Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mx_freak28

Reebok Hockey

Just to let everybody know....reebok hockey has signed many players to equipment deals....apperently they signed Iginla and Modano and many other players....and apperently Koho goalies are now going to be reebok goailes...the reason why i know this is because i work at a sports store and that CCM had its annual product showcase in Toronto on wed and my manager went to it and told us the details of his tripp.....this is just what ive heard from a reliable source

I've heard that CuJo is going to be wearing Reebok gear. But, they aren't moving all the Koho goalies to Reebok from what I've heard. Although, Lefebvre, who has made all the Koho gear in recent history, is reportedly going to be making the Reebok goalie gear as well.

On a side note, I heard that the AHL teams have to return all the broken Reebok OPSs that they have. Apparently each stick has a serial number and Reebok wants them back. I'm guessing that they are still doing loads of R&D on the sticks and they are going to be doing failure mode analysis based on the sticks that they get back.

Finally, a company that actually gives a damn about their one-pieces breaking... hopefully these will last as long as some of the blade/shaft combos out there.

From what I have seen at Amerks practice this week, things look about the same.

When companies are trying to make sticks as light as possible, durability will also be less than stellar.

I'm just surprised that they haven't come out with a OPS that is made stricly for durability at the expense of weight/performance.

Just to let everybody know....reebok hockey has signed many players to equipment deals....apperently they signed Iginla and Modano and many other players....and apperently Koho goalies are now going to be reebok goailes...the reason why i know this is because i work at a sports store and that CCM had its annual product showcase in Toronto on wed and my manager went to it and told us the details of his tripp.....this is just what ive heard from a reliable source

Reebok purchased THC (The Hockey Company) which consists of CCM, Koho, and Jofa. The new Reebok equipment was debuted at the World Cup about a month ago, many players were just wearing standard CCM equipment such as helmets, pants, gloves, etc. but they had the Reebok logo instead. From what i've read, CCM is going to remain as is and Jofa and Koho will be "merged" and the Jofa and Koho line of equipment will just become Reebok, but CCM will remain the same.

I was looking at the Rangers pics from the Prospect Camp and noticed a lot of guys using the Reebok sticks. I couldn't find any info about the new Reebok product lines.

It's the normal one. On the opening page you will see the article about the Wolfpack (3rd one down). I couldn't link it to here. Go to Photos day 3 or 4 and you will see the Reebok sticks. They are blue and silver.

I'm just surprised that they haven't come out with a OPS that is made stricly for durability at the expense of weight/performance.

Not sure whom you refer to, but there is a company that makes (true!) OPS that put performance and durability above weight... (drum roll.........).... BUSCH

Their true OPS weigh between 500 and 600+ grams, yet they are known to be tanks and perform well.

www.busch-hockey.com

Why does it always seem like I repeat myself when you ask me a question? LOL

That's what I heard...but I don't think anyone at this point who has a clear answer...

Not sure whom you refer to, but there is a company that makes (true!) OPS that put performance and durability above weight... (drum roll.........).... BUSCH

Their true OPS weigh between 500 and 600+ grams, yet they are known to be tanks and perform well.

www.buschhockey.com

Actually, that pretty much sums up the Vector sticks.

www.buschhockey.com

the link ought to be www.busch-hockey.com

Why does it always seem like I repeat myself when you ask me a question?  LOL

I was just wondering if they were getting rid of sticks too...although I think you said the Reebok 1-piece was the same as the Koho....I see your point sensai ;)

I don't think anyone really knows...I do know that the Reebok is the same as the Revolution, and I think they are banking on the newness of Reebok Hockey to sell that stick...I don't think I have sold one...

I'm betting the RBK is the same as the new CCM V130. That's the only reason I could see so many pros using it.

It could very well be. The Koho is a standard OPS and the V130 will be too. The Koho is not a bad stick, however, the handle's much too thick and the downfall of the stick is the Koho name. They thought they would boost sales by naming it Revolution but to no avail...

That wasnt a good idea, they have the same exact stick in a woody, same color and everything and people want to look "flashy" with an OPS. Love the grip on the koho, very nice. Also I think the fact that they only made them in 2 flexes (Jr. and Sr.) is what also hurt them.....

www.busch-hockey.com

do the INNO true 1 was also a real one piece and i think they do perform really well!!