Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

Went fishing for FAs, got nostalgic, signed Forsberg and Naslund. Naslund still has a pretty good laser and got a hattie on the 4th line.

Looove the hip check. Kessel is waaaay too good in the game.

How do you do the flip the puck in the air move?

really? kessels been doing jack for me lol and its uhh ps3 terms L1 left stick up right stick up, but it has to be super precise coz sometimes i get another move

well I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy.. lol

Definitely. Makes it more realistic though. In my past few games Ive been just letting the goalie cover. I dont feel like the goalie passes are as quick and accurate as last year and Ive had a few quick turn overs from the tendy end up in an easy goal.

Looove the hip check. Kessel is waaaay too good in the game.

How do you do the flip the puck in the air move?

L1+UP = Flip the puck

L1+Down = Puck to skate

L1+Left and Right = Based on hand of player, it'll either be fore/back

Roll forehand (5 or 7 o'clock) + L1 to straight 10 or 2 o clock is a toe drag

Roll forehand + L1 + roll forehand from 5 or 7 oclock to 454 or 676 and he around the world's it

those are the main ones i really use

L1+UP = Flip the puck

L1+Down = Puck to skate

Roll forehand + L1 + roll forehand from 5 or 7 oclock to 454 or 676 and he around the world's it

I understand the first three. Maybe I'm a bit slow this AM, but the last two look like Latin to me. :unsure:

L1+UP = Flip the puck

L1+Down = Puck to skate

this ps3 or 360?

L1 sounds like it applies to PS3, however, they both old true I believe. Just change L1 for Left Bumper and you have the 360 controls.

Unless I skipped over it somewhere, can you turn autosave off this year? I hate tinkering with the roster a bit only to have it save itself.

Nope, as far as I know autosave is kept on. I would assume because of Ultimate Team and them not wanting people buying cards, not liking what they get, quitting, and doing it over again. Why couldn't they have made it an option for Be a GM though? I hate making trades and having it autosave. I like to tinker and figure out what the other team wants, but because we get no confirmation window, I keep two saves for things like that. Save over one and mess around with trades, that way I have one to revert to if I do something I don't like.

EDIT: Just realized NHL 11 doesn't autosave after trades anymore in Be a GM. Hallelujah.

That's good to know about the Be A GM mode. I haven't had many offers go thru once but I'm thinking Hornqvist and Blum for Pronger wasn't wasn't one I wanted kept saved.

Have played the game over the weekend. Not bad. Quite similar to 2010 but was to be expected. Like the new face offs, broken sticks and checking. Some players are too good though. Kessel is one of them and what bout Downie dipsy doodling all the way to the net as if he was Sydney Crosby. That pissed me off as it was the GWG for Tampa Bay!

However, I'm having some problems entering my code that's on the back of the booklet. Keeps giving me an error message that I entered the wrong code...

Why can I not score in this game??? I'm outshooting the AI something stupid like 5 to 1, and I'm losing 2-0. I turned the goalie reaction time down and shot speed up, but I can't beat the goalies for the life of me.

I'm pretty happy with the game overall though. The physics engine is pretty cool, I like the way the hits look, especially if you turn the power down a little bit. The game just seems more refined; better flow and the graphics look sharper. Be a GM has some decent improvements, but I'm disappointed in Be a Pro. Pretty much the only difference I've noticed is playing in the Memorial Cup and more XP for your player.

I can't score either

I've tried it all, playing the point, getting the puck in close, nothing seems to result in me scoring, yet I am dominating the other team on paper

I can't score either

I've tried it all, playing the point, getting the puck in close, nothing seems to result in me scoring, yet I am dominating the other team on paper

more hustle, better passing, and more aim and you will score

Just a word on rookie development.... It seems to be a lot higher depending on the player this year. I drafted a guy in the 2nd round with B-, B-, and A potential. At the end of the AHL season, playing 1st line and power plays, he's grown by 34 attribute points. Last year a guy might grow by 10-15 if you were lucky. I've also got Magnus Paajarvi and he's grown by 17. They always seem to grow more after the playoffs are over, so I'm interested to see how this guy ends up. On the other hand it seems a little skewed with other players. Laraque has gained 16 attribute points while Ryan Kesler has only gained 4, so I'm not sure what's up with that...

Oh and if you're having difficulty scoring, try going back to tuner set 1.01. A ton of people are complaining on the EA forums about the latest tuner set making the goalies superhuman and taking away the variety of goals you could score. I went back to 1.01 and while I'm still having trouble, I'm actually scoring goals from the slot unlike before.

more hustle, better passing, and more aim and you will score

I'll try

I have a tendency to ALWAYS shoot top glove...always always

really gotta stop that shit

I'll try

I have a tendency to ALWAYS shoot top glove...always always

really gotta stop that shit

haha me too...but i just adjusted the sliders until it was challenging but still easy enough to score for me

Word of caution: Be a GM DOES save after you make an offer to a free agent. I put an offer on Jimmy Howard because I thought he was RFA and I wanted to see what I'd have to offer to Detroit.... turns out he was UFA and now I'm stuck with a 8-year, $5+ million dollar contract that I didn't even want to offer. Awesome.

I'm ashamed at how much I abuse going short-side high.

Don't think you need to be ashamed. The computer is scoring this way often enough, at least on me, for anyone to be ashamed of using it, at least against the computer.

I get some "real" goals as well, but when the computer pulls that "scores 2 goals in the last 5 mins to tie/take the lead" bullshit, out comes the bitch cheese.