Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slacker76

Penguins 2009-2010

Fleury should get the start today as John Curry was sent down to Wilkes Barre (WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO BUH BYE!)

Big fun game today I hope :) Maybe they'll heed the words of wisdom put forth here and go simple on the PP. I saw an article that Malkin was saying that he really liked playing with Nick Johnson because Johnson is right handed..exactly what some of ya'll were talkin about.

i'll stop now - but again gonchar gets another shot through from the point = goal

it's not rocket science :P

tell the leafs that

I love this article.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_663811.html

Glad to see a big win posted over Philly, hope it gives some momentum and can continue and get another win over the Rangers tonight. Really hoping to see MAF in the cage.

haha great article. Gotta say, being an Islanders and Capitals fan, i pull for the Penguins every time they play the Flyers.

I think tonight is a perfect example of why Letand isn't on the PP. Very unsure of himself, weak passes, takes too long to make a decision. It's like all the smoothness he has even strength is gone as he overthinks every move on the PP.

its a little early to say he is a sniper - he has played games before with the pens and didn't do much - but it would be nice if he can get a little bit of chemistry going with sid. I think the most important thing is he isn't overthinking anything and when he shoots he actually hits the net - unlike alot of other people that sid has played with. Chances are when sid finds you open in the offensive zone you had better one time it or get rid of it quick.

Fleury looked great last night. The second goal was a bit of a stinker that snuck in there but he made plenty of strong saves. I doubt Connor gets more than a cup of coffee with the Pens this year but who knows with injuries. Anybody have articles on gogo and or billy G injury status?

fleury%20robs%20gaborik.jpg

Glove save what a beauty!

Chris Conner where have you been all Sid's life. Finally a sniper to play with Sid!

Sent down this morning along with Johnson. So much for that :rolleyes:

Poni will not debut tonight for the Penguins due to work visa issues.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-p...p&type=lgns

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Newly acquired forward Alex Ponikarovsky won’t play for the Pittsburgh Penguins against the Rangers in New York on Thursday night because he lacks a U.S. work visa.

Because Ponikarovsky became a Canadian citizen while playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs, the process for obtaining the work visa should take only a couple of days. A native of the Ukraine, he could play for Pittsburgh during Saturday’s home game against Dallas.

The visa is required when a citizen of another country accepts employment in the United States.

The Penguins acquired Ponikarovsky from the Maple Leafs on Tuesday night for prospect Luca Caputi(notes) and defenseman Martin Skoula(notes), who was subsequently traded to New Jersey for a fifth-round draft pick.

Updated Mar 3, 5:26 pm EST

Also, for next season...

CAP CRUNCH

The Penguins are committed to $41,008,330 for 13 players against the NHL salary-cap next season. The cap is expected to increase slightly from $56.8 million. A look at the 10 roster players on expiring contracts:

UNSIGNED

PLAYER, POSITION — CAP HIT

Sergei Gonchar, Defense — $5 million

Alexei Ponikarovsky, Left wing — $2.105 million

Bill Guerin, Right wing — $2 million

Mark Eaton, Defense — $2 million

Ruslan Fedotenko, Left wing — $1.8 million

Jordan Leopold, Defense — $1.75 million

Matt Cooke, Left wing — $1.2 million

Kris Letang, Defense — $835,000

Jay McKee, Defense — $835,000

Brent Johnson, Goalie — $525,000

Cumulative cap space: $18,015,000

Notable: All players except Letang can become unrestricted free agents on July 1.

LOCKED UP

PLAYER, POSITION — CAP HIT

Sidney Crosby, Center — $8.7 million

Evgeni Malkin, Center — $8.7 million

Marc-Andre Fleury, Goalie — $5 million

Jordan Staal, Center — $4 million

Brooks Orpik, Defense — $3.75 million

Chris Kunitz, Left wing — $3.725 million

Alex Goligoski, Defense — $1.833 million

Pascal Dupuis, Left wing — $1.4 million

Max Talbot, Center — $1.05 million

Mike Rupp, Right wing — $825,000

Eric Godard, Right wing — $750,000

Tyler Kennedy, Center — $725,000

Craig Adams, Right wing — $550,000

Another piss poor effort against the Devils tonight. I cannot believe that the Pens are half a game away from losing 6 straight to the Devils. Couple breakaways and a 4 on 2 given up before the game is half over.. I'm so disgusted right now.

I wouldn't be worried if I were a Pens fan. Though I would be if you end up matched against each other in the playoffs.

Regular season means shit, even if they do meet them in the playoffs, caps swept the pens in the regular season last year and we know how that ended

Oh yeah the playoffs are a whole new animal but it still stinks to get swept in the season series, mostly cause I hate the Devils lol. Main concern is I'd much rather have the #2 seed than the #4 seed.

I agree the regular season means little compared to the playoffs, but the Pens didn't do crap against the Devils this year. I suppose if they meet they can just all try wraparounds on Marty. That'll probably work.

As a Pens guy, I'm not really concerned that NJ swept the season series. Like Smoke said, WSH took 'em all from PIT during the regular season, and we all know how that ended.

What's eye-opening to me is that the Pens' record against teams ahead of them in the overall standings is 0-11, with two of those losses in OT/SO if my memory serves me correctly. That's not going to get it done.