Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Flyers 2009-2010

PLEASEEEE can someone just take Carcillo from us?

The whole team looked terrible tonight. They have way too many goons on their roster, they need to cut at least two or three at a minimum.

Hi guys,

does anybody knows something about the lines and d pairings?

Richards hasn´t played against the leafs and JVR was with carter and hartnell, right?

Thanks for the help guys.

Have a nice day.

Bye

PLEASEEEE can someone just take Carcillo from us?

The whole team looked terrible tonight. They have way too many goons on their roster, they need to cut at least two or three at a minimum.

Cut Carcillo, maybe send Cote down to Adirondack (God I HATE saying that), and keep Asham, who proved he does have some skill in him. Doing that would also leave room for Betts, who I believe has earned a place on the team after the first two preseason games, and possibly JVR to stay up with the Flyers.

S.Gagne, Richards did play last night, however he was pretty limited out there. You can tell that he hasn't healed completely from the two off-season shoulder surgeries he's had. He looked very timid out there. The lines didn't seem to ever be the same out there, so I couldn't tell you off the top of my head who JVR has played with.

On the goaltender topic, Boucher hasn't looked good at all. He's been out of place on many of the goals he's let up so far, and I'm starting to hope Emery can go all Marty Brodeur on us and play 75 games. From what I heard, listening to the game against Detroit, he played very well. 23 saves on 25 shots in your first NHL action in over a year, against the Red Wings nonetheless is pretty good.

Asham always struck me as a hard working guy with a limited amount of talent, but an overall decent guy. The cheap shot he threw coming out of the box was pathetic.

I think that was in direct response to the hit from behind on Carcillo that went uncalled or answered for. Was Asham's cheap, sure, but it was in response to the officials not doing their job and creating frustration. Had Rogers gotten the gate for the hit from behind then it is likely Asham doesn't hit the ice looking for that hit.

I think that was in direct response to the hit from behind on Carcillo that went uncalled or answered for. Was Asham's cheap, sure, but it was in response to the officials not doing their job and creating frustration. Had Rogers gotten the gate for the hit from behind then it is likely Asham doesn't hit the ice looking for that hit.

Carcillo is the kind of guy that throws those hits routinely, that's just karma. And the hit on Carcillo wasn't bad at all. He had the puck, was up against the boards and there wasn't a huge impact. Asham hit a guy that didn't have the puck and wasn't part of the play. I'm all for big hits and intense action, I just want them to be in the flow of the game.

Asham's was dirty yes, but I also think it was partly him coming out of the box and being in the way. Do I think Asham meant to hit Grabovski? Yes. But I do also think coming out of the box contributed to that. On the Carcillo note...he just has done stupid shit ever since he came to Philly. The punch on Talbot, the crap he pulled last night.

However, I think bonehead play of the game goes to Tollefsen on that count....fighting a guy when Carter and I forget who he was with had a 2-on-1 from the blue line in....

I thought the Asham hit was stupid, but it almost looked like he let up. Surely could have been a lot worse. Carcillo on the other hand is a complete plug. He was running guys all night looking for something but found no takers. Schenn handled him (although it was far from a TKO). The hit from Rogers at the end was a board, but Carcillo completely lost it. Overall the Flyers looked really dead last night. They were really sloppy and took a lot of poor penalties. If the Leafs PP wasn't atrocious, it would have been a blowout.

Wow, completely different team showing up tonight against the Leafs. Briere looks very good out there tonight. Can't wait to see what he does this season, I'm thinking I see resemblences to his 95 point year with Buffalo

The game Carcillo played in London, ONT was disgraceful. He hasn't changed one bit since leaving the Yotes.

Running around on his own personal agenda instead of doing what's best for the team.

Welcome back, Ray Emery! And welcome to Philly! Great way to open the season

The questions are if Emery will go mental or fall apart first and when it will be.

Hell yeah! Liked the story they told about Emery getting up early to do rehab with Coburn. Seemed like a good sign to me. Still skeptical, but I like the start.

I think this was the first time I can remember hoping a Flyers player would get his butt kicked in a fight, though (Carcillo).

Love FiOS and not being able to have the Comcast Network so I can't watch the game...............

Do you normally get blacked out of Flyer games on center ice with Fios? I've had it with Comcast and blacking out everything other than the Flyers.

Love FiOS and not being able to have the Comcast Network so I can't watch the game...............

Do you normally get blacked out of Flyer games on center ice with Fios? I've had it with Comcast and blacking out everything other than the Flyers.

Yeah, same deal with FiOS. Had a couple other games on last night but the Flyers/Canes game was blacked out. Had to resort to watching the game through the website RiseOnFire linked to in the NHL Network thread.

Yeah, same deal with FiOS. Had a couple other games on last night but the Flyers/Canes game was blacked out. Had to resort to watching the game through the website RiseOnFire linked to in the NHL Network thread.

I got the Flyers game on center ice but was blacked out of the Pens and Rangers. Funny thing is the Flyers are 90 miles from here and the Pens are 200.