Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mx_freak28

Reebok Hockey

Heck, I knew crap about hockey gear when I became a mod and I am still lightyears behind the omnisient Jean-René

Who dat?

:ph34r:

No, I call you shithead because that's what I think of you, shithead.

All-righty 1800 post boy. There are ants that will live more eventful lives than you.

Well, 1854 posts (as of right now).

How is the number of posts mack has made in any way relavent? If anything, you are punching holes in your own arguement.

Learn how to pick your battles a little better. Right now, you are trying to go "toe-to-toe" with one of the most respected members of this board (that is, afterall, why has the title of "moderator). Not only have you managed to alienate yourself from the rest of this board, but you have also gone after the one guy on this board who will not hesitate to rip you a new one via text.

Now I've heard it all. Thanks for the laugh fanboy.

For the love of god Modo, do you always have to have the last word? Just leave it alone and let it die. The more you retaliate with insults the more you look like a jackass.

Now I've heard it all.  Thanks for the laugh fanboy.

OOH! Does this mean I get an "A" in ass-kissing, too! Goody-gumdrops *rolls eyes*

Back on task...I really find it hard to imagine a dressing room filled with guys wearing "Reebok" (or "RBK," whichever it turns out to be) shoulder pads and shin-guards, as opposed to the "Jofa" I have become so accustomed to seeing. I would think that Reebok would take over Jofa, yet keep the name and the loyal customers that go along with it, much the way Nike did with Bauer.

It's hard to do that with three brands and adding a fourth, all with multiple lines of equipment. I have been saying for years that they should Dump Koho for everything that wasn't goal related and concentrate Jofa on protective. Making all three brands with a full-line of products has to be expensive and cut into profitability.

I have been saying for years that they should Dump Koho for everything that wasn't goal related and concentrate Jofa on protective. Making all three brands with a full-line of products has to be expensive and cut into profitability.

Not to mention most hockey stores dont want to carry 3 lines from one company. I work at a store and we're comstantly trying to figure out what to buy and what to pass on. It would be way to hard with 4 lines.

Jofa and Koho have a solid foundation in Europe. It would make little sense to drop those brands if european customers were still buying it. It seems logical to make full lines for Jofa and Koho, when you factor in the rest of the world.

Also, doesn't RBK sound like something you purchase at Burger King?

Isn't Rbk on the urban influenced products in footwear and softgoods?

Im sure petey can attest to this, but every swedish player ive played with/against has been completely decked out in jofa. Jofa is sweden and vice versa.

excellent point, are they selling well in Europe? In any case gutting the structure as much as they reportedly plan to do seems extreme. It also doesn't jibe with teh rumors that they plan to sell off THC and just keep the soft goods contracts.

I personally think it should be broken down like this:

CCM - Low end helmet and all versions of skates and sticks ; no goal stuff

Reebok - everything; no goal stuff

Jofa - all padding, no skates or gloves or helmets or skates; no goal stuff

Koho - All goal stuff

So... what do you guy s think about Reebok equipment so far?

Why don't you throw us a bone and let us know what's going on? :ph34r:

:o I think I know what's going on here.

I realy don't get the idea of getting rid of jofa. Their protective line sells because it's jofa. It's great stuff, but everyone who buys it buys it because of the name and reputation. Kind of stupid to get rid of that. Sorry, very stupid. Unless it makes the bean counters happy because it's easier to account for.

Us poor accountants can handle the treatment of different companies under one umbrella....that is my last dork-a-rific post

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
And if you really think executives at Graf, Louisville, ect.. really give a shit about what is said on a message board, well then you have a very warped perception of the real world[i/]

Some guy on Corebeam got into a heap of trouble for releasing info prematurely about a skate--unless you work for said manufacturer, legally nothing can be done to you. The only way the higher-ups at any large hockey equipment manufacturer would give a shit about what is on a message board would be if someone is stealing shematics and manufacturing processes and posting them as excel documents. I love how you guys build up these conspiracy theories and try to make yourselves and the precious information you think no one else "supposedly" doesn't have, seem so important and valuable. That's what I love most about this board. I get a huge kick out of that!

I respectfully disagree with your statement.

And if you really think executives at Graf, Louisville, ect.. really give a shit about what is said on a message board, well then you have a very warped perception of the real world[i/] 

Some guy on Corebeam got into a heap of trouble for releasing info prematurely about a skate--unless you work for said manufacturer, legally nothing can be done to you.  The only way the higher-ups at any large hockey equipment manufacturer would give a shit about what is on a message board would be if someone is stealing shematics and manufacturing processes and posting them as excel documents.  I love how you guys build up these conspiracy theories and try to make yourselves and the precious information you think no one else "supposedly" doesn't have, seem so important and valuable.  That's what I love most about this board.  I get a huge kick out of that!

I respectfully disagree with your statement.

LOL... marcelo where were you when I was writing my comment.... your answer would have kept me out of the a$$ kissing category....

JIM BOB:

Why it that some people immediately jump all over someone about their knowledge. Do the people with Hockey industry experience need to state their resume before commenting? I hope not because you'll find that those people will share far less info and opinions.

JIM BOB:

Why it that some people immediately jump all over someone about their knowledge. Do the people with Hockey industry experience need to state their resume before commenting? I hope not because you'll find that those people will share far less info and opinions.

Ummmmm do you realize that my ;) meant that I was being sarcastic?

Trust me, I know full well who Marcelo is. I even bought my goalie gear from him.

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
LOL... marcelo where were you when I was writing my comment.... your answer would have kept me out of the a$$ kissing category....

Sorry Murph. I've been busy as of late. Lots of new product to learn about.

You, an a$$ kisser? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :ph34r:

Hope all is well with you. We'll chat soon. That's a promise.

My pennies worth is that Reebok or Rbk should follow Nike's lead and develop a niche (i.e Nike have targeted a much younger player who doesnt have allegiance to a traqditional brand) for themselves. Why take away business from Jofa or CCM or Koho. Jofas biggest claim to fame in their advertising for the last few years has been that 99% of NHL players wear at least one piece of their gear. As mentioned Jofa is also a very big brand in Europe. Why kill all of that good will for the sake of promoting a new name to hockey? If Reebok drop them then Bauer and others will be very happy indeed.

CCM have done a very creditable job with Jerseys and now it looks like Koho are getting in on the act. Even here I wonder how Reebok can do it better, if they can't then they shouldn't try. CCM's line of skates - top to bottom places them as a market leader so ditto above.

As for one company with several lines. That doesnt really matter, what matters is the quality/price of the line and whether there is a market for it. This is why Bauer developed the Vapor line and CCM Externo lines - the marjket can support it. Additionally the average Joe buying gear doesnt walk into a store and say heck you only have THC's gear, they see 3 lines from 3 different brands/companies. Adding a fourth, maybe it's not viable, but if they did, well they get closer to being a one stop shop for some smaller shops - that would ease ordering, billing, shipping....