Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncbrock

Im done with warrior

Well I was a happy warrior user until about last week. First my "new" about 4 month old mac daddy broke on a slapshot, i was experiencing flex's and i guess 75 was too little. snapped above my hand and below my hand. Then 2 nights ago I was at practice and took another slapshot and the blade to my other macdaddy broke off. But luckily i can still use the stick as the blade i broke was a blade i put on a shaft. After those 2 incedents im done with warrior sticks. I swore by them, but now their longetivity isnt my thing

P4130413.jpg

P4260067.jpg

Wow, I've never seen a stick break like that. Worst I've seen was one break on a slapshot, and the following through of the bottom half of the stick shattered the attacking wingers stick. But never in two places from one shot.

yes. definatly too flexy. really i felt like i was gone break it every slap shot, finally happened i guess. I tried a 100, felt good but a little stiff, i like 85's cut down a little. a 90 would be perfect for me.

I've broken countless Innovative and Warriors, they all break the same way, slap shots, I don't know why they break like that but i'm assuming it's from the way they are made, that being said they perform excellent until they do finally blow apart.

I've been using Warrior shafts, blades and OPS' for a couple years now and have never had a problem. In fact, I have found them to be quite durable. Just my .02

I've been using Warrior shafts, blades and OPS' for a couple years now and have never had a problem. In fact, I have found them to be quite durable. Just my .02

yes, i loved them until they broke, that yellow mac daddy is as old as they have been out, i got it about the first week they were available to public. with only a blade breaking its pretty good forhow old it is, im planning on putting another blade on it too

Try an AK-27 shaft/blade combo. I have had my AK shafts for over a year now and no complaints/breaks. I have x2 110 Pro Stock shafts and x1 100 retail shaft. All three have perform as well as could be expected.

yes, i loved them until they broke, that yellow mac daddy is as old as they have been out, i got it about the first week they were available to public. with only a blade breaking its pretty good forhow old it is, im planning on putting another blade on it too

So the yellow one has lasted you for a while an the other one just broke - it could have been from a bad batch. And you're ready to give up on them completely?

I love my Dolo's. I have one from the old-style graphics, an 85 flex, and it has lasted me a while. I have a 75, and the blade is splitting on the heel already after like a month or so. I know 75 isn't too flexy, and I don't take any slappers really. OH well, just chalk it up to a bad batch.

-Double Post-

LOL My 75flex snapped at the same spot as your Clark12. It was 32 days from purchase date and thankfully Warrior warrantied it. Been using my replacement for a few months now, no problems *knocks on wood*

Not to be rude, but if you admit that 75 flex is too flexy, and you prefer 85-90 flex, than you can't really blame the stick manufacturer about the stick breaking, if you bought too light of a flex, right?

i didnt think so at first.

but i freaking cut my new 8k a little too short now i have to put an extention on it -.-

Well I was a happy warrior user until about last week. First my "new" about 4 month old mac daddy broke on a slapshot, i was experiencing flex's and i guess 75 was too little. snapped above my hand and below my hand. Then 2 nights ago I was at practice and took another slapshot and the blade to my other macdaddy broke off. But luckily i can still use the stick as the blade i broke was a blade i put on a shaft. After those 2 incedents im done with warrior sticks. I swore by them, but now their longetivity isnt my thing

P4130413.jpg

P4260067.jpg

haha dude theres the o-stick shaft i gave you

My friend broke 2 spynes, he treats his sticks pretty well. I got a lot of flak from my teammates for putting the blade of the spyne in the back of the net. Other then that though I have literally never seen a warrior break.

P4130413.jpg

P4260067.jpg

haha dude theres the o-stick shaft i gave you

shhh dont tell people.

And another one bites the dust...

macdaddy.jpg

Broke in the exact same place as both of my Dolomites. Is this is a common breaking point on Warrior sticks? I must be a glutton for punishment as I'm going to buy a few more Warrior sticks, as much as I hate breaking them I love how they feel and how they perform.

I had a dolo Spyne ops that split along the bottom of the blade fairly quickly, but haven't had any problems with the dolo spyne blade that I put into a mission z-2 shaft. I'm thoroughly enjoying my new vapor xxxx though so I'll probably stay away from warrior sticks for a while.

I've broken a bunch of innos at that spot, a pro stock at that point and a johnson shaft at that point... mostly on slapshots except for the johnson.

I picked up a broken Mac Daddy that looked pretty similar to Clark12's when I rescued it from the locker room trash. I gave it a home SRS-like fix (just to see if I could) using an old blade tenon and some JB Weld. It's held up through 6 months now.

I don't know if you want to go the home route, but if you like the feel of the Mac Daddy's they can be saved.

Back to the original poster, and everyone else in this post for that matter: A stick that is too flexible isn't more fragile than say, a 100. I'd bet a fair amount of money that Brett Hull is stronger than you but didn't seem to have a problem using 80 flex Z-Bubbles.