Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Stick Help Please

Tring to decide on new stick. Looking for some info from you guys who are using these sticks. Im using vapor XXXX now I have a mac daddy for backup. I was waiting for 10k to come out but I just read a post saying its a fused one piece and the blade seems to fall apart like the u+. I want something lite with a good kick point that does'nt fall apart in a month. Im interested in the S17, SE16, 10k, One95 and Montreal nitro lite. Ive tried the montreal the U+ and one95. Montreal felt the best, IMO.

S17 is not,mac daddy is not, montreal is not and I think vapoor xxxx and one 95 are not. reeboks are, dolomites are, anyways i know its personal preference but im looking for people with these sticks to give me some info. For example breakage problems if they get good kick ect.

Why are you asking us if the Montreal is the best stick for you??

Im not!!! Out of those 3 I tried I liked the montreal the best!!! ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND!!! IF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IS USING ANY OF THE STICKS IM INTERESTED IN "S17, SE16, 10k, One95 and Montreal nitro lite" AND HAVE ANY OPINIONS ON HOW IT PERFORMS BAD OR GOOD LET ME KNOW. I KNOW ITS PP, I KNOW ITS PP, I KNOW ITS PP, I KNOW ITS PP!!!!!! THX

I believe you are just asking for basic feedback on anyone who has used any of these sticks? Correct?

I have used the Montreal and I like it a lot! I feel it was better balanced and had better feel than the Rbk 7K, and One90., I can't speak for the One95, 10k or the Easton's, as I have not tried them.

I don't think the Montreal receive's a lot of credit but that is probably do to a lack of marketing as compared to the powerhouses on the block, i.e easton, bauer, Rbk, etc.

I suggest that you search for each of the sticks you are interested in and then gather your feedback that way. just a suggestion.

the new 10k is fused then they put another layer of graphite or kevlar or whatever material they use over it so u don't have to worry about that same with the 8.0.8

I've been using the S17 Sakic Curve for 6 months and I love it. Shot is incredibly accurate. I thought I'd try out the Warrior Dolomite (Draper Curve, same as Sakic), I don't think it compares to the S17. I'm small (5'7 125lbs) so I use an intermediate 65 flex. I get a lot more power and accuracy in my wristers, snaps and slapshots from the S17, but it could be that I'm just used to it.

No problems with breakage so far and I have 2 of them. The tape (Renfrew) does peel off the outer shiny layer of composite on the blade I noticed. I'm sure that will be a problem soon. It's only happened to one of my S17's so maybe it's a defect.

Im not!!! Out of those 3 I tried I liked the montreal the best!!! ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND!!! IF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IS USING ANY OF THE STICKS IM INTERESTED IN "S17, SE16, 10k, One95 and Montreal nitro lite" AND HAVE ANY OPINIONS ON HOW IT PERFORMS BAD OR GOOD LET ME KNOW. I KNOW ITS PP, I KNOW ITS PP, I KNOW ITS PP, I KNOW ITS PP!!!!!! THX

Just a quick question...do you know its PP?

It seems only 2 of you know how to reply to a post. Thx yianni and beaver, good to know about the s17 thats one of my top choices. And forth line the funny man and your not so funny humor. Alot of the post put up on here I see the reply of its all personal preference! "PP" I would think we all should know that by now but I keep seeing it posted. I was tring to save everyone the trouble of posting it. Im looking for other peoples opinions and maybe there PP.

It seems only 2 of you know how to reply to a post. Thx yianni and beaver, good to know about the s17 thats one of my top choices. And forth line the funny man and your not so funny humor. Alot of the post put up on here I see the reply of its all personal preference! "PP" I would think we all should know that by now but I keep seeing it posted. I was tring to save everyone the trouble of posting it. Im looking for other peoples opinions and maybe there PP.

Ummmmmmmm..................but someone else's preference may not match your preference, hence the "personal" portion of the phrase.

One95 is the way to go.

^^ +1 for one95.

Way better than any easton I've used (ST, SE) and the durability has been fantastic. Awesome kick as well, much better than the XXXX. Those 2 NBH sticks are worlds apart (and I realize they are made for different purposes).

One95 is the way to go.

^^ +1 for one95.

Way better than any easton I've used (ST, SE) and the durability has been fantastic. Awesome kick as well, much better than the XXXX. Those 2 NBH sticks are worlds apart .

Warriorsdman,

Could you expand on the statement, "and I realize they are made for different purposes". Are you simply referring to kickpoints or something else?

Thanks

Ummmmmmmm..................but someone else's preference may not match your preference, hence the "personal" portion of the phrase.

Im not tring to match anyones preference, just get opinions before i make my choice.

One95 is the way to go.

^^ +1 for one95.

Way better than any easton I've used (ST, SE) and the durability has been fantastic. Awesome kick as well, much better than the XXXX. Those 2 NBH sticks are worlds apart (and I realize they are made for different purposes).

ST is not in the same class as one95 so you can't compare the to, also which SE did you try? New Se16 or old Se? Is the one95 compairable to one90 because it seems like the same stick but new paint. And the one90 wasn't that great.

The one95 is a lot less rigid feeling than the one90. It is whippier, and the blade feels different. However, since you said that you thought the Montreal felt best, why would you have to ask for input? Anyone could give you their opinion (One95 has been the best stick I've used), but what feels good to me doesn't really matter if you already say the Montreal was best for you.

Trust me if you can wait for the 10k do it it doesn't matter that it's a 2 piece fused stick I've been using one for my past 4 skates, its got a beautiful kick to it.

The one95 is a lot less rigid feeling than the one90. It is whippier, and the blade feels different. However, since you said that you thought the Montreal felt best, why would you have to ask for input? Anyone could give you their opinion (One95 has been the best stick I've used), but what feels good to me doesn't really matter if you already say the Montreal was best for you.

Montreal was the best ive tried but I haven't tried any eastons or the 10k and the one95 i just tried in warm ups.

The s17 won't last you to long i broke the end of the blade off of mine in 1 month got my warranty and cracked the blade in half in 9 days. Never broken a stick before the warranty was up in my life before the s17.

Hey...You asked. So what makes you think the One95 is a repainted One90? IMO of you want durability, the

S17 is garbage. The Vapor XXXX is garbage too. My lil cousin (he's 165lbs soaking wet) has gone thru THREE XXXX's since Mid Feb. I'm using a One95 shaft with the One95 blade in diff flexes. Great combo in my opinion. The only OPS sticks I keep around is an Easton Stealth CNT and a couple TPS XN10 chromes. I've heard good things about Ballistik sticks as well.

Montreal was the best ive tried but I haven't tried any eastons or the 10k and the one95 i just tried in warm ups.

I used the se, se16, st, and s17 and while I got decent results with them, the st was the only easton stick that I got good performance that lasted. s17 blades broke down very quick, and the ses wore out and broke fast as well.

I haven't used the 10k or U+, mostly because of ccm/rbk's reputation for weak blades, and I never liked the way the vapor xxxx sticks felt, but the one95 gave me the best performance while still holding up a long time after heavy use.

Hey...You asked. So what makes you think the One95 is a repainted One90? IMO of you want durability, the

S17 is garbage. The Vapor XXXX is garbage too. My lil cousin (he's 165lbs soaking wet) has gone thru THREE XXXX's since Mid Feb. I'm using a One95 shaft with the One95 blade in diff flexes. Great combo in my opinion. The only OPS sticks I keep around is an Easton Stealth CNT and a couple TPS XN10 chromes. I've heard good things about Ballistik sticks as well.

Not sure the one95 is a repainted one90 but it felt similar. When i shot with the one90 i would get that ringing feeling thru the shaft and my hands! Are you gettting that with the one95.