Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

florea_5

Best blade/shaft combo out there ?

I use the 77 and 87 flex.. I'm 235lbs and they're both not all that whippy. For me, a 77 flex OPS is more whippy than a shaft in the same flex

The shaft will be stiffer because the combo is 2" longer than the OPS.

Yes, the shaft/blade combo is longer than the OPS

Are we talking the one95?

If so, does anyone know if the x:60 combo is longer as well?

I don't have an x60 ops to compare but my 54" one95 tapered shafts with x60 blades come out to the same height as my one95 ops.

Are we talking the one95?

If so, does anyone know if the x:60 combo is longer as well?

The x:60 tapered blade has a shorter hosel compared to the standard One95 blade, so the x:60 combo will be shorter than the One95 combo setup. I guessing about 1.5"-2" shorter...

I have recently picked up a SE16 blade and paired it with an 8k shaft and Im baffled. Previously I used a dolo blade with the shaft and it has been performing well, however this is a completely new dimension of puck feel and precision. My one95 feels clunky compared to this combo, not in terms of puck feel, but in overall balance, shape and weight. Maybe it is me playing with a very low kickpoint combo or a bigger rounded shaft for the first time, but it performs very differently than my one95s. The blade is super stiff but gives great feedback on where the puck is. Stickhandling with my head up has not been this easy with any of my previous sticks/combos.

I heard bad things about the SE16 blade durability and this has yet to be seen since I have only 4-5 practices with it so far. I ordered 2 more blades just to be safe.

Highly recommended.

Has anyone successfully removed the grip from an 8K shaft?

Also, can someone comment on the puck feel of the ST blade? Does it pair well with a one95 shaft? Thanks.

Some have sanded it off, but say that it takes too long and leaves you without graphics. Your best bet is to probably sand it very lightly and then clearcoat over it.

Some have sanded it off, but say that it takes too long and leaves you without graphics. Your best bet is to probably sand it very lightly and then clearcoat over it.

Thanks. I tried sanding it a bit, but it wasn't really successful. I'm sure I could grind it down though. Any suggestions on clearcoat products?

Has anyone successfully removed the grip from an 8K shaft?

Also, can someone comment on the puck feel of the ST blade? Does it pair well with a one95 shaft? Thanks.

I used one in my One95 standard shaft & it fit snugly into the shaft right 'out of the box' (I've since moved it over to my ST shaft, as that is my primary stick since I like the shorter length - at least until I cut the One95 down a couple of inches). I liked the feel, but I've been using composite blades for years & started playing with a IDS roller hockey puck so I may not be the best judge.

Thanks. I tried sanding it a bit, but it wasn't really successful. I'm sure I could grind it down though. Any suggestions on clearcoat products?

for clearcoat, I've been using krylon products. There may be something better out there, but I haven't looked for it because the krylon stuff gets the job done.

I used to use Krylon "Paint for Plastics" on plenty of small car parts/accessories that I custom painted for my past vehicles. A light sanding, a couple coats, and you're good to go. It's worth a shot.

One of the guys at a lhs said the bauer rep explained that the intelisense technology is very minimal in the x60 shaft and that it is mainly just a low kick shaft. I am not sure if that is the case, but it was enough to get me to put the shaft and blade back. I just ordered the ops x:60 and I am really looking forward to trying it!

I pretty much knew that. Different flex zones is one thing. Higher or lower kickpoints is as well.

But a stick that flexes in different spots depending on hand placement? Don't think so.

Great stick as long as you can adjust to the flex. Personally, I'd go down a step for it to feel normal.

i clear coated my 10k and i noticed after the corners of the shaft had already worn off so i'd suggest just to sand the corners and then go over the entire shaft with clear coat.

Love the stick just wish the grip was like on mission titanium retail stick which i think is the best grip yet.

If I'm a big fan of the one95 shaft/blade combo, should I bother trying out the X:60 shaft? Are there any other tapered shafts that are thought to be better?

If I'm a big fan of the one95 shaft/blade combo, should I bother trying out the X:60 shaft? Are there any other tapered shafts that are thought to be better?

If you like the One95 combo, then the X60 combo is a whole different world. The feel of the blade is entirely different (and horrendous) and not liked by many. The kickpoint is much lower and it is almost as if they stiffened the shaft a lot in an attempt to make the kickpoint as low as possible. They play stiffer than rated and kick very odd.

One95 tapered shafts from TSR Hockey or Pure Hockey are wonderful. They have the shape of the X60 shaft, but the tactile grip and higher kickpoint of the One95. I love mine now that I'm used to it.