Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abbieshockey20

Shopping for Hockey in Toronto

The sportchek downtown had a little bit of stuff in the basement.

if u go to the sport check in the eaton center ask for dan gonzales, good guy. went to school with him. he really knows his stuff

Original Stix is good i bought my mm bubble there great service...whole family got free tshirts!

I cant stand that place. The staff there are nice, but the owner is a sleazy prick.

no, thats why weve lowered alot of our prices to compete against different businesses especially the internet. weve also revamped our staff and its a much friendlier place. i admit we do have some customers who are abit out there. but when im on the floor im as helpful as i can be. ask JR hes seen me at my shop. from personal experience ive gone beyond whats expected in helping a customer

not to rag on you or anything, but i always get my skates sharpened there, and i always take some time to look around, to see if anything catches my interest, and i noticed that the TFG senior OPS's were still going for $220 or some really high amount like that. I don't see how you guys really reduced the prices that much except on a few certain gloves and a couple of closeout shin pads.

btw, if you don't mind, who are you?

if u go to the sport check in the eaton center ask for dan gonzales, good guy. went to school with him. he really knows his stuff

I think that's the guy we met. He was a member of CoreBeam and the EMB.

Well I like Just Hockey, their prices were MUCH better than THR.

for a recap of what I know in Toronto

THR (Toronto Hockey Repair)

Just Hockey

Dukes

Original Stix

National Sports (may have a clearance center)

Sports Chek (seem to all be the same, just more stock)

ACC store (forgot the name, but you may be able to score a cheaper OPS)

- I would also like to take the time to request jjtt99 be promptly banned as it is a well known fact the Maple Leafs are currently undefeated and were a lock to win it all, had it not been for a master plan to shut down the league, just when they were primed and ready to go. It is a conspiracy!

Go Leafs Go!!

In all seriousness though...

Just Hockey is great! I admit their prices are a tad bit high... but the service they offer, their staff's attitude just makes that place wonderful. I got my Easton z-Air Comp Skates from them... (Dave was the guy, I think)

Everything else I got was from National Sports at Yonge/Sheppard and they have GREAT prices. I got my V-10 shoulder pads from them for $64.99CA. Huge selection of sticks, gloves....

(Then again, I live in Hong Kong, where the ONLY hockey shop around has the floor size of a telephone booth)

no, thats why weve lowered alot of our prices to compete against different businesses especially the internet. weve also revamped our staff and its a much friendlier place. i admit we do have some customers who are abit out there. but when im on the floor im as helpful as i can be. ask JR hes seen me at my shop. from personal experience ive gone beyond whats expected in helping a customer

not to rag on you or anything, but i always get my skates sharpened there, and i always take some time to look around, to see if anything catches my interest, and i noticed that the TFG senior OPS's were still going for $220 or some really high amount like that. I don't see how you guys really reduced the prices that much except on a few certain gloves and a couple of closeout shin pads.

btw, if you don't mind, who are you?

the tfgs are 149 i believe my names sean by the way. next time your in ask one of our guys to scan it in for a price and youll notice its cheaper. also if you look around our pricing on skates is pretty close to national or sport check

cool, i think you sold me a pair of 8090's last year

so basically, not all of the labels are correct and if i want the right price, i should always ask people to scan it? or is that just for certain things

does just hockey have sales or is it always "regular price"?

I think that's the guy we met. He was a member of CoreBeam and the EMB.

wrong guy, it's me who was a member of corebeam JR.

sn1per, what made you read this thread? (since it's from may...)

okay, now that my favourite cheap shop (national sports outlet in don mills centre) is closed and i am in serious need of some new pants, does anyone know where i can get a good deal on equipment? i know just hockey/THR and all that, but i am really strapped for cash, and i can't afford to pay full retail to get a decent pair of pants that will hold up.

Going to be in Toronto this week, and was wondering what some of the better LHS's to visit are. Thanks! I'll try to post the area where my hotel is as it slips my mind at the moment.

There are no "good" hockey shops in the downtown core...You can try..

Just Hockey - Don Mills / Eglington

Original Stix - Avenue and 401

National Sports - Yonge / Sheppard

National Sports - 401 and Markham Rd. (or McCowan I always get mixed up...)

Cheers

L

If you are traveling by subway while in Toronto, the National Sports at Yonge & Sheppard is your best best.

Unless you take the Scarborough RT and go to the one at Mcowan and 401.

I always forget about the Scarberia RT.

Hey, if he is in luck he just might hit the right day/right shop and catch up with you OTG.

OTG, do you work at one of the LHS in Toronto?

I might be going back there soon... need new skates and stuff! Hong Kong really isn't the best for hockey gear :)

Unless you take the Scarborough RT and go to the one at Mcowan and 401.

Which has a much larger hockey section than any of the other National sports.

Duke's at Bloor and Kipling in Etobicoke. Nicest guys at any LHS I've ever been to. Don't be fooled by what's on the shelves, they often have what you're looking for upstairs somewhere. Be warned though that selection at most stores is somewhat picked over, to say the least.