Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mm705

sherwood momentum

has anybody on here tried one of these? basically im interested in how the feel compares to a standard ops. im thinking about picking one up but i really cant stand the feel of most ops. obv its a little bit heavier and such, but has it worked out? how has it affected shooting, stickhandling etc.? would you buy again?

try it i have one too and it amazing!!!!! last me about 7 month (i play bantam AA full contact league)for about 10h to 20h per week so the durabillity is awsome!!!!

and yes the feel is way better then a lot of ops

Anyone been to any pro-juniors games lately? I was at one recently and was amazed at how many of the players were using the Momentum sticks.

In fact, those NOT using a Momentum had their manufacterer's names blacked out on the stick - which makes me wonder if Sher-Wood struck a deal with some of the teams in the NAHL.

In the latest hockey news they showed some of the pros playing (whereever) and I noticed a few of them using it too.

So, it must not be that bad of a stick.

Sher-wood has a deal with the entire NAHL, saying that players can only use Sher-wood sticks. If they use a different stick, they have to blackout the companies name.

Sher-wood has a deal with the entire NAHL, saying that players can only use Sher-wood sticks. If they use a different stick, they have to blackout the companies name.

At least they have that option, unlike the AHL.

try it i have one too and it amazing!!!!! last me about 7 month (i play bantam AA full contact league)for about 10h to 20h per week so the durabillity is awsome!!!!

and yes the feel is way better then a lot of ops

10-20hrs a week??that is like 3 hours a day...or at least 1.5 hours a day. If you really did play that much then i would definately say to buy this stick, if your lookingfor durability, cuz that is a lot of hockey.

"I have one, the feel is incredible.....Just dont like the curve :(

If your interested pm me...85 flex RH Havlat curve"

Thanks, but I should pass - I'd likely snap an 85 (I'm sort of the hefty sort), plus I already have 6 sticks - need to work through some of those first before I go and blow even more money.

"Sher-wood has a deal with the entire NAHL, saying that players can only use Sher-wood sticks. If they use a different stick, they have to blackout the companies name."

Ah..... see? That WOULD explain it then, wouldn't it. Very interesting.

and yes the feel is way better then a lot of  ops

10-20hrs a week??that is like 3 hours a day...or at least 1.5 hours a day. If you really did play that much then i would definately say to buy this stick, if your lookingfor durability, cuz that is a lot of hockey.

he may never touch the puck though, so therefore wouldn't do too much damage to his stick...but my brother has two, and seems to like them. they've been pretty good to him

there not even allowed to blacken out sticks. if you get caught using a non-sher-wood stick you will get fined 500 dollars, and automatic one game suspension.

there not even allowed to blacken out sticks. if you get caught using a non-sher-wood stick you will get fined 500 dollars, and automatic one game suspension.

Really? I've been to 3 NAHL games this year, and have seen many players using Synergy's and the Easton part is blacked out. Do the teams just not care that they are using other sticks even though they aren't supposed to?

Really? I've been to 3 NAHL games this year, and have seen many players using Synergy's and the Easton part is blacked out. Do the teams just not care that they are using other sticks even though they aren't supposed to?

Ditto.