Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

I found it fun actually. The gameplay was much harder to score (more fun for me). On the old games I could take a player up the ice using the puck control stick and weave my way through defenders and score a breakaway goal almost at will with fast players like Gaborik. Took me three periods to score my first goal in my first game, played a few, started a be a gm and its cool that rookies who never even played in the nhl are no longer asking for 8 million dollar 8 year contracts now. Seems like they fixed that problem too.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it seems like you can have a different set up for each forward position and defense for OTP. This is a HUGE deal and they should have marketed it.

Now that I've played it for a while I can say it's better than NHL11 but there's really nothing groundbreaking. I like the updated physics engine the most; players move smoother and more realistically. Nice to see some life on the bench also.

i caught two errors already, goal horn on allstar game is not the right one, its suppose to be in ottawa but the horn is still Carolina...

and for crist sake, the menus on line changes still freeze on your screen

Not so impressed with NHL 12. I was really excited to play it yesterday, but turned it off after an hour or two. It feels just like NHL 11. And the two modes I always play, Be a GM and Be a Pro, are hardly touched. I really, really want 2K Sports to release another hockey game, otherwise NHL is going to go stale very quickly just like Madden did a few years ago.

im not happy with the game, the players can figure skate to much, glitch scorers are having a field day with the walk out of the corner goals..., all people do is go to the corner and figure skate out, even wen tired...

The puck is glued to there sticks...

im not happy with the game, the players can figure skate to much, glitch scorers are having a field day with the walk out of the corner goals..., all people do is go to the corner and figure skate out, even wen tired...

The puck is glued to there sticks...

figure skate?

you can adjust the Puck Control slider too yaknow

i forgot how much i hate playing online VS...i'll dominate a team in all facets of the game, and thenget beaten because all the other guy does is score glitch goals....so freaking annoying.

I stopped buying NHL series because they just rehash the game from last year and improve the graphics. Reading this thread shows me I made the right choice to not buy it until at least Christmas when they are on sale. There needs to be an NHL 2k again so that it forces developers to really put some new features into the game instead of just relabeling last years game for the most part.

Now if you excuse me, I'm waiting for Gears of War 3 :wink:

can any one explain how when im playing online if i get bumped my player coughs up the puck but if Pheanuef hits them they skate right by and dance around?

can any one explain how when im playing online if i get bumped my player coughs up the puck but if Pheanuef hits them they skate right by and dance around?

thats exactly my problem with the game, the skating is ridiculous, guys cand change directions on a dime and turn in circles around you all they want, from the best to the worst guy, they can all dance around you...

Online vs is anoying now instead of being hard faught...

and they need to boost up pokechecking because right now, you cant but a stick in the lane and break up passes like last year...

and situations where someone like spezza is around the net wide open and is about to shoot, someone can just bump you from behind and you cant even shoot...

the physics engine is trash...

The physics just seem totally off in NHL 12 as compared to NHL 11. There seems to be a lot of those hits where you hit a guy head-on, and he somehow does a front flip.

I noticed a "glitch" (if you want to call it that too) when starting a Be a GM season. If you pick a team that's under the cap floor, and choose to start at the regular season instead of the draft, the CPU automatically ups all your players salaries by hundreds of thousands of dollars to make it over the cap floor. So for instance if you start with a team like the Islanders with $20+ million of cap space, when you start the game and the CPU ups the salaries, you end up with about $7 million. The only workaround so far is to start at the Entry Draft with the current rosters (so EDM has Nugent Hopkins, etc), and go through another draft. How did no one notice this in testing?????

Another thing, when you're sorting through the trade block, Winnipeg is between Anaheim and Boston, like all EA did was switch Atlanta with Winnipeg. How hard could it have been to re-alphabetize the list? Everytime I play NHL 12, I'm less and less impressed.

The problem is EA has the market, madden is the same way. Neither really improves each year. Look at sonys mlb the show vs mlb 2k line, they both care because they know most people will buy one. EA knows all us nhl fans will buy nhl 12 because its the only choice.

I will admit the be a pro is pretty cool and do enjoy that but playing the computer gets boring afterva while

all i know is that they messed up online vs, the physics engine is trash, the nhl 11 one was more authentic...

They should of concentrated there efforts into making you feel like you are in the actual stadiums, Montreal, Detroit, New York, places that you can distinguish on TV all look sound and feel the same...

You still cant beat a goaler 5 hole, unless its a deflection of course...

So many glitches:

-goal horn at all star game is wrong

-Menus still hang on the screen during play

-So much player and stick going thru each other, not even funny, collision detection is way off

-Same old garbage goals, even im guilty of em at times

Some things where done right:

-Loose puck on slapshots is a great inovation

-Live goalies is good too

-The goalie controls are way better

Over all, if I could get my money back, I would because playing 11 on vs was so exciting, 12 will be a dust collector...

Now i really cant wait for NBA 2k12 to drop....

I don't ever play online versus, so I don't have many of the complaints most people do (and I don't wholeheartedly agree that there's such thing as "glitch" goals, but this might just be because I haven't played online and had to deal with people using them on me). Overall I'm loving NHL12 coming from 11. I like the physics better in general, especially the mechanics of skating which have become a little more realistic. Something small I noticed that I never saw in NHL11 (though it might have been there) is that they now show skates flexing when you skate (just a cool small detail). While I think the "live" goalies are a pretty good addition, they seem pretty buggy; goalies will sometimes somersault onto their backs at warp speed when barely bumped, and it's pretty annoying getting a goaltender interference call against me because someone pushed me into the crease (although I guess that's "realistic").

So many glitches:

-So much player and stick going thru each other, not even funny, collision detection is way off

This has always bothered me, though I think it's a little bit better than NHL11. Last night I poked the puck away from a guy who was behind the net while I stood basically in the crease. It was as if the back of the net was just a hologram.

There's one glitch that bothers me for some reason even though it's pretty small, and is something that was also in NHL11. The tendon guards of skates don't always change when you change the skates. Example: I had APX skates on, changed them to TOs, and the APX tendon guard still shows on the back of my leg. The only way to get them to change is to change the "sock tuck" option so they disappear and come back again (if that makes sense).

Now if you excuse me, I'm waiting for Gears of War 3 :wink:

This.

Was shuffling jerseys around for my team (Kings) and they wouldn't let me put someone as #20 (wasn't thinking) because it was retired. Very cool, I've been hoping for this since I was a kid.

Does anybody else have the problem that the game constantly freezes (xbox360) when you sim to the next day in season mode ? always happens after 10 games or so... i´ve already started 4 seasons, allways the same problem...

Some things where done right:

-Loose puck on slapshots is a great inovation

Except now if you try and do a fake slapshot, your player loses the puck behind them almost every time. I agree it's a good idea, but it's kind of annoying to not be able to fake a shot.

I love how I can now punish the goalie if he constantly freezes the puck. Quit wasting my time, goalie, or I will lay my vengeance upon you! :rolleyes:

Other than that, it's pretty much NHL 11½.