Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abbieshockey20

Shopping for Hockey in Toronto

I'm going back to Hamilton for two weeks and have money and time to waste. I was wondering if there are any really big hockey equipment stores I should check out. I'm looking for top end stuff only. In Victoria BC we have two good stores but after a few weeks the top end stuff is gone.

Thoughts?

Best stuff is usually in smaller stores here......

Pro Hockey Life (huge neat stores)

Vaughn Mills

Mississauga

Smaller good stores

Majer Hockey on Dufferin

Duke Sports SFS on Bloor

Just Hockey SFS on Don Mills

Majer hockey is a great group of guys but not a large selection. Theres a smaller SFS at Young/steeles across from centerpoint mall.

theyre gonna have very little in stock right now.

if youre looking for tapered blades LMAO...youll never find one.

for THE hockey nation, our stores suck.

Majer hockey is a great group of guys but not a large selection. Theres a smaller SFS at Young/steeles across from centerpoint mall.

Its a little closer to bathurst, thats where i usually go for my stuff. Great place and the only store with tapered blades.

you know for THE hockey nation the prices suck.... A LOT!!!

if your into jofa 8k's there's some at national sports scarborough town

you know for THE hockey nation the prices suck.... A LOT!!!

if your into jofa 8k's there's some at national sports scarborough town

agreed as well. our market is pathetic.

If you're going to the Just Hockey Source For Sports on Don Mills, you might want to check out the HockeyGiant.ca on Birchmount Road as well.

If you're going to the Just Hockey Source For Sports on Don Mills, you might want to check out the HockeyGiant.ca on Birchmount Road as well.

has hockey giant actually gotten any better? last time i went they were still unpacking boxes lol but that was awhile back

has hockey giant actually gotten any better? last time i went they were still unpacking boxes lol but that was awhile back

I only discovered that there was a HockeyGiant in Canada a month ago, so I'm not sure what's considered better. What I do know is that they have the inline hockey skates that I'm looking for that Hockey Experts, National Sports, and SportChek do not have. Also, if you go by the store, don't be deceived by the fact that they don't have the item or size that you're looking for if you don't see it in the store. Apparently, some of their inventory is stored in the warehouse.

Where is the Hockey Giant located and is there an on line address? I'd like to check out them out.

Where is the Hockey Giant located and is there an on line address? I'd like to check out them out.

I wouldn't waste the trip...i was there last week. Not much there....guy behind the counter kept telling me ill give you 20% off anything i buy...im looking at all the prices yeah ok but your 10-15% more than everyone else in the GTA

Based on the comments by snipez96, I'm not sure if you still want to check out them out or not, but here you go.

Best stuff is usually in smaller stores here......

Pro Hockey Life (huge neat stores)

Vaughn Mills

Mississauga

Smaller good stores

Majer Hockey on Dufferin

Duke Sports SFS on Bloor

Just Hockey SFS on Don Mills

Add to that list Toronto Hockey Repair.

I wouldn't waste the trip...i was there last week. Not much there....guy behind the counter kept telling me ill give you 20% off anything i buy...im looking at all the prices yeah ok but your 10-15% more than everyone else in the GTA

That store is no bigger than my kitchen. Its essentially an office with one dude working there.

there is also a Pro Hockey Life in Hamilton

Ok I'm here now and have gone to the pro hockey life in hamilton. Great store BUT all they have is left handed sticks! I have never seen anything like it. It's about 85% lefty and 15% right handed. So being right handed I going to have to go somewhere else for sticks. Good store but damn.

I was walking for about 150 feet following the wall of sticks they have thinking "ok when do the right handed stcks start" if would have been funny had I not been right handed.

kenesky's in the Hammer on the corner of Barton and Wellington is a neat place. Its been around for ages, its great for goalie gear.

Can we refrain from calling it the hammer?

kenesky's in the Hammer on the corner of Barton and Wellington is a neat place. Its been around for ages, its great for goalie gear.

Can we refrain from calling it the hammer?

"The Hammers"! Great name for the Hamilton Coyotes!