watch Tim Connolly sit out games because he has slight aching in his back.....Seems like the Sabres way to be a softie, hopefully these new tougher guys can influence our wussies.

Not sure it's been mentioned, but he's currently playing for his home town team Modo. He'll be playing on a line with two Norwegians which is exciting for hockey Norway. Hockey doesn't get much press in Norway so we need all the publicity we can get.

It'd be nice to see him able to play the game at the level he desires. Years ago when at a group dinner in Denver at the Chop House (our RV dealer group... and there were about 3 of us that were hockey nuts in the group) we crashed an Av's benefit auction in another room there. Got some pics/etc and he was one of the players there. Seemed like a real good guy even to us party crashers, lol.

I truthfully don't see him making it back to the NHL at any sort of level he's once played at. When it gets to this point around his age, they'll just start calling it quits.

But this brings up again the point someone made a couple pages back. When Forsberg played in those eight or nine games with the Avs in 07-08, he had 14 points. Even with a bad foot, that's crazy good.

He said his biggest career regret was that he never won a championship with MODO and that he planned to end his career with them. I think now that he's back he will not attempt another return to the NHL.

Read in a Norwegian paper today that Forsberg played for his home town Modo. The interesting thing is that the paper claims he only has signed a trial contract until Oct. 2, because that's the last day for transfering to the NHL.

http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/artikkel.php?artid=580402

yea that's true, he has a 'tryout' contract with modo, not messing the possible move back to states, if the foot holds firm.

I have a cousin who lives in Sweden. He forwarded this youtube clip, which I believe is of the goal Forsberg scored in his first MoDo game last week. Just a short clip, but he looks pretty mobile and not to be doubting his feet or favoring one ankle over the other.

Forsberg possibly interested in the Caps....

http://www.examiner.com/x-7375-Washington-...y-with-Ovechkin

Apparently, Forsberg would consider joining the Capitals should he try and return to the NHL. And returning to the NHL is his goal, according to Andres' report. Dater also adds:

I’ve heard Foppa does NOT have Colorado at the top of his wish list should he return to the NHL. I’m hearing that he’d rather play in Philly or Washington. But a Philly source I trust told me the Flyers have “moved on” from Foppa and won’t be signing him. But the Caps? I have to believe they might be intrigued.

I don't think the caps can or will sign him, but might be good in a reduced role. Backstrom as first line center, and Forsberg/Morisson splitting time on the 2nd/3rd lines.

As much as the youtube video and reports out of Sweden give me hope, I think he's far better suited, at this point, for high end, but limited commitments--for example, the upcoming Olylmpics and the Swedish Elite League.

I'll admit I'd love to see him return, just to have a better chance of seeing him play more, even in a limited roll. But, his history suggests 82 NHL games is just too much for his beat down body. It's not fair to whatever team he would join to have him moving in and out of the lineup, either. I really hope I'm wrong, but it seems too much to hope for given how the last few years played out.

That Youtube video was from last year when he played in Sweden. Forsberg on the Caps would be cool, but I just don't see the Caps having the room for him. I don't imagine they'd scratch/send one of their centers or wingers to the minors for a guy who can't guarentee them atleast 50 games.

That Youtube video was from last year when he played in Sweden. Forsberg on the Caps would be cool, but I just don't see the Caps having the room for him. I don't imagine they'd scratch/send one of their centers or wingers to the minors for a guy who can't guarentee them atleast 50 games.

Nylander?

Nylander?

No movement clause, can't be traded, bought out, waived

That's the problem with a chronic injury like this; even if you succeed in keeping one aspect of it in decent shape (eg. the collapse of the boot inside the boot) you're creating incredible stresses elsewhere.