Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Flyers 2009-2010

All of that said, Colin Campbell will cite the fact he was going to drop his gloves as a reason not to suspend Carcillo.

Cha..you wont believe this: The NHL has suspended Flyers forward Dan Carcillo four games for his role in a fight that earned him a whopping 19 penalty minutes and a game misconduct

:o

All of that said, Colin Campbell will cite the fact he was going to drop his gloves as a reason not to suspend Carcillo.

Cha..you wont believe this: The NHL has suspended Flyers forward Dan Carcillo four games for his role in a fight that earned him a whopping 29 penalty minutes and a game misconduct

Fixed. And thank God

Cha..you wont believe this: The NHL has suspended Flyers forward Dan Carcillo four games for his role in a fight that earned him a whopping 29 penalty minutes and a game misconduct

Fixed. And thank God

Should have been at least 10 games, but it's a start. The sad thing is he actually made a nice play early in the game, led to their first goal if I remember correctly.

Carcillo incident: 4 games

This: 0 games

Not saying Carcillo didn't deserve a suspension, just pointing out the almost hilarious inconsistency in the NHL's punishments.

But that was in the playoffs... :rolleyes:

I was calling for a long suspension on that one too

Fixed. And thank God

Should have been at least 10 games, but it's a start. The sad thing is he actually made a nice play early in the game, led to their first goal if I remember correctly.

Correct. He has his flashes of brilliance, but his dumb plays overshadow them about 5-1.

The thing was that Carcillo was actually having a great start to the season. He was part of a good energy line that was hitting players and generating scoring chances, and he didn't really take the kind of stupid penalties he did last season.

And then something like this happens and all of that is for naught.

He was still taking stupid penalties. Just no where close to the pace he was doing last year.

Holmgren apparently hasn't called anyone up, at this time. Either he's doing it tomorrow right before game time or we're playing one man short.....

He was still taking stupid penalties. Just no where close to the pace he was doing last year.

Holmgren apparently hasn't called anyone up, at this time. Either he's doing it tomorrow right before game time or we're playing one man short.....

Did the Phantoms play tonight?

Or they're putting Riley Cote into the lineup. *shudder*

Not saying Carcillo didn't deserve a suspension, just pointing out the almost hilarious inconsistency in the NHL's punishments.

Just another one of the NHL's ridiculous double standards. I think Carcillo is a bonehead and takes stupid penalties but how can you award 29 minutes in penalties and a 4 game suspension because another player is slow getting his gloves off? Sure Carcillo was really quick to hit him but it's a fight and it's very clear Bradley threw his gloves off to fight. It's not like Carcillo jumped him from behind, he was just faster to the punch. Pun intended :)

Also how do you get 5 for fighting when the other player gets nothing? That's redicolus. Can't be a fight if someone else doesn't engage you.

Just another one of the NHL's ridiculous double standards. I think Carcillo is a bonehead and takes stupid penalties but how can you award 29 minutes in penalties and a 4 game suspension because another player is slow getting his gloves off? Sure Carcillo was really quick to hit him but it's a fight and it's very clear Bradley threw his gloves off to fight. It's not like Carcillo jumped him from behind, he was just faster to the punch. Pun intended :)

Also how do you get 5 for fighting when the other player gets nothing? That's redicolus. Can't be a fight if someone else doesn't engage you.

The 29 minutes was absolutely correct, surprised that the NHL got it right. Carcillo had his gloves off and even punched Bradley once before Bradley tried to drop his gloves. Bradley did not want to fight and and Carcillo and only did so because Carcillo had already hit him once and was obviously going to do it again. Carcillo hit him again, and knocked him out, before the gloves were even clear of his hands.

As for getting a fight when the other guy gets nothing, it was the correct call. Carcillo threw punches, Bradley did not.

I guess Bradley just dropped his gloves to ask Carcillo if he wanted a beer after the game. Watch the video again, he clearly drops his gloves to fight before getting his ass handed to him.

Here's the best I could do to capture the punch, looks like his gloves are off as he's hit.

untitled.jpg

My problem isn't the 2 4's or the 20, it's the fact the Bradley got nothing for a fight he wanted to participate in.

And according to Carcillo, the supsension was for the cross check not the puch which makes even less sense since the cross check while he was down was a pretty weak one. The second one was the nasty one.

Interestingly, Carcillo said it wasn’t the act of punching the Capitals’ Matt Bradley that the league was upset about, but what happened immediately prior to that.

“It’s just hitting him, cross-checking him when he was on the ice. That’s the only part that they didn’t like. Everything else, they didn’t mind,” he said.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=35835

If that's what the league told him, it's further proof that Colin Campbell needs to be replaced. Neither of those cross checks warrant suspension, even if it was Avery that was hitting someone.

You are seriously misguided if you think Bradley "wanted" to fight. He had been cross checked a couple times and already been punched once with Carcillo getting ready to hit him again. Bradley attempts to get some separation in order to drop his gloves and protect himself but Carcillo is already hanging on with his left hand while his right hand is ready to throw a bomb and pops Bradley before he can raise his hands 18".

Drop his gloves to protect himself? I know you hate the Flyers but really? Why wouldn't he just keep his stick up if he wanted to protect himself from Carcillo? or turn away from him? It's pretty clear in the replays that he had enough and turned and dropped his gloves to fight and Carcillo got him before he knew what hit him.

I don't even like Carcillo and wish he would be dealt away but there's no way Bradley didn't want to fight this idiot.

Drop his gloves to protect himself? I know you hate the Flyers but really? Why wouldn't he just keep his stick up if he wanted to protect himself from Carcillo? or turn away from him? It's pretty clear in the replays that he had enough and turned and dropped his gloves to fight and Carcillo got him before he knew what hit him.

I don't even like Carcillo and wish he would be dealt away but there's no way Bradley didn't want to fight this idiot.

Actually, I don't hate the Flyers. They just have a lot of dirty players on their roster and I abhor dirty players.

I wouldn't turn my back on a nutjob like Carcillo when he was pissed off, you have no idea what he's going to do. It was a cheap shot that is utterly indefensible.

i would call it a sucker punch - it looked like bradley was going to attempt to fight him - but he threw that haymaker before bradley could get his stuff off

Thats how I see it too.

Sometimes you can't avoid a fight. Carcillo was not going to let him go. I thought Bradley was trying to skate away from it. I think he dropped the gloves because he had to. Carcillo kept goading him, hitting/cross-checking him. Sooner or later you realize that the prick isn't going to stop and you have to defend yourself. I'm a Flyers fan (but not a Carcillo fan), and I'd call it a sucker punch. I'd have no issue with the whole thing if Carcillo had allowed him to square up and have a fair go of it. In this case, I think that the suspension was deserved.

Cote's a horrible player, but I think he goes about his job in a respectable way. He got the Flyers off to a good start with his scrap tonight.

Even though they're down after two, I like what I'm seeing tonight.

Just heard Emery is on IR with an abdominal injury that might require surgery. I guess this might explain the tail-off in his play.

Sometimes you can't avoid a fight. Carcillo was not going to let him go. I thought Bradley was trying to skate away from it. I think he dropped the gloves because he had to. Carcillo kept goading him, hitting/cross-checking him. Sooner or later you realize that the prick isn't going to stop and you have to defend yourself. I'm a Flyers fan (but not a Carcillo fan), and I'd call it a sucker punch. I'd have no issue with the whole thing if Carcillo had allowed him to square up and have a fair go of it. In this case, I think that the suspension was deserved.

Cote's a horrible player, but I think he goes about his job in a respectable way. He got the Flyers off to a good start with his scrap tonight.

With guys like Cote, Asham and Lappy, it's not like they're lacking in toughness without him.

If they don't plan on getting rid of Boucher or Emery in that deal, it won't be worth losing a roster player to make salary room for Biron, unless they plan on flipping one of those three goalies at the deadline which I doubt. Boucher has played relatively well of late, hopefully he can handle the number one for six weeks http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=301587 .

Just heard Emery is on IR with an abdominal injury that might require surgery. I guess this might explain the tail-off in his play.

The surgery is guaranteed, and he is out for atleast six weeks.

With guys like Cote, Asham and Lappy, it's not like they're lacking in toughness without him.

He still has a lot more skill then three of those guys and is a lot more effective.