Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleT96

Toe-Pulls

toe drags are retarded anyways, i've never been toe dragged in my life. Its too easy to see it coming. Basically if you try to toe drag on me ur gettin laid out, end of story

toe drags are retarded anyways, i've never been toe dragged in my life. Its too easy to see it coming. Basically if you try to toe drag on me ur gettin laid out, end of story

No offense, but I've played against some guys in Michigan that you wouldn't lay out....and they aren't even top caliber players, just very good.

If Nic Lidstrom can get toe dragged, then you can get toe dragged.

:lol: coming from a guy with the screen name "don'tdumpdangle" :lol:

:lol: coming from a guy with the screen name "don'tdumpdangle" :lol:

Haha, I didnt say i dont do it, I just said you're not toe draggin on me. No lie, never been toe dragged in any hockey of any kind what so ever, and i've played with guys who are in the nhl

No offense, but I've played against some guys in Michigan that you wouldn't lay out....and they aren't even top caliber players, just very good.

I might not lay them out, but they're not gettin by with a drag

I'm not going to speak for everyone, but I general, I don't think most players are planning to use a toe pull as their primary move if they're coming one on one with an opposing player. If there's an opportunity to deke or skate around a guy, I think most will. But as was mentioned earlier, they can be very effective when trying to alter the shot angle of the puck and can be a good way of positioning an opposing player for a screen.

However, sometimes, I find a toe drag can be more of an instinctive reaction, not just a retarded move...

Here's a clip of Semin rock'n a nice toe drag against Kovalchuk (decent player last i checked)

(I think the Caps should look into getting a new color commentator..."curl and drag supreme-o!" WTF??)

As a defensemen who can get a penalty for taking the body in these types of leagues sometimes you have to rough up a guy to let him know if he wants to put on moves there is a price to pay. Stopping a toe drag while skating backwards and then trying to shift laterally with the puck can be very difficult to do. Just using your stick to poke check can make you look very foolish. Take the body, doesn't have to be a hit, force the player to keep moving laterally without the puck.

As a defensemen who can get a penalty for taking the body in these types of leagues sometimes you have to rough up a guy to let him know if he wants to put on moves there is a price to pay. Stopping a toe drag while skating backwards and then trying to shift laterally with the puck can be very difficult to do. Just using your stick to poke check can make you look very foolish. Take the body, doesn't have to be a hit, force the player to keep moving laterally without the puck.

Completely agree on everything said

Definately ean effective move on those defenseman who don't play the body, and can work on anyone if done right. Use whatever is going to get you into a better position to make a play or score. As long as you're not showboating then they shouldn't care.

You should contact Sheldon Souray then, he's been toe dragged a bunch of times, and seeing how he makes millions of dollars to play defense in the NHL, he'd probably pay you a bunch to teach him how to defend such a retarded move.

The only problem I've seen in rec leagues is if there is a guy who can do it he will try it about 10 times a game. Once I can understand, it is an effective move. By the 10th time the entire team wants to knock all of your teeth out. And the guys who try moves like that 10 times a game are usually the guys who wind up getting blasted and fade into oblivion because their game doesn't translate as they get older and lose their speed(get married, have kids, get fat).

You should contact Sheldon Souray then, he's been toe dragged a bunch of times, and seeing how he makes millions of dollars to play defense in the NHL, he'd probably pay you a bunch to teach him how to defend such a retarded move.

Souray is also a career minus 40. He gets payed to be on the power play. Bad example

Souray is also a career minus 40. He gets payed to be on the power play. Bad example

All the more reason for you to let him know how to play defense, since you've never been toe dragged in your life and all.

All the more reason for you to let him know how to play defense, since you've never been toe dragged in your life and all.

haha, true

Actually, his example clearly makes the point...

Actually, his example clearly makes the point...

souray's garbage defensively, show me a clip of a solid defensive player getting dragged. some one said earlier that lidstrom gets dragged. show me a clip of that

Just to be clear, you're saying that anyone who is occasionally beaten one-on-one by the most offensively gifted hockey players on the planet is "garbage."

I assume you're consigning yourself and everyone else outside of an NHL roster to the bin, too.

Just to be clear, you're saying that anyone who is occasionally beaten one-on-one by the most offensively gifted hockey players on the planet is "garbage."

I assume you're consigning yourself and everyone else outside of an NHL roster to the bin, too.

Who is one of the most offensively gifted players on the planet? Also there are alot of good moves out there, the toe drag isn't one of them is what im saying. (side note: just because a guy's in the NHL doesn't make him "great". Example: Hal Gill and Colton Orr have no business being in today's nhl)

I dont get why people get pissed when they get beat by a skill move, executed by a good player. Any good hockey player practices getting better at the game and put that practice to use during matches. There is no reason why some guy who hasn't and won't put in the work should get mad for getting burned. Players playing down in leagues is another matter, but just because you can't do it doesnt make something a hotdog move.

Who is one of the most offensively gifted players on the planet? Also there are alot of good moves out there, the toe drag isn't one of them is what im saying. (side note: just because a guy's in the NHL doesn't make him "great". Example: Hal Gill and Colton Orr have no business being in today's nhl)

I was thinking specifically of Spezza, whose 'Junior D' toe-drag around Souray (back in Montreal) is usually the one that gets trotted out to make him look bad. I'm not saying Spezza's in the top 10, but he's certainly in the top 100, and that's pretty high up the worldwide hockey depth-chart.

Fair enough, in general; I would, however, suggest that Colton Orr's hockey skills, while certainly not up to snuff in the NHL, are well up there against the general hockey population simply by virtue of having spent god knows how many thousands of hours being paid to fool around on the ice. I've yet to skate with anyone who had any kind of a career who didn't show off a pretty impressive skillset against lesser competition.

I've played with a guy who was a pro hockey goon in every sense of the word. Led the his ECHL in penalty minutes a few times. Our men's league team invited another team and rented the ice when there was a long gap between games, and he was one of our ringers, along with the son of one of our team members who's a pretty serious prospect for pro hockey.

He dominated the game, despite not having played in a couple years, he was doing all sorts of skill moves and such that embarrassed us. Here he is, an ECHL tough guy, and playing with us looks like Nick Lidstrom.

Hal Gill and Colton Orr are capable of playing in the NHL. If a tough guy from the ECHL can make a men's league team look foolish, an NHL tough guy could destroy you.

A comment like this is just plain ignorant. As you said, neither of them are top flight players, but they're in the effing NHL. If anyone of us try to play against either of the guys you mentioned, we would get dominated. I mean Brashear is in the NHL, and though he doesn't light it up when he plays, I'd put my money on him that'd he light the majority of us up in a game of posts any day.