Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

3 hours ago, Chadd said:

I seem to be asking the wrong questions for the answers I'm getting as well. This is not going well at all. I thought my streak of bad luck was coming to an end, but I may have been premature in that assessment. 

What's going on?

On 2/24/2016 at 9:10 PM, EJB said:

What's going on?

Getting frustrated by certain people. I feel like I'm being set up to fail and everything I do to avoid it results in criticism.

• Like 1

My mom was in rehab (after hospital) for about a week, but today they did a CT scan and her brain bleed is worse, so they transferred her back to Man's Greatest Hospital for surgery to relieve the pressure.  That should happen tomorrow. 

(heh, I have an anxiety disorder as well) The hospital decided they'll do surgery tomorrow (Monday), but since my dad's not good at asking questions, I don't know why.  I guess it's a positive sign?  I'd feel better if I wasn't getting all of this third-hand through my dad, who is not adept at relaying information.  (I have a cold right now, so visiting the hospital myself is definitely out of the question.) 

7 hours ago, badger_14 said:

(heh, I have an anxiety disorder as well) The hospital decided they'll do surgery tomorrow (Monday), but since my dad's not good at asking questions, I don't know why.  I guess it's a positive sign?  I'd feel better if I wasn't getting all of this third-hand through my dad, who is not adept at relaying information.  (I have a cold right now, so visiting the hospital myself is definitely out of the question.) 

Have you tried calling her doctor? As long as she has you listed as someone they can release her healthcare information to there shouldn't be an issue. But again, with the anxiety thing I know that can be easier said than done sometimes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kmfdm86 said:

Have you tried calling her doctor? As long as she has you listed as someone they can release her healthcare information to there shouldn't be an issue. But again, with the anxiety thing I know that can be easier said than done sometimes.

I'm not listed, but I'm trying to train my dad to ask better questions.  For his own sake and mine.  (and my brothers and aunts and uncles, who also get this information thirdhand.)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, badger_14 said:

I'm not listed, but I'm trying to train my dad to ask better questions.  For his own sake and mine.  (and my brothers and aunts and uncles, who also get this information thirdhand.)

Damn. Yeah, that sucks. How long have you had the cold? You shouldn't be contagious after a few days. The hospital has to have some sort of protocol to let you still go there. You might even be able to go with your dad to talk with the doctor somewhere you don't have to worry about making patients sick.

Sorry if I'm repeating things you've already considered or tried. I work in healthcare and I know the people caring for her don't want you out of the loop. There's gotta be a way.

• Like 1

So the Mrs finished up our tax returns using Turbo Tax and hit "send". Error message comes back indicating someone already filed. .. Awesome. 

38 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

So the Mrs finished up our tax returns using Turbo Tax and hit "send". Error message comes back indicating someone already filed. .. Awesome. 

That has happened to a few people I know this year

Made the stupid mistake of assuming a cowling swap was a quick and easy job, especially since it's like for like (no new holes needed). If I'd known it was going to take 3-4 hours I would have left home in the morning. 4 hours wasted driving there and back... 

I got there and he said I'd have to leave them overnight. I had no idea it was such a labor intensive process. Oops. 

2 hours ago, EJB said:

If someone files mine, I hope they'll also pay!

i don't think it could be THAT hard to link an email and cell number to your IRS account, and when taxes are filed you get a notification.  i know the criminals could also change that, but it would be a start to notify you, your taxes were filed, and if you didn't file, you could lock the filing and payment.

one of my vendors has this happen to him last year, it was such a pain in the ass for him to straighten out.  

On 3/1/2016 at 9:01 PM, Monty22 said:

good luck Monty!

Well, my mom came through her surgery alright, and has been moved back to rehab.  But she's pissed about it and wants to come home.  Problem is, she's lost 14lbs in the past month while hospitalized, is now down to 93lbs (she's 5'4"), and is so weak she can't climb up even one stair on her own.  So she's got to be in rehab and gain some weight back (which I am sure she'll hate, as she thinks she's a fat old lady) and some strength, and not try to sabotage herself.  My dad is both concerned and angry.  I've been sick (or just worn out from stress) and just trying to get by with my own responsibilities.  Even the dog is picking up on all the tension.  Virtually all my supportive people are far away and/or working.  Hockey and choir are keeping me above water right now.

Why is it that the guy who sends the pregame email saying "...short hard shifts, wingers stay high on the point guys, lots of smart passing and shots..." is the same guy who takes long shifts, coasts, keeps letting his guy free and doesn't pass or shoot exceptionally well? Ugh!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, RadioGaGa said:

Why is it that the guy who sends the pregame email saying "...short hard shifts, wingers stay high on the point guys, lots of smart passing and shots..." is the same guy who takes long shifts, coasts, keeps letting his guy free and doesn't pass or shoot exceptionally well? Ugh!

'cause he is the only one willing to put in the time to organize the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

'cause he is the only one willing to put in the time to organize the team.

No...not the organizer. He's just the rah rah guy who is always preaching a game plan, but can't follow it himself.

2 hours ago, RadioGaGa said:

No...not the organizer. He's just the rah rah guy who is always preaching a game plan, but can't follow it himself.

Maybe he's just not good enough to follow it so he hopes by being vocal he can inspire others? I don't know. Lol.

• Like 1

If it was a skill level thing, sure (I know I definitely give out a lot of suggestions for things I know I myself am not able to execute on), but in this case it definitely sounds like more of an issue with his level of effort. 

52 minutes ago, OptimusReim said:

If it was a skill level thing, sure (I know I definitely give out a lot of suggestions for things I know I myself am not able to execute on), but in this case it definitely sounds like more of an issue with his level of effort. 

Maybe he's just stupid/delusional and doesn't realize he isn't following his own advice. Haha. I give people way too much credit.