Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mx_freak28

Reebok Hockey

You get an A in ass-kissing Pmurphy.  Well done.  And if you really think executives at Graf, Louisville, ect.. really give a shit about what is said on a message board, well then you have a very warped perception of the real world[i/] 

Kinda funny that you're saying that to a guy who was the Product Coordinator for Hespeler Hockey...

He still gets an A+. Seriously, Jr, with all these contacts and relationships why the heck is your job-o-meter 0 for 4?

Modo, I think what you don't understand is that through numerous contacts, I repeat NUMEROUS contacts, we get information about new products from numerous manufacturers. It would be a shame if this sort of connection was lost do to one person going on and on about their singular contact.

I guess you are right.

You get an A in ass-kissing Pmurphy.  Well done.  And if you really think executives at Graf, Louisville, ect.. really give a shit about what is said on a message board, well then you have a very warped perception of the real world[i/] 

Kinda funny that you're saying that to a guy who was the Product Coordinator for Hespeler Hockey...

He still gets an A+. Seriously, Jr, with all these contacts and relationships why the heck is your job-o-meter 0 for 4?

Quite simple. In this age of mergers and downsizing, there a lot of people scrambling for jobs right now.

It's quite sad to see that you have to stoop down to attacking me personally.

Modo9,

I really don't care what you say about me. It doesn't bother me, but making personal comments about people who share knowledge and help other is un called for. Grow up.

And speaking from experience, companies do give a sh1t. It doesn't matter why they do. They just do.

Well wait, Modo will entertain us all of how he's made it big or whatever. I seem to remember him resorting to that back in his previous days around. Different take on his handle here but he's still a shithead.

Modo, if you dont like the way the mods run the boards or how much info they post, then you can always just leave. You wouldnt be missed.

I just questioned why certain things aren't posted and now I've got my answer. I never said I had a problem.

Quite simple. In this age of mergers and downsizing, there a lot of people scrambling for jobs right now.

It's quite sad to see that you have to stoop down to attacking me personally.

It was a question, I am sincerely sorry if you interpreted it as a personal attack.

Well wait, Modo will entertain us all of how he's made it big or whatever. I seem to remember him resorting to that back in his previous days around. Different take on his handle here but he's still a shithead.

Oh, cause your a mod you don't have to abide by the rules and you can just call me a shithead. Nice, dude.

Think of it this way: Manufacturers use MSH as a valuable source of feedback. There is no better and cheaper way for them to know what the average hockey playing Joe thinks about a product. Every here and there I even feel that we have changed minor things in the industry.

As for the companies' fear of prematurely published info: Just imagine you run a big business like Bauer and you plan to relaese a new product, let's say Vapor XXX skates. You'd be in trouble if everybody knew about the XXX skates half a year (or earlier) before they come out. Why? Simply because people would stop buying the XX skates and rather wait for the XXX.

Take JR's connection to Mission for example. I know he knows many many details about their future products. He even is on a pair of Mission skates that is yet to be released. What do you think what would happen if he posted all kinds of info, pics etc. about the new Mission skate? Guys would stop buying the S500 skate waiting for the new product.

JR has had pics of the Helium stuff well before it was even produced. What impact would it have had had he posted the pics for everyone? Answer: See above.

No, I call you shithead because that's what I think of you, shithead.

All-righty 1800 post boy. There are ants that will live more eventful lives than you.

Think of it this way: Manufacturers use MSH as a valuable source of feedback. There is no better and cheaper way for them to know what the average hockey playing Joe thinks about a product. Every here and there I even feel that we have changed minor things in the industry.

As for the companies' fear of prematurely published info: Just imagine you run a big business like Bauer and you plan to relaese a new product, let's say Vapor XXX skates. You'd be in trouble if everybody knew about the XXX skates half a year (or earlier) before they come out. Why? Simply because people would stop buying the XX skates and rather wait for the XXX.

Take JR's connection to Mission for example. I know he knows many many details about their future products. He even is on a pair of Mission skates that is yet to be released. What do you think what would happen if he posted all kinds of info, pics etc. about the new Mission skate? Guys would stop buying the S500 skate waiting for the new product.

JR has had pics of the Helium stuff well before it was even produced. What impact would it have had had he posted the pics for everyone? Answer: See above.

Very well said, and good examples, I truly understand now. Thanks for explaining it to me in a mature and intelligent manner--unlike some other people/mods.

Um, I PMed you yesterday explaining my situation.

I guess we gave you a little bit too much credit - everyone else seemed to understand...

JR, I AM SORRY, for real. I haven't opened my PM's. I fell asleep when the Yankees were winning 7-0 and never checked the computer, and I cannot check my PM's while I am at work because my company IT Web Filter denies me from accessing that page citing "weighted phrase" or something like that...

All-righty 1800 post boy. There are ants that will live more eventful lives than you.

Well, 1854 posts (as of right now).

How is the number of posts mack has made in any way relavent? If anything, you are punching holes in your own arguement.

Learn how to pick your battles a little better. Right now, you are trying to go "toe-to-toe" with one of the most respected members of this board (that is, afterall, why has the title of "moderator). Not only have you managed to alienate yourself from the rest of this board, but you have also gone after the one guy on this board who will not hesitate to rip you a new one via text.

This from a guy who feels the need to put himself on a pedestal for people on a message board? Besides, of late your tell-all post count's reaching limits outdone only by the worthless crap that comes from your soft skull.

Of all the mods you and Theo are the only ones who are nice to me and don't delete my posts. And thanks for being the first person to welcome me to modsquad right after I registered. I just know you can often leverage relationships and contacts to get job opportunities.

I just know you can often leverage relationships and contacts to get job opportunities.

And I have tried to. But nothing yet....and time is running out.

Oh well.

I just know you can often leverage relationships and contacts to get job opportunities.

And I have tried to. But nothing yet....and time is running out.

Oh well.

Persistence is the key to getting a job. You got keep hammering; it's like a full time job just to get a job--if you know what I mean.

...with one of the most respected members of this board (that is, afterall, why has the title of "moderator...

:lol: we didn't become mods because we are respected but we should try to be respected to be good mods.

Some of us became mods on CB for reason that were beyond respect and knowledge. Heck, I knew crap about hockey gear when I became a mod and I am still lightyears behind the omnisient Jean-René