Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kklinder

Best skates ever

1. Mission 120XP's

2. Bauer Supreme 8000's

3. Mission S500's

(honorable mention: Vaopr XXX's with pitch holder)

I am a huge Mission fan and love the way they fit. I really like the XP's because they fit me like the S500s but were much stiffer which I liked. I am curious about the NME 9-1's but they kind of look like one90 immitations.

Gotta go with the one95's. A graduation present when they first came out and they've been spectacular. The only issue is I'm just now starting to get a little lace bite on my right foot. They may need to go in for surgery and come out with some fatter tongues.

Gotta go with the one95's. A graduation present when they first came out and they've been spectacular. The only issue is I'm just now starting to get a little lace bite on my right foot. They may need to go in for surgery and come out with some fatter tongues.

funny - I was going to say exactly the same, even including the lace bite!

One95 all the way!

re the lace bite - strangely enough it came out of nowhere after almost a year of use, but then dissapeared just as suddenly as it appeared.

My three favourite best skates:

1) Easton 1300C's ( currently still using them)

2) CCM Pro Tacks

3) Bauer Supreme 5000's

Honourable mention goes to the Easton Synergy 900's.

I *think* they were Bauer 2000 custom supremes with the "flolite" ankle pads (the flolite proshop display looked like a piece of clay packed in clear plastic)? Late 80's? Whatever they were, they were my first top of the line/properly fitted skate. I loved them. I started skating barefoot in them. They had a very soft leather liner which was soft and supple and smelled like death after the first month! After I grew out of those I went to I think Bauer 2000 or 3000 when they first intoduced the TUUK V2 blade. Sharpeners hated me. :)

And to my all time favorite skate CCM 652 Vacutack.

-L

Micron Mega 10-90's. Great Skate prior to being bought out by Bauer. It had a more forward lean to the boot (As did the Daoust 501's) which I found similar to the Missions I have now.

Which Missions do you have?

SSL...Mission AGX set +1

where does the AGX fall in Mission's lineup?? is it up there with the 120 AG/XP? or does it have a little lesser spec?

It's a combination of the AG's low profile and forward lean and the XP's lateral stiffness. It had all the features of the 120 line but seemed IMO to weigh slightly more. Pretty ideal skate for me though.

1. NBH One95s, but I'm looking to replace the stock tongues with leather.

2. Bauer Supreme 5000 pro returns made for Ray Whitney when he was with the Sharks. Both skates were 7 D/A and had white Tuuks rather than the black ones the retail 5000s had at that time.

3. Bauer Supreme 2000

The best skates of all time that I have used are the Bauer supreme 5000's Althought I very much love my Graf G35's They are super comfertable after you break them in. ( They hurt really bad to break in)

In my PeeWee years, i loved the way my CCM externo's fit, and my parents liked the price tag. Now, I am really starting to like my 4.0 pro flexlites, after a lengthy break in and adjustment process.