Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExitTwoEighty

Mission Wicked Light Classic Roller Hockey Skates

My wicked 1 boot is going soft in the sole... if they sold these boots I'd be all over it and slap the mag vanguard chassis on them.

As it stands I have a pair of one90s I never use for ice that I might put the vanguard on.

My wicked 1 boot is going soft in the sole... if they sold these boots I'd be all over it and slap the mag vanguard chassis on them.

As it stands I have a pair of one90s I never use for ice that I might put the vanguard on.

DO IT!!! I put the Black Wicked 1 chassis on my Supreme 70's. They're light as all hell and look nice!

DO IT!!! I put the Black Wicked 1 chassis on my Supreme 70's. They're light as all hell and look nice!

I'm going to take them to ice free skate today to see if I like them, the one time I skated on them they hurt my feet but it was the first time though so...

I'm going to take them to ice free skate today to see if I like them, the one time I skated on them they hurt my feet but it was the first time though so...

If you haven't bake your 90's yet, then prepare to be punished. I would highly recommend baking your 90's being that they are incredibly stiff. Even if you have to use a hair dryer you can go that route.

If you haven't bake your 90's yet, then prepare to be punished. I would highly recommend baking your 90's being that they are incredibly stiff. Even if you have to use a hair dryer you can go that route.

I've baked them and they were good in free skate yesterday except for my arches but I got a graf sole insert.

The wicked ones have to be the most stiff skate out there, these things felt like pillows compared to them.

I've baked them and they were good in free skate yesterday except for my arches but I got a graf sole insert.

The wicked ones have to be the most stiff skate out there, these things felt like pillows compared to them.

True Story. I've skated on a pair that were heatbaked....felt likemy ankles were grinding against cinderblocks. I thought that it may just be a harsh break in period until i heard people talking about how their skates still felt like that 3 months later when they skate 3-4 times a week.

Eek!

True Story. I've skated on a pair that were heatbaked....felt likemy ankles were grinding against cinderblocks. I thought that it may just be a harsh break in period until i heard people talking about how their skates still felt like that 3 months later when they skate 3-4 times a week.

Eek!

I had a problem with them the at first but I saw a suggestion about wearing panty hose under your socks to prevent blisters. I went with knee highs as the tights were a little too gay for me but after doing that for a week or two I was good to go. I'm rough on skates though for some reason as I tear up every mission boot I use but I've heard the one90s last longer.

I saw the VSI's and Wicked Light's firsthand and some observations:

Chassis graphics aren't of the best quality - look cheap/ easily rubbed off

No brand on the insoles

Felt heavier than the previous versions - chassis and bigger wheels probably made this so

Outsole isn't graphite weave like before - it's the same stuff as the HE950's - hard plastic

Otherwise they look good!

I saw the VSI's and Wicked Light's firsthand and some observations:

Chassis graphics aren't of the best quality - look cheap/ easily rubbed off

No brand on the insoles

Felt heavier than the previous versions - chassis and bigger wheels probably made this so

Outsole isn't graphite weave like before - it's the same stuff as the HE950's - hard plastic

Otherwise they look good!

The insoles seem identical to some of the older mission insoles only without graphics (not sure which model).

Since the originals had a carbon fibre frame it isn't suprising at all that the newer ones feel heavier.

I'm not entirely sure what the HE950 outsole was made of (all I could find out was it was called "sensory 2") the new VSI's have a "nylon mesh" outsole that feels a bit like the glass mesh outsole of the mission soldiers.

I guess not as many people would be willing to pay as much now for a skate that came out 8 years ago so they changed a few small things to keep the cost down a little. It's still a nice skate though.

PS: One of my mates ordered a pair as soon as I told him about them. He couldn't be happier with them and is now planning on converting his original pair to ice skates :)

I have the original wl's and the new version doesn't look like it has the side bumpers for floor burn. Can anyone confirm? Also, I was interested in maybe trying the VSI just to save some bucks. Do they fit the same as the wl's. I never got to try the first gen.

I have the original wl's and the new version doesn't look like it has the side bumpers for floor burn. Can anyone confirm? Also, I was interested in maybe trying the VSI just to save some bucks. Do they fit the same as the wl's. I never got to try the first gen.

are you talking about the mini shocks? like in this picture? http://www.londonskaters.com/images/reviews/P7300016a.jpg

No, but if you look at the area where the ball of the foot would be; kinda like where the neon "G" would be if they were a graf skate. There's a small plastic "tile" that takes the brunt of floor burn.

I have no idea on mission sizing... I always hear they go by shoe size but I wear a 9 and my brothers old pair are way to tight. I want a pair of those VS, on sale for 119 at hockeyoverstock.com

any ideas on the sizing of these?

I never had WLs but I'm not positive they ever had a "sidebumper" on them to prevent burn. My VSIs had a feltish piece that held up very well over the 5+ years I actively used them. Held up much better than the plastic bumpers they use now IMO.

As far as fit, I'm a 10 foot and my WSIs were 9s and fit very well. All my Missions are actually 9s and I have a wide, almost flat foot.

I never had WLs but I'm not positive they ever had a "sidebumper" on them to prevent burn. My VSIs had a feltish piece that held up very well over the 5+ years I actively used them. Held up much better than the plastic bumpers they use now IMO.

As far as fit, I'm a 10 foot and my WSIs were 9s and fit very well. All my Missions are actually 9s and I have a wide, almost flat foot.

I bought a pair of WLs in a 10. I wear a shoe size 10. When I tried them on they felt like they fit but it didn't have that snug feel where I can feel my big toe nail scratch the front of the boot. I could wiggle my toes. When I pushed my foot all the way to the front there is a small gap where I can fit my pointing finger between my heel and the back of the boot. You think if I go down a 1/2 size it will give me that snug fit I'm looking for? I'm just concerned that if I stay with the 10 and the boot breaks in that my foot will be loose in the skate. Anyone that has the WLs that can give me their US shoe size and WL size?

Airhockey21 - I just recieved mine yesterday, which by the way felt amazing last night. High arch which I will have to get used to, but def. the best/fastest skate I have been on in years.

Anyway... I am a shoe size 9.5. I ordered the WL's in a 9 and they are the perfect fit. Pretty snug, and with a little breakin, it will be a glove.

For what its worth, my old old old Mission MOD 4's were a 8.5. After fully broken in they were super tight, but I fit. I personally feel a half size smaller is perfect for most with Missions (pre 2010 new sizing).

-Jimmy

Hey airhockey, just a quick update. I took my skates to a hockey shop and had them baked for 4 minutes. Worked great, and I am 100% sure that a half size down from shoe size was the way to go, atleast for me.

-Jim

But wait...didn't you already bake them? Can they still be returned?

After some thinking you can order from hockeyoverstock and then return those skates from HO back to HG!