Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExitTwoEighty

Mission Wicked Light Classic Roller Hockey Skates

DaveTheWave, what is this mysterious Nike/Bauer and Mission "thing" that you keep hinting at? Spit it out.

I believe he is referring to a buy out/merger thing that went down where Mission was acquired by Nike-Bauer, or is it just Bauer now? Heck if I know!

not mysterious at all. Well documented. Just nobody seems to know how the mission roller line will work out with Bauer at the command and what they may do or destroy of missions.

What is apparently known is that mission wont be producing Ice boots any longer.

Well if they make the NME in roller you could convert it easy and without worry but no one knows.

As to Dave. I agree with a lot of what he said. Current boots seem to be lacking in long term durability. I just picked up a pair of pro tacks today as for under 100.00 I know the boot will last me a couple of years and is a proven durable well made boot. If these boots will last and are well made like the originals I see less of an issue spending good money on them given the CRAP that many boot makers are producing as their flag ship skates. Eastons issues with S15 and CCMs issues with U+ to name a few.

I have a dilemma. Do I buy these now and ensure that I can find my size even though I can't use them for another4-5 months?

or

Do I wait till they come down in price but risk not having the stock?

I have a dilemma. Do I buy these now and ensure that I can find my size even though I can't use them for another4-5 months?

or

Do I wait till they come down in price but risk not having the stock?

Why do you have to wait 4-5 months? If you can afford to wait that long (because you have enough money or because your roller season doesn't start until then or something) then wait. But if you can't, then go for them. You getting proper sizes and a good deal all has to deal with how many of these skates Mission will be making and how much demand there is for them. I'm guessing you will see a drop in price sometime down the line, but no way of knowing just how far down the line we're talking. I think I bought my Proto VSIs for $300 when they first came out. At the time, that was a good chunk of change, and the Wiked Lites were even more. But the skate is undeniably a good one. Who cares if it's an old model? You're getting a skate that is as good, possibly better than most of the stuff out there now. As long as it's new and is an exact re-production of the old line, you can't go wrong IMHO.

These are the exact boots as the original, but with a new chassis. They are an SMU for HG.
sweet!

so... any chance someone could talk Mission into remaking Flyweight shafts?

though I can't use them for another4-5 months?

Why do you have to wait 4-5 months?

I got another 5ish months of rehab ahead of me :(

I think I may as well get them and drool with anticipation till i can play again.. or even skate again :)

I think I may as well get them and drool with anticipation till i can play again.. or even skate again :)

Ohh, gottcha. Well, get 'em and wear them around the house. They'll be broken in real nice for your first game.

are these 76 76 80 80 or 72 72 80 80?

Picture shows them with Vanguard chassis's, so 76-76-80-80. Says "Penetrator" chassis in the description though. Not sure what that is, but it sounds hot.

Would love if someone could confirm the wheel configuration of these...HiLo or Vanguard?

How about giving them a call at the toll free number so that they might end all the mystery! 800.633.5999

Would love if someone could confirm the wheel configuration of these...HiLo or Vanguard?

It was mentioned a few times in this thread, but...vanguard is 80-80-76-76.

It'd be a cool for you to use as a motivator to get your rehab stuff done. But I wouldn't impulse buy $400 skates in a recession. Chances are the skates will be around when you're done. Just me.

does anyone know if this the wicked light and proto vsi will come with a mag or aluminum chassis? and also how much of a difference is there between the two chassis besides like $90

does anyone know if this the wicked light and proto vsi will come with a mag or aluminum chassis? and also how much of a difference is there between the two chassis besides like $90

I think we've discussed that they both appear to come with a Vanguard (80x2, 76x2) aluminum. As far difference, beside the $, mags are supposed to be lighter and stronger. I believe they are lighter, how much, ehhhhhh. As far as stronger, I've seen mag chassis crack where aluminums bend, so take your pick.

Some pictures from the local giant.

the sick part is I recognized the barcode as hockeygiant before i saw the logo in the second picture. I've worked there too long :P :(

Those frames look as if they stick out pretty far especially in front don't they??

Even though the picture is blurry, it looks like it says 6.0 D, if so it's not suprising the frame sticks out a bit.