Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citixen

My 2 One95 Pro Stock Sticks have different weaves?

Could someone help me out with my phil kessel One95 pro stock from his bruins days?

Im just generally curious about the stick, see if maybe there is anything special about it.

Numbers below the name are:

0678-19

G3

Thanks in advance

Could someone help me out with my phil kessel One95 pro stock from his bruins days?

Im just generally curious about the stick, see if maybe there is anything special about it.

Numbers below the name are:

0678-19

G3

Thanks in advance

If I remember correctly it goes

Player Pro Curve

Flex

Shaft shape/grip/tactile

i believe kessel's actually a xxxx with one95 graphics and someone on here had one for sale forgot who, woulda bought it but lie's too damn low <_<

i believe kessel's actually a xxxx with one95 graphics and someone on here had one for sale forgot who, woulda bought it but lie's too damn low <_<

It looks to have the same weave as the ohlund One95 posted in this thread, but the shaft feels much smaller, like a vapor XXXX. I Have never played with a XXXX or any other one95 only held them in my LHS, so I wouldn't be able to compare the feel as far as kick and puck feel. This is my first non-easton stick actually.

Once again, here is the lettering below his name (P. kessel #81 prostock):

0678-19

G3

We've had discussions in the past about how the nanotube technology on the CNT was a bs marketing gimmick.

I'm starting to think all of the new "stick technology" is a marketing gimmick...

When they're talking about the material itself being improved, it pretty much is. The innovation is in the layering of the composites and the angles that's done at, to maximize whatever characteristics they're looking for. If it's all fibers straight down, you have no transverse strength whatsoever- you could probably crumple the stick just by stepping on it, not to mention all the microfractures the strain would cause when you shoot (which doom the composite). Trouble is, those wraps decrease the stiffness along the length of the shaft, so you add weight. That's pretty well covered ground by now, northing's really an innovation, but they do tweak it to adjust the feel, weight, torque...

Balance characteristics are also non gimmick innovations, like the SE16. Geometry changes will also have a real effect.

true, and thats why I just can't use any other standard blade than the Z-carbon/S-15...

I know it's just mostly in my head, but I think I can really feel that focus flex portion when shooting, passing.

I haven't used a Z-bubble, but I am kind of curious how it's going to work with the Z-carbon blade. Two focus flex zones???lol

But damn they are so durable :angry: (sarcasm)

From what the Bauer guy told me,

For my One90 it goes like this

1645-2

C

The first number is a ticket number that, when entered, tells how the stick was made.

the second number is the flex.

The third number/letter (at least on mine, which was a C) called out that the stick was built as a one piece with a thick taper

I also had a Chuck Kobasew One90

0153-9

A2

A2 calls out that the stick is built as 2 pieces with a higer kick point.

I have Tom Gilbert One95 with the following codes:

2736-2

A3

What is really odd is that there is a bulge in the shaft near the blade

img0579b.th.jpg

Anybody know what this is?

Hey JR,

I have a pro stock bauer painted like a one95 but I think it is an X60, its code is G12E, do you know anything about the x60 coding?

can you play chess / checkers on your stick? :P

if the weave is insanely large on your blade, than it's an X:60.

Hey JR,

I have a pro stock bauer painted like a one95 but I think it is an X60, its code is G12E, do you know anything about the x60 coding?

can you play chess / checkers on your stick? :P

if the weave is insanely large on your blade, than it's an X:60.

:) Haha, yeah basically homie, but I just thought I would throw the code out their for other people to check their sticks with since it wasn't on the flex chart

2736-2

A3

img0579b.th.jpg

2 pc fused stick. That's what the bulge is.

2736-2

A3

2 pc fused stick. That's what the bulge is.

Thanks for the info JR!

Comforting to read as this clears up my question from another thread. I'm glad the C29 actually means it's a one95. I was nervous I had not done my due diligence before my purchases! Alas, if I am reading the information JR posted wrong, feel free to point it out :)

I was just going to ask the same thing.

I'm kind of curious what the G "custom flex profile" deal means? Does that mean if it's like a XXXX (ala low kickpoint) dressed up like a One95, they give it a G?

my kessel is a xxxx painted as a one95. It has xxxx stamped on it.