Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kklinder

Best skates ever

Daoust National 301 early 80s all leather interior and inner sole, Bauer Custom Supreme 1000 late 80s, top of the line skate pro model leather interior liner Flo-Lite gel pad, awesome skates, these are what Ron Francis will be buried wearing. Bauer Custom Supreme 3000 early 90s, clarino interior, pro stock boot with #2 stiffness way before #2 was standard retail, went through 2 pair. Great memories of those 3 models.

BTW, before I got my Microns, I had a pair of CCM Ultra Tacks that looked kinda like these (I found the picture on craigslist).

ultra_tacks.jpg

Loved them (even more than my Microns). They had yellow "titanium" runners.

Micron 10-90's were great. I've still got a pair with maybe 20 skating sessions on them. They come out very sparingly. I also loved the Air-90's and the Vapor 8's. Vapor's were great because they were something competely different than anything else on the market.

Flo-lite... I remember that stuff. My first go was supreme 100's in pee wee's, great skates. The flo-lite was great unless you left your skates in the truck at minus 20 ouch!

My new grafs ultra g3 are my favorite skates though

My One95s are the by far the best skates I've ever had, period. They've never hurt my feet, not for months on end, not the first time I skated in them, never. I couldnt even think of what more I could ask for.

My One95s are the by far the best skates I've ever had, period. They've never hurt my feet, not for months on end, not the first time I skated in them, never. I couldnt even think of what more I could ask for.

Agreed. I mean, as much as I LOVED my Pro Tacks, I still had to bake them multiple times and have a good amount of ice-milage before they were perfect.

The One95s took no time at all to get comfy. Had to replace the flimsy stock laces and work the tongue a little but everything about the fit is perfect. I couldn't comfortably wear 8090s because of the toecap, but the new ergo cap on the Supreme line fits like a dream.

I picked up a couple pairs of 7.5 expecting to love them. The fit is truly incredible, but I just can't get used to the stiffness. I just don't feel like I've got the feel for the ice like in my old-school Daousts. So , I think I'm going to sell the second pair. Awesome skates, though, if you like a super-stiff boot; better IMO than anything the big boys are putting out. Quality is outstanding.

When I first used them, I made the mistake of lacing them up too tightly and ended up skating like I was in ski boots. I switched to waxed laces and did the top pair of eyelets more loosely, and that helped a lot. My older pair has also gotten a bit softer in the forward flex, so that was also a plus. I'm recreating that feel in my new pair by skipping the top eyelet completely. So far, so good.

Did the same switch to waxed laces...made a BIG difference...still not there for me, and I'm not sure how long I want to give it. Did you change the pitch at all?

Kor Shift 1

I picked up a couple pairs of 7.5 expecting to love them. The fit is truly incredible, but I just can't get used to the stiffness. I just don't feel like I've got the feel for the ice like in my old-school Daousts. So , I think I'm going to sell the second pair. Awesome skates, though, if you like a super-stiff boot; better IMO than anything the big boys are putting out. Quality is outstanding.

Mission S500s are my favorite skate and the custom ones with a little extra depth are perfect. It kills me that I will never be able to get another pair of skates like that again.

Chadd,

Have you ever tried the AG 120? I'd be curious about a comparison.

I liked the shift 1 but I could never quite get them to fit properly, no matter how many times I baked them. The shift 2 was a better fit for me, but didn't feel quite as good.

I'm skating in 120 AGs right now. It's as close as I can find to the S500, and much better than the 110 AG, but is not the same.

Do the 120 AG and the S500 run by the same sizing? Also, what size are you? I'll keep my eyes open, or do you only want the custom ones?

I have the blades profiled such that when the steel is adjusted to +1, it is the same as the normal pitch on a Graf Cobra 3000 holder. My four pairs of good skates are profiled and sharpened to match the same setup now, so the main variable I have to get used to is the boot itself.

Either the original Vapor 10 or 5000/7000/8090. Had pairs of each in custom extra stiff. Haven't been able to find a fit like that since. Even through custom.

Also, in my opinion, the Custom+ will always be superior to the Lightspeed.

I'm fairly young compared to most people here, but when I first started out I inherited a pair of Vapor 10's. Was the best fitting skate I ever had until I out grew them. Since then, only the Easton S15 has fit my foot better. Like a glove. Never had to bake them. Durability was solved by replacing the toecap and ordering them double stitched from my rep.

Have you tried AGX's? I used to skate in S400's and switched to AGX's because I wanted a stiffer boot but not too stiff and a little more protection.

I'm skating in 120 AGs right now. It's as close as I can find to the S500, and much better than the 110 AG, but is not the same.

Never tried the AGX, I prefer the softer ankle of the S-AG series.

Have you tried AGX's? I used to skate in S400's and switched to AGX's because I wanted a stiffer boot but not too stiff and a little more protection.

Do the 120 AG and the S500 run by the same sizing? Also, what size are you? I'll keep my eyes open, or do you only want the custom ones?

I wear 10EE and I'd take a cheap pair of S500s if the holders are in good shape. I would probably cut the tongue out and put them in my Fuels, the tongue from the S500 was just about perfect.