Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackalplyr16

The Messier Project

Tnx Blu - Seems like anything more on your head would increase heat. No? I'd also be concerned about fit. My S9 is already tight across my temples. Since my S9 is already cracked (and have you ever felt the rigidity of the insert of an S9?), I am going to change up anyway. Is there any personal feedback on the M11? Thoughts?

There are several comments earlier on the M11. I have had mine for about a month and it is light and comfortable. It breathes well, and it is a much better controlled fit than the Mission Intake it replaced. I like it a lot. For $100 with cage, I am glad I bought one when my son's team bought theirs.

My sons high school hockey team were given these helmets last year and it was the most expensive helmet we've ever had even though it was free to the kids! ER bill was $1360.00 for 12 stitches through eyebrow. My son was cut two more times after that (he didn't want to look different from the team) but we just taped him up - couldn't afford to take him to the Dr. 4 other kids also got cuts - all in the forehead area. None were from "big" hits - the soft shell compresses and slices open skin where ever it gets pushed in. This season the team got a different brand of helmet. Does it prevent concussions? Um - sorta... the kids run away from contact so they don't bankrupt their parents with Dr. bills - lol. Spoke to Cascade, gave them lots of info - they seemed concerned but never gave me a dime toward the ER bill.

Never had that problem and I have two M11 with one being my every second skate helmet for two years I have taken a good number of hits over against boards, the steel of the nets, against players and good old frozen water. I find them a good fit

However forcing any piece of gear onto a team of individuals isnt a good idea; one helmet can work for all some of the time and all of the helmets can work for all of the people all of people some of the time.

Should the new helmet be a problem, please take heed from lessons learned and change it!

My sons high school hockey team were given these helmets last year and it was the most expensive helmet we've ever had even though it was free to the kids! ER bill was $1360.00 for 12 stitches through eyebrow. My son was cut two more times after that (he didn't want to look different from the team) but we just taped him up - couldn't afford to take him to the Dr. 4 other kids also got cuts - all in the forehead area. None were from "big" hits - the soft shell compresses and slices open skin where ever it gets pushed in. This season the team got a different brand of helmet. Does it prevent concussions? Um - sorta... the kids run away from contact so they don't bankrupt their parents with Dr. bills - lol. Spoke to Cascade, gave them lots of info - they seemed concerned but never gave me a dime toward the ER bill.

Why are your kids hitting their heads so much in hockey? I've been playing for 18 years, have never had a scratch on my forehead.

It seems that he and only one other person a few pages back has ever expressed this as an issue. He also seems to have joined just to tell us this.

I cant keep these helmets in stock in my store. I sold 223 M11s this past year, I sold 221 Bauer helmets, all models combined. Many of those have been sold through word of mouth on teams cause the kids love it, parents coming in and buying for themselves after their kids raved about it, etc.

I have never had any customer come back saying they suffered this kind of injury. I'm not saying it cant happen, but sure seems like its more the exception than the norm as this story would make it sound.

Why are your kids hitting their heads so much in hockey? I've been playing for 18 years, have never had a scratch on my forehead.

have you watched a high school hockey game in the last few years? Every hit is up high with hands to the face.

they seemed concerned but never gave me a dime toward the ER bill.

You really think the helmet company should offer to pay for your kid's ER bill from being cut on the forehead while playing hockey? Have you ever read the warning sticker on the back of helmets that talks about hockey being a dangerous game, helmets can't prevent all injures, etc., etc.? I get that your contention is that the cut is the helmet's fault and therefore they have some obligation, but if no one on here has heard of or seen the same problem with the same model of helmet, I'm guessing that there isn't some design flaw in the helmet causing forehead cuts. And if it's not a design flaw, its not the helmet's fault (or the helmet manufacturer's). More than likely it happened because either the helmet didn't fit your kid correctly (either in sizing or model) or, more than likely, it's hockey, kids get cut even with helmets. Especially when you consider how many kids playing HS hockey hit up high with their hands like Chadd mentioned. What do you expect?

If you're kid got cut on the chin because someone hit him and his cage pushed up into his chin and cut him, would you expect the cage manufacturer to pay for the ER bill for the stitches because the cage got pushed back into his face when getting hit? Of course not, same concept applies to the helmet.

Chadd, are you seeing this as a serious issue? I'm wondering, cause as I said, we sell a bunch and havent seen it. I have had a few people say after a hard hit the plastic can dig into the foam a bit making it a bit less comfortable (like creating a hot spot), but havent seen it poking through enough to cause cuts.

However, I am open to the possibility, just doesnt seem to be a huge issue, at least from my experience.

A bunch of high school teams in my area force any player who has had a concussion to wear one. THey all hate it for this exact reason. Not to mention they're ass ugly

Thats fantastic so I hope they realize that when a kid gets seriously injured the School will be responsible for the results by forcing a kid to wear something that may or may not fit him properly.

Mess is wearing the M11 Pro in the Winter Classic Alumni game.

I'm watching this game right now. I've seen the M11 before, but the M11 Pro really caught my eye. It looks great.

Thats fantastic so I hope they realize that when a kid gets seriously injured the School will be responsible for the results by forcing a kid to wear something that may or may not fit him properly.

Doesn't sound like they ran it by the legal department, does it?

It's Rangers, not Rags.

if you're not a Rangers fan it's Rags much like the Leafs are referred to as the Make Beliefs or the Laughs or the Capitals are referred to as the Crapitals. it's all in good fun.

if you're not a Rangers fan it's Rags much like the Leafs are referred to as the Make Beliefs or the Laughs or the Capitals are referred to as the Crapitals. it's all in good fun.

Rags......that's Great!!!!!

Chadd, are you seeing this as a serious issue? I'm wondering, cause as I said, we sell a bunch and havent seen it. I have had a few people say after a hard hit the plastic can dig into the foam a bit making it a bit less comfortable (like creating a hot spot), but havent seen it poking through enough to cause cuts.

However, I am open to the possibility, just doesnt seem to be a huge issue, at least from my experience.

serious, no. Common, yes.