Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Flyers 2009-2010

I think I would've preferred Nolan or Hartley, but I'm not sure how realistic either of those options were. Hopefully should still be an upgrade.

As a Penguins fan this is very bad news. Stevens was good for giving other teams at least one game in a playoff series.

Possibly another twist. ESPN was reporting Richards resigned as captain, but then retracted their story according to one of the Flyers Writer's Twitter.

I was wondering about that as he called the players only meeting and prob heard some things he wasn't too thrilled to hear. Would follow suit with Desjardins too if I'm not mistaking.

Edit: for a bit more clarity.

I wonder if Richards had been feeling any pressure from Pronger, with him saying he never wanted to step on Richards' toes when it came ot captaincy issues

I think I would've preferred Nolan or Hartley, but I'm not sure how realistic either of those options were. Hopefully should still be an upgrade.

I would have loved to see Hartley back in the NHL. Even better if he was just down the road.

anyone trying to watch the PC online? Did it start yet?

I get nothing

It's a shame too because he won't deserve it.

He's not a good coach and he's not using his talent to the best of their abilities. Like Andy Murray, he's coaching to avoid losing more then he's trying to win.

He's been living off his phantoms legacy for a long time and that will only get you so far. He's at the end of the line. My personal opinion is that someone will get shipped out before he's fired. That is if he really has the vote of confidence Homer said he does.

One thing I've noticed is that there seems to be a divide in the dressing room.

And the Phantom team that won the Calder had a lot of talent. Look at how many of those guys play/played in the NHL.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0007932005.html

It's much easier to win when you have more talent than the other team.

There was a lot of talent in the AHL that year. I hate when people bring that up as an excuse for his success.

And he wasn't the best coach, but I have more faith in him than laviolette. His key players stop playing once they hit bank.

Possibly another twist. ESPN was reporting Richards resigned as captain, but then retracted their story according to one of the Flyers Writer's Twitter.

I love Richards as much as the next Flyers fan, but I think it's possible he could've become captain too soon. Certainly there are a few young captains across the league that are successful but Richards doesn't seem ready to assume the full range of accountability that an NHL captain must. I'm not opposed to him imbibing in the perks a young, loaded athlete enjoys, but I think Richards' extracurriculars are of too great an import to him for his designated stature.

00001dd1.jpg

Carcillo just laid claim to the doghouse for a while. Before the commercial I told my wife that it should be a 9 minute powerplay, but I assumed they would find a way to knock it down to 5 or 7. Kudos to the res for making the right call.

Scored two during the major and will start the second with a PP as well.

What boggles my mind is how Bradley doesn't get five for that? He dropped his gloves as well. Chadd, can you shed some light on this as a referee?

What boggles my mind is how Bradley doesn't get five for that? He dropped his gloves as well. Chadd, can you shed some light on this as a referee?

Bradley never got his hands above his waist, there is no way you can give him a major for that. Carcillo had his gloves of and was trying to goad him into a fight for five or six seconds. As soon as he saw Bradley was going to take him up on it, he fired a knockout blow before the gloves had even hit the ice. That wasn't a fight, Carcillo suckered him.

I've seen games where two guys have squared off and dicked around for a while and the refs will put two up for delay of game, so there is no mandatory five for dropping the gloves. The same thing for scrums where half the gear ends up on the ice but nobody ends up in the box. Gloves on the ice mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

All of that said, Colin Campbell will cite the fact he was going to drop his gloves as a reason not to suspend Carcillo.

He should be on the bus to Glen's Falls before the game ends.

Anyone know if the Flyers are trying to do anything about finding a goaltender?

With the $12 they have left under the cap, what do you expect them to do?

Just another overall great performance this evening, though I give a semi-pardon with the coaching change tumult. Another successive clump of lackluster performances and I wonder what roster moves they make. I anticipated regardless of win/loss balance this would be an interesting season.

Wishful thinking of finding a way to get Biron back......

It's hard to say how much they will have to spend with the long term injury exemptions. Biron only makes $1.4, so it may be possible. That would amount to Flyers management admitting to a mistake, especially given the way Biron left the organization.

It's hard to say how much they will have to spend with the long term injury exemptions. Biron only makes $1.4, so it may be possible. That would amount to Flyers management admitting to a mistake, especially given the way Biron left the organization.

I had thought it was extremely dumb from the get-go to let both goaltenders lost. I knew Niitty was going to go to Tampa Bay even before July - just a gut feeling. Biron though, he was a fan favorite, even through his bad stretches, but he was affordable. He went to NY to make $1.4 million. I don't get what was going on in the Flyers management office. But I figure, with DiPi coming back soon-ish, someone from NY is going to be available, and the Flyers have to be moronic to not consider it.

The reason he's making $1.4M in NY is because nobody else wanted him at his initially desired salary. By the time he joined the Islanders the Flyers had already settled their goalie spots, if his original asking price had been that 1.4 then I have no reason to believe he wouldn't be a Flyer now.

One thing that has to be considered is how Emery would take any trade. He doesn't have a history of working well with others in the crease. I don't think there is another team that would take him as part of any package.