Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tml67

One95 OPS vs One95 two piece

mmm too much damn money, i've got some shanny clone blades and i love it but their tapered

blah whatever i'll just sand it down and let you guys know how it works out, when i get it that is...none of my sticks are breaking so far -.-

I have 2 95 flex One95's pro stock & to me -- they feel like a Easton 85 flex. They're pro stock Lombardi OPS's.

Very cool. Thanks.

Yup, I've never really seen them list the weight of any of their sticks. They just say the height of the stick. They're like the BOSS ( sound systems ) of hockey - Boss never states the wattage each speaker intakes or the max output... sigh :D back on topic...

They are definitely well balanced. Maybe a tad lighter on the 1 piece? Nothing that will alter your game play/style for the worst. In-fact, with gloves + gear on... I can't tell which one is lighter at all.

...BOSE

:D

As far as durability goes, I've used mine 3-4x a week(OPS) since the beginning of April and it's held up great. It still has tons of pop left and doesn't feel any softer than the day I got it in the mail. I love the kick point on the stick, feels much more natural to me than using a low kick stick like the Vapor XXXX. My next stick purchase will definitely be another one95.

Question regarding one95 blade...any splitting issue at the bottom of the blade?

I will NOT be using it on ice surface. It'll strictly be used on hardwood floor surface...maaaaybe occassionally on glazed concrete surface.

crap- that was a bad typo krypt =p - I used to work retail and I didnt notice I put 2 S's- Thought I put an E .. sigh......

anyway back to the topic -

The blade has great durability. There are no splitting issues thus far, on ice. I haven't used a ONE95 blade on hardwood floor - but instead a RBK blade. I know this is two different manufacturers but one would only assume the same thing would happen to the ONE95 blade - I have lots of OPS sticks strictly for ice, then I have a 2 piece whatever stick for garage floor play ( smooth waxed concrete ) - the rbk blade eventually split at the heel from all the stress it was receiving on this floor...I'm one that tapes it from heel to toe too... Anyway - Is this for any type of league or pick up teams TML? or just for fun and games around your house.

Xtra, it'll be used for pickup hockey with friends on hardwood surface. I also play on rink surface with another group, where I used an Easton Synthesis blade and it split on the bottom rather quickly.

Hmm,

The only thing I can come up with to preserve the integrity of the blade is to wrap it heel to toe and use some wax all over the blade. Don't over do it like some kids... But apply just enough to where the stick will somehow slip a bit when you make contact with the hardwood surface while taking a slap shot or snapper-

over-all I can imagine the hardwood floor you'll be playing on is already polished up ( like a basketball court ) right?

Well, I finally got my hands on a One95 shaft & blade. I'm a little dissapointed as it's not as well balanced as some of you have mentioned. I find it a little blade heavy, compared to my S17.

I haven't used it yet in a game. I'll give it a whirl soon and see how I like it.

I was using a One90 67 flex shaft with a Montreal M95 blade for a few months. I cut it down probably to the 80 flex or so marker, but It was way too whippy for me and I ended up selling it.

It was blade heavy because the shaft was so light. The M95 blade is pretty light for a wood blade and it did improve when I put a wood end plug in the other side. The senior shaft would have probably balanced better.

Last week I got a One95 67 flex one-piece and even though it's cut a couple inches longer than the 2-piece was (the 2-piece was used for outdoor), it's a lot stiffer, much closer to 75 flex when cut down. Very nice.

I've never had a stick that was so light before, especially down near the blade end. It feels like air when you hold it by the blade-shaft joint area.

Now I'm not sure if there's a difference between the One90 and One95 shafts, but my gut feeling is no since most manufacturers seem to release the same shafts each year with different paint jobs. In that case, I would get a One95 that's 10-15 flex higher than normal.

I thought these shaft are suppose to be a little softer than their stated number so I picked up the 102 flex instead of the 87. I cut it down about 3" to my length, but find it a tad too stiff for my liking.

I was using a One90 67 flex shaft with a Montreal M95 blade for a few months. I cut it down probably to the 80 flex or so marker, but It was way too whippy for me and I ended up selling it.

It was blade heavy because the shaft was so light. The M95 blade is pretty light for a wood blade and it did improve when I put a wood end plug in the other side. The senior shaft would have probably balanced better.

Last week I got a One95 67 flex one-piece and even though it's cut a couple inches longer than the 2-piece was (the 2-piece was used for outdoor), it's a lot stiffer, much closer to 75 flex when cut down. Very nice.

I've never had a stick that was so light before, especially down near the blade end. It feels like air when you hold it by the blade-shaft joint area.

Now I'm not sure if there's a difference between the One90 and One95 shafts, but my gut feeling is no since most manufacturers seem to release the same shafts each year with different paint jobs. In that case, I would get a One95 that's 10-15 flex higher than normal.

do you notice any difference in flex between your 7k 75 flex 2-piece and your 67 flex (i'm assuming int.) ops one95? damn, i feel like i'm stalking you, lol.

do you notice any difference in flex between your 7k 75 flex 2-piece and your 67 flex (i'm assuming int.) ops one95? damn, i feel like i'm stalking you, lol.

It's really strange actually. In the store, the senior sticks felt whippy, but the intermediate felt about right. When shooting, the One95 intermediate feels good and whippy on wristers but very stiff on slappers. Maybe it's because the stick is new, but it even feels stiffer than my 75 flex Dolomite cut down 5" on slappers. But maybe just a hair stiffer than the 75 flex 7k on wristers.

The 7k feels pretty whippy on wristers and slappers, not so much that it throws off my game though. I really liked that stick for slappers actually, and I think I'll have to change my technique on the One95 because it plays so much stiffer.

I'll let you know tomorrow after my first game though, maybe it'll break in a bit.

It's really strange actually. In the store, the senior sticks felt whippy, but the intermediate felt about right. When shooting, the One95 intermediate feels good and whippy on wristers but very stiff on slappers. Maybe it's because the stick is new, but it even feels stiffer than my 75 flex Dolomite cut down 5" on slappers. But maybe just a hair stiffer than the 75 flex 7k on wristers.

The 7k feels pretty whippy on wristers and slappers, not so much that it throws off my game though. I really liked that stick for slappers actually, and I think I'll have to change my technique on the One95 because it plays so much stiffer.

I'll let you know tomorrow after my first game though, maybe it'll break in a bit.

awesome, exactly what i was looking for.

I've used both, the OPS has better feel. They both shoot very well although I thought that the 2-piece felt stiffer.

Played the game last night, and shooting was definitely off. I think I might need to cut it down another 1/2" or so (I left it a little longer). Kept missing corners on wrist shots, couldn't load it up easily while skating, but slappers were fantastic. A bit shorter and breaking in the flex a little should help.

from my experience, bauer does a poor job in making replacement blades. its a hit or miss thing, some are good and some are just awful. there is no consistency. grew up playing with the p106 and i wish that easton made a similar curve. Also for the past couple of years they have butchered the p 106 curve. used to a good heel curve with no upshoot. now there is a slight upshoot. also they have started to mess around with the lie which i am not very fond of.. i missed the days when they used to call the p106 linden. they had the right curve then. they screwed around with a gem of a curve. If youre a "feel" kind of player i suggest going with easton. bauer blades seem to be stiffer and heavier but you get that jump off the blade if your using a composite blade. Bad thing about easton is that they dont offer the curves that they do in bauer.. I personally havent tried the one 95s one piece or shaft but if its anything like the one 90 then i wouldnt even bother with them. seems like they have made a big change from the 190. but i cant see it being better interms of feel compared to a easton. they got a lot of complaint from pros on the 190 line (both stick and skates). can anyone tell me how they compare to the 190s? and if your a easton stick player and some one responds that its feel is close to the 190 or a innovative (warrior) i would bother trying it. just stick with easton. i have a buddy whos plays div1 and he plays with a p106. he had 195s for half a season, hated the feel and then went to easton.

thats a first...someone saying use easton blade over one95 blade <- durability issue really? should be the other way round ;)

... I thought that the 2-piece felt stiffer.

That should be the case when comparing a standard stick to a tapered stick.

thats a first...someone saying use easton blade over one95 blade <- durability issue really? should be the other way round ;)

Well i havent tried the 195 blade myself so i wouldnt really know how they perform. does the 195 havea durability issue??? im not a guy that really worries about durability... if the stick breaks, it breaks.. and also how do they feel compared to the past bauer blades theyve come out with??? is the feel completely different compared to say like the xx, xxx, xxxx, or the 190s? i just have a bad experience when purchasing bauer replacement blades.. i just stick to something i can rely on...

Hey good timing. Here's my One95 versus XXV preliminary comparison.

I picked up a XXV 67 flex OPS yesterday for a backup because of the Hockey Giant clearance ($70). They had a One70 67 flex OPS for $50 but that one felt too whippy, and I did want to compared low versus mid kickpoint. Plus the XXV was lighter than the One70, which was surprisingly heavy feeling.

I think the big difference between the XXV and XXXX is that the XXV is a fused two-piece and the shaft might have a bit of fiberglass to it. Rumor has it that it's very similar to the old XX, which was similar to the Dolomite. I can definitely tell it's a joint shaft and blade from looking at it and tapping it. And it is a bit blade heavy. The blade seems the same as my XXXX tapered blade in terms of construction, appearance, and feel.

Haven't used it on ice, but it's a bit whippier feeling than the One95 67 flex and it also seems to load lower on the stick, which is exactly as advertised. The One95 literature claims it has a stiffer taper, which is what I felt when shooting. Usually I can lean on the stick slightly to load it and release a hard wrist or snap shot (I'm not much of a slapper guy), but I had trouble loading the One95 on the go. Need to get used to it I suppose. The One95 is better balanced and lighter.

One disturbing thing is that when testing the XXV flex at the store (and I don't lean way onto them, I just give them a little push with the bottom hand), a couple made a bit of a cracking noise. And the one I brought home did the same thing after I chopped it down to length. So I'm nervous about that. Again, I'm not leaning my whole body into it, just a little push-pull with the hands.

As for feel, I played around with a golf ball, and it's definitely lively and a bit ceramic feeling. The One95 seemed to absorb the energy from the ball, which seemed to stick to the blade. It felt like it would catch pucks really well but still had solid feel to it. With the XXV, the golf ball would kind of bounce off the face. I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but this is why people tend to prefer the One95 stick. I would say the XXXX tapered blade and XXV OPS puck feel is between the Dolomite and Dolomite HD, but with a more lively face.

I have a game on Sunday so I'll try them both out, at least in warmups (it's our "championship" game and I'm 0-2 in those so I'd like to finally win one).

i remember someone mentioning that the one95 blade was based off the mission prostocks (and thats a good thing :D), their awfully similar in my experience ...correct me if i'm wrong