Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tml67

One95 OPS vs One95 two piece

lol actually thats what i did, beauty set up, 8k + mission p10 prostock, kinda wishing it was the p14 though, could do with the shorter blade

On ice comparison between the One95 and Vapor XXV:

I'm a little disappointed and confused because I can not shoot with this One95. Shots are off target and I'm not able to load it up for wristers. Puck feel is outstanding though. I think it really is a stick for those who take lots of slappers. I'm going to have to try and figure it out.

The XXV plays exactly how I figure a stick should, shots are on target, wristers load up quickly and easily, and it doesn't feel like it's going to break. The puck feel is pretty bad though. I really have no idea why they use this type of blade when the One95 blade is so superior.

If they can put that One95 blade onto a XXXX shaft, I think it might just be the ultimate stick for me.

Anyways, I'll try the One95 a few more times and if I still can't adjust, maybe I'll sell it for a Vapor XXXX on clearance.

I take a lot of wrist shots with my one95 OPS and 2 piece and it loads up really nicely. I do think that the Bauer flexes are higher than they're rated though.

You're probably having trouble getting used to the higher flex point. So where are you "off-target" at? Are you shooting high? Low? Or just all over the place?

Kind of all over. With the XXV, shots are right on target to where I aim. With the One95, one shot was over the net and wide, slappers, are going wide by a foot, just plain off. And I'm not really getting that quick load up for wristers. I have to use a lot more forearm strength rather than just letting the stick do all the work.

But shooting at the range, the One95 was fantastic. So maybe it's just an on-ice adjustment.

Kind of all over. With the XXV, shots are right on target to where I aim. With the One95, one shot was over the net and wide, slappers, are going wide by a foot, just plain off. And I'm not really getting that quick load up for wristers. I have to use a lot more forearm strength rather than just letting the stick do all the work.

But shooting at the range, the One95 was fantastic. So maybe it's just an on-ice adjustment.

Every sticks loads and releases differently. Personally I was really uncomfortable with the XXXX sticks that I tried, they just didn't load well for me at all.

In March I bought a one95 shaft and blade 77 flex Malkin blade.

in the second game my stick was stuck at the seam of the Zamboni door when I forecheck. With my own force going to the board, the blade AND the shaft broke into 3 pieces. (before it broke, it was not performing as good as I expect from a top end shaft+blade combo other than it is light)

so I called Bauer for Warrenty replacement and they are so kind that they sent me TWO one95 OPS 77 flex Malkin!! (I'm so glad that I have decided to only use Bauer stuff from now on -- that's how you gain a life-long customer)

So now I'm using the OPS. There is definitly more pop in the stick when you shoot. a great stick but holding a $200 value stick sometimes can be a worry on your mind. you don't want it to break again too soon.....

We had a longer warmup session today, so I tried out both my One95 OPS and my One95 shaft with an Easton S15 blade.

The OPS is an 87 flex P92/Naslund, and I LOVE this stick. It might be the best stick I've ever owned. Because of that, I went with the One95 77 flex shaft after someone broke my blade in half on the OPS. Luckily it was under warranty, so I have both now to compare.

Like I said, I have an Easton S15 Sakic blade in the shaft. I've found that I handle the puck better with the shaft/blade combo... Better stickhandling, more crisp passing, etc. It does feel heavier than the OPS, and I think that's because of the blade. The only problem I have with the shaft is shots. If I really lay into the shot, I can put it where I like, but it takes me longer to set up the shot than with the OPS. Not sure why. It might be the flex, although both are cut to nearly the same line on the Bauer "flex" marks. I think I'm going to take out the Easton blade and use the One95 blade when I can find one.

Although I like stickhandling better with the shaft/blade, I don't find that it suffers with the OPS... Just doesn't feel as smooth. My shot, however, is much better with the OPS. I can put the puck exactly where I want it, and do so with a lot of power. To me, that'll make me stick with the OPS in the future. That is unless a different blade will help in the shaft, but I doubt it.

I just saw on purehockey they are selling the One95 shaft as a tappered shaft.

1). Has anyone used one of these, and how did you like it?

2). What's the point of this shaft style if the kickpoint is a mid kick?

Thanks

Well, if you'd click on the link, you'll see that it is a typo and in the details it is explained as a .620 standard taper system..

Well, if you'd click on the link, you'll see that it is a typo and in the details it is explained as a .620 standard taper system..

Well, if you look further down the list you will see a One95 standard shaft for about $15 less. They actualy changed the description today, so maybe you are right, but then why is there a price difference? I guess I will just e-mail the company.

Description for the $89.99

Square - double concave shaft dimensions

Precision tactile texture with Stick'um

low-mid kick point

.620" standard system

Description for the $99.99

· Square – double concave shaft dimensions

· Precision tactile texture with Stick’um

· Low-mid kick point

· .620” standard taper system

Well, if you look further down the list you will see a One95 standard shaft for about $15 less. They actualy changed the description today, so maybe you are right, but then why is there a price difference? I guess I will just e-mail the company.

Description for the $89.99

Square - double concave shaft dimensions

Precision tactile texture with Stick'um

low-mid kick point

.620" standard system

Description for the $99.99

· Square – double concave shaft dimensions

· Precision tactile texture with Stick’um

· Low-mid kick point

· .620” standard taper system

I'm guessing ANOTHER typo.. Last night it showed one being with grip and the other w/o grip..today they both have grip..but common sense tells me one has the stickum and the other doesnt.

Mine is w/o the stickum..

I have used both.

Both of them have performed well. The kick-point is lower on the one piece but that's expected. The only difference is the puck feel. It isn't the same comparing it to a 1 piece. To me, the 2 piece puck feel - feels sort of dampened... I got used to it though.

But the cool thing? I haven't had a single ONE95 2 piece break. Not even the blade. It's cheaper. The quality is roughly the same. I've put more stress tests on the 2 piece than I have on the one piece one95's. Overall, I love my 2 piece. They just don't break!

If you can spot 200 bucks for a 1 piece ONE95 - This is definitely recommended.

If you don't wanna drop the extra $$ - The 2 piece performs just as well.

I have two two piece one95's both shafts have broke, one about two inches above the blade insert, and the other just under 6 inches above the blade insert.

As for the sticks them selves. I really like the feel of the two piece, the kickpoint feels a little higher than that of the one piece but for the price I think the two piece is a great choose. I've used them with the 0ne95 blades which I've had no problems with, and the warrior spline blade which I've broken. The 0ne95 blades have held of to a ton of abuse, and really the shafts have stood up pretty well on there own, I've gone through about 30plus games on both before them breaking.

I think ultimately it'll come down to preference, and money. If you've got the extra couple bucks I'd go with the one piece. But you really can't beat the performance for the price that the two offers.

Trying to determine what flex in a One95 shaft to buy. I typically use Easton 100s with 1/2" cut off, but considering going just a hair more flexible. Additionally, the 100s I've always used feel more flexible than the current 100s I feel in stores from Easton. Who knows? I'm around 5'9" and 175, but pretty strong for my height and put a good amount into my shots.

Anyway, buddy of mine just bought the shaft in an 87 and cut off 2", putting him around a 95-96 flex. That's around where I'd like to be, but when comparing the height of his current stick to my current stick, his was around an inch taller and that would take the flex to about 100 if I got an 87 and cut it. Should I look into the 77? I stopped by Total Hockey's main store tonight and picked up the OPS version of the One95 in a 77. Holding right where my stick would be, it showed around an 85 flex. On the OPS in 87 flex, holding at the approximate height put me right at the 95 flex mark. This leads me to think there's a difference between the scale on the back of the shaft versus the OPS by at least an inch or so. I know the shaft is 54" and I'd have to cut off around 4" exactly to be at my current stick height. I can't find a consistent formula to determine how much cutting influences flex. Some say 4% increase per inch, others say 7-8 point increase per 2" cut. Looking to stay between 90 and 95 flex if possible.

you are right, there is a difference between the OPS and shaft. Like you noticed the shaft + blade at the same flex will be about an 1" - 1.5" longer than the OPS. However from using the one95 OPS I can say it is a whippy stick compared to something like a warrior dolomite of the same flex. Unfortunately I have no experience with Easton sticks so I cannot give you any comparison there.

The Bauer shafts are rather long so if you really have to cut 4" off you can probably add between 12 and 15 flex to the initial rating.

Couldn't you just flex your buddy's One95 and see if it's close to what you are after? I'd imagine the 87 flex would be a good step down from 100. The One90 shaft I had was pretty whippy compared to the OPS One95 (67 flex).

Yeah I figured on adding about 15 flex by the time I cut it around 4" off a shaft. Going with a 77 initially would pit me right around where I want to be, but I guess starting off that low after using 100s all these years just scares me. Plus the fact that i'm super finicky about all of my sticks. Now i'm just worried about people saying that the shafts feel whippier than the stated flex.

The 67 flex is pretty whippy regardless Jarick haha

Do you play any HockeyFinder.com at all?

Well maybe, but I'm only 5'8" :P The OPS is about perfect flex for me while the two-piece was so whippy I couldn't do anything with it.

I don't, I'm on the mailing list but never made it out to any sessions. I played AHA summer which just ended last week, then I have the AHA fall tourney weekend after next, then winter league starting up in October I believe, plus team practices...very busy!

Yeah I figured on adding about 15 flex by the time I cut it around 4" off a shaft. Going with a 77 initially would pit me right around where I want to be, but I guess starting off that low after using 100s all these years just scares me. Plus the fact that i'm super finicky about all of my sticks. Now i'm just worried about people saying that the shafts feel whippier than the stated flex.

But weren't you cutting the 100's down? Or were they the older Eastons that were short with an end plug? If they're the same length, the 87 should still be whippier than your Easton 100's.