Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

I've had four full days with the actual game and don't waste your money if you play offline only. It's NHL 10 v2.0.

I've had four full days with the actual game and don't waste your money if you play offline only. It's NHL 10 v2.0.

You clearly don't understand how Sports games work.

I went to Wal-Mart last night and grabbed it at midnight. So far I've created my own player and my own team, not much worth noting here as it's pretty much the same as it was in the past. I wish they would do create a team like NCAA football does where you can add your own logo and everything, that would be way cooler than having to use the shit logo's they offer in game.

Shitloads of new gloves but no 4500. HOW IS THIS EVEN LOGIC? I'm sure more than 50% NHLers wear it yet they removed it from the game for no freaking reason

You clearly don't understand how Sports games work.

I do and without competition this year I think EA packed it in.

Shitloads of new gloves but no 4500. HOW IS THIS EVEN LOGIC? I'm sure more than 50% NHLers wear it yet they removed it from the game for no freaking reason

Haha so how's the equipment part?? I remember playing 09 for my first time(Little brother, he wanted Wii). I see the gear and spend a good 15 minutes playing around with it, my friends get insanely pissed off.."It's just equipment get over it!!" "It is NOT!!"

On another note, are there any Wii users who are planning to get NHL Slapshot? I hate having the Wii, but I need some hockey games, and NHL 2k10's repetitiveness is killing me. Only perk is being able to kick everyone else's ass since they all use Xbox/Ps3

UGH! i just got it and i cant play it... gotta go to practice dam practice

Somethings wrong if you would rather play a video game instead of going and playing real life hockey....

What are you talking about? This is the first year with all the CHL teams. That alone is reason to buy this game.

How are the Be a GM improvements in this game? When you draft players, do you have the option to send them to Junior instead of the AHL right away??

Haha so how's the equipment part?? I remember playing 09 for my first time(Little brother, he wanted Wii). I see the gear and spend a good 15 minutes playing around with it, my friends get insanely pissed off.."It's just equipment get over it!!" "It is NOT!!"

On another note, are there any Wii users who are planning to get NHL Slapshot? I hate having the Wii, but I need some hockey games, and NHL 2k10's repetitiveness is killing me. Only perk is being able to kick everyone else's ass since they all use Xbox/Ps3

As far as I can tell all the boost equipment is gone, thank god. More gloves and sticks, fewer of almost everything else. Also disapointed to see the 4500 gone. Makes no sense.

As far as I can tell all the boost equipment is gone, thank god. More gloves and sticks, fewer of almost everything else. Also disapointed to see the 4500 gone. Makes no sense.

That's pretty nice. I don't really get though, why they'd get rid of the 4500..

Hate the Ulitmate team, every game I've played they have 4-5 top notch NHLers and the best guy on my team is Pens prospect Tangradi! I bought a few packs to try to get some decent guys but no one! is there some trick? Its not even fun because games arent even close

I haven't bought the game yet, probably will tonight as I have bought every other EA NHL games when they came out but although it's cool to see the equipment that we presently find in the NHL, to me, it's not that important, if at all. While you play you don't even see much of it really except for a few close ups here and there in the animation before face offs and such. However, I'm not as much a gear whore as many here so it may be why it's not that important to me!

I'm just wondering if I should wait a few weeks before buying it as I'm not done playing Red Dead Redemption yet and NHL 2011 could interere with me finishing the game...

I purchased the game at Future Shop last night and It came with a free Crosby DVD (from 2 years ago...)

As I suspected, the game is crazy fun but the offence is too easy, I use to average 2 to 3 goals on online VS but now I light people up for 7 or 8 a game...

And no I'm not a glitcher, I actually try stuff real nhlers do, i think the big issue is defence for others, i slip by everybody...

The funny thing is, this game is so taylored to my style that its like I was on the dev team, I can pull off so many things I see nhlers do its not even funny, the skill stick is just too precice, even Dan Carccilo can deke Luongo like nothing wen in actuality he dont got that handle...

Overall I luv the new game, im 7 - 0 at online VS...

Hate the Ulitmate team, every game I've played they have 4-5 top notch NHLers and the best guy on my team is Pens prospect Tangradi! I bought a few packs to try to get some decent guys but no one! is there some trick? Its not even fun because games arent even close

My first game was nice and even, but then the next guy i played had a team full of NHLers. I was like... really? How is this fair? Although earlier in the day i did beat my friend with the Spitfires, he was the western all stars (Giguere was the starter, EA fail). I couldnt do that twice!

In other news i heard final countdown 10,000 times last night. WTF!

My first game was nice and even, but then the next guy i played had a team full of NHLers. I was like... really? How is this fair? Although earlier in the day i did beat my friend with the Spitfires, he was the western all stars (Giguere was the starter, EA fail). I couldnt do that twice!

In other news i heard final countdown 10,000 times last night. WTF!

yes its a short soundtrack but still cool