Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Obviously the "Venting Spot" has been very popular and it makes sense since it seems like there is always bad things happening to everyone, me included. I thought it would be good to have a place for people to post up good things that have happened to them lately.

I'll get it started:

Apparently the IRS will fix your return for you if you mess up even if it means that you get more money. My tax return went up $600 because of some error on my part. That is awesome. I figured that the government would just keep it, especially since they really need it now.

Edited by Hockeyman11385

Got my Kyocera cermanic knives today. They cost an arm and a leg, but worth every penny. I've never seen a knife that could go through bone with such ease and never lose anything on the edge. The only downside is they can't be suspended on a magnetic knife strip, so I'll have to work that one out.

Edited by RecLeagueHero

Just found an arena fairly close to home that keeps its ice in for almost 2 months later than the rink I've been going to. Also found a couple of good groups to skate with there. No more 2 month period with no hockey and no golf!

Having 3 classes left in the year is great. Trying to convince the rents that no, I do not need a grad present, is a tough one however.

Not good for me directly but a really good thing for my brother.

My Brother visited Tanzania this summer on a mission trip and helped out in some local villages and dug some wells. (Typical Mission stuff)

Well he got a full ride scholarship form FullBright to Teach at a school in France (teaching French to immigrant children) after finding out he got the scholarship he had to get a full physical with all the fixings.

His test came back with positive traces of tuberculosis or TB. It means he has TB but he has fought it off without a vaccine.

Today he found out that the TB an be completley controlled by medicine and he can live his dream of teaching.

That and 2 days ago my Brand new baby Nephew started to show signs that he will be able to live with cystic fibrosis and that he will make it out of infancy.

Makes me realize how silly material possesions like a little ring are.

Woah after leaving this thread I saw something at the top about CF. How ironic.

Edited by starsfan71

Got my Kyocera cermanic knives today. They cost an arm and a leg, but worth every penny. I've never seen a knife that could go through bone with such ease and never lose anything on the edge. The only downside is they can't be suspended on a magnetic knife strip, so I'll have to work that one out.

remind me not to go to your place ever ;)

Having 3 classes left in the year is great. Trying to convince the rents that no, I do not need a grad present, is a tough one however.

When I was graduating I told my parents to save the money they were going to spend and put it towards books for my first semester. They ended up doing that and throwing me a suprise grad party. I didn't attend my grad party for the first 3 hours, I went to my playoff hockey game :D

Single, no missus whinging. All night sessions at the pub/club/hockey rink/"buddy's" house.

Most of all, the distinct feeling of hope that the most positives changes are happening in my life.

Being let go from a job I hated that I was dragging my feet on leaving anyways because I wasn't manning up to it. Hey, at least now I can collect some unemployment while I sort some things out.

• Like 1

Early congrats on graduation. If they absolutely won't give in, you could turn it into that stick or piece of equipment you've been holding out on because of the student budget!

College or HS? I agree HS one is not really necessary.

If they are insistent though ask for a nice watch or piece of jewelry (ring, chain whatever you wear) that you can have engraved with from mom and dad or whatever.

My mother got me a very nice watch and had it engraved and it will be something I hold on to forever and let you reminisce about them if needed.

First nice day today in two weeks, and me with nothing but a case of beer that needs finishing B) . Tomorrow is hopefully going to be as nice and spent breaking in my new SigSauer at the range. Too bad my golfing buddy is out of town this weekend.

IMG_0244.jpg

Edited by Rustpot
  • Like 1

College or HS? I agree HS one is not really necessary.

If they are insistent though ask for a nice watch or piece of jewelry (ring, chain whatever you wear) that you can have engraved with from mom and dad or whatever.

My mother got me a very nice watch and had it engraved and it will be something I hold on to forever and let you reminisce about them if needed.

It's high school. I really want to just ask for like $50 on a gas card so they'll stop asking. I think they feel bad 'cause they got my sister some cool stuff when she graduated, but times were better financially and I'm not the jealous younger brother. Things could be a lot worse and they're co-signing on my college loans so I really don't need anything.

It's high school. I really want to just ask for like $50 on a gas card so they'll stop asking. I think they feel bad 'cause they got my sister some cool stuff when she graduated, but times were better financially and I'm not the jealous younger brother. Things could be a lot worse and they're co-signing on my college loans so I really don't need anything.

High school graduations are a big deal for parents. End of the day it's as much about them finishing their task in your upbringing as it is your academic acomplishment. In many cases it's also their last chance to give you something big without any feelings of having crossed a line in terms of making you feel like you're still a dependant. Trust me, at your age if your mom and dad want to outfit your dorm room it's cool. When your my age it'd be really freaking akward if they wanted to furnish your apartment or something. I could promise you that has a lot more to do with their desire to get you a graduation gift than it does making sure you and your sister and even steven. Well, that and the fact that college graduations are long as all get out and tend to feel like you've dressed up to listen to Ben Stein read the phone book so they probably won't show up. Thus getting you a big HS graduation gift will ease later feelings of guilt.

A gas card is nice in the short term, but let them get you something you'll have for a while. My parents bought my brothers and me watches when we graduated. I still have the watch 15 years later. It's not engraved or anything, but it's still my Grad Watch and it reminds me of high school and my parents.

First nice day today in two weeks, and me with nothing but a case of beer that needs finishing cool.gif . Tomorrow is hopefully going to be as nice and spent breaking in my new SigSauer at the range. Too bad my golfing buddy is out of town this weekend.

Rustpot, where do you live? That fast food place looks like it could be the back of Molly's Reach. Your picture sent me straight to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FteZimbz59I...073&index=0

Rustpot, where do you live? That fast food place looks like it could be the back of Molly's Reach. Your picture sent me straight to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FteZimbz59I...073&index=0

Not quite that far north. It's a Hardees off M-26 in Northern (and I mean real northern) Michigan.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source....150391&z=6

School is out, and I finished the semester with a 3.75 (5a 2b). Next year's school schedule allows me to leave at 2 (while everyone else leaves at 3) and make it to practices and stick and puck easier.

I booked 6 games to umpire next weekend which comes out to roughly the price of a new 10k.

I get my license in under a month, and we are car shopping. If all goes according to plan we will end up with a 2005 grand cherokee for me to drive, which is way nicer of a car than I need.

I have been skating with the AAA team twice a week, and really like the coaches and players and am starting to figure out I belong there rather than playing very tenatively.

Life's Good. :D

• Like 1